Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This has to have some winter soldier/shang chi choreography and be rated r with more action than just story to be even remotely good.

Marvel has to up their game cause they're losing traction fast.

A couple of no name marvel hero movies can't save them. They need to bring out Spidey and F4 like....this year into early next year and cancel that wack ass Agatha series.
Theyd be better off just making this John Wick with vampires

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reason Blade worked so well was it was a comic movie without feeling like one.

The realistic setting (like him going into the two clubs) made the movie seem like a place downtown you could end up at on a Saturday night.

There is too much "toy tie-in" with the MCU/Disney for this to work. Not to mention Snipes has legit martial arts skills and did all his own stunts.

The Disney team wouldn't understand that what makes Blade work is character does not need to be "cleaned up for the masses". The character ain't for little fukking kids.

They would NEVER make a scene like this

This movie has disaster written all over it.

Man you got me wanted to watch this tonight. Great flick

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Love craft country wasn’t a very good show. It had the outline of a good show but there were some issues. Hope they don’t bungle this.

Yeaaaa this news doesn’t inspire confidence

I don’t want to hold it against the director as he only helmed the pilot and the first three episodes (and the 8th I want to say) are the best episodes but Lovecraft Country over all did NOT stick the landing when it was super easy to have done so.

I wonder what the issue was with the original creative team? Blade shouldn’t be super hard to adapt and the funny thing is their allowing Deadpool to remain Rated R so why the fukk not Blade??!?!!?!

Mahershala Ali deserves better

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Love craft country wasn’t a very good show. It had the outline of a good show but there were some issues. Hope they don’t bungle this.
Didn’t like Lovecraft Country either but Demange only directed, IMO, the strongest episode of the season with the pilot. Show fell off hard afterwards.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The fact they're rewriting a script and everything we aren't seeing this until 2025 at minimum. Also depends on if Blade has an important role at all but this phase with Kang is pure science fiction. Blade and the supernatural side of Marvel have largely been ignored so far. Werewolf by night was a whole tv special and nothing since. Blade isn't a priority like that so far it seems :francis:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This gonna hit in phase 7 :francis:
2023: “Guys y’all gotta let Marvel cook. They’re just setting things up. The build-up to Endgame wasn’t done in a year.” :whoa:

2028: “Give them some damn time man. They’re just setting things up.”
full

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disney can't fuq with X-Men stuff until the contract fully expires unless they use the original casts in which they plan to recast hence Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman reprising their roles.

Fox casting sux ass and balls.

They need to immediately jump on F4 and get the ball rolling like ASAP. They need a phenomenal director, superb cast and great storytelling.

I think the Kang stuff is to do a slow reset of the universe to give explanation for why they were never there.

Gambit is a NO unless you want the niqqa from John Carter playing him which is trash.

Marvel needs to focus on the midnight Suns and more street tier heroes but make gritty content.

They need to bring in some of the original Netflix showrunners and make it rated R.

They need to can some of these upcoming specials unless it foreshadows Kang and introduces heavy hitters like Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Celestials, Eternals, other mutants not used by Fox that are well known like Mr. Sinister, Gladiator, Shiar empire. I think they can use Rogue soon since she hasn't been in a movie since the original 1998 X Men movie.

If I was a writer, that's what I would do.

Ghost rider, Strange, Blade, Mephisto, the defenders, Spiderman and just introduce darker grittier content in preparation for the X Men. I'd even do a fuqqed up origins story to the Silver Surfer to where he loses his entire race and becomes a slave to Galactus.

If the contracts expire in 2025, that’s not that long of a wait. They can do Spider-Man and F4 until then.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
If they gave a shyt about this character it would be dope if Mr Sinister was responsible for vampires.

Maybe during his genetic experiments back in the day. Instead of trying to save his infant son and dying maybe his son was like 21-ish and turned him into a vampire through experiments in an attempt to save his life.

Place it in Europe like his origins and he makes his son leave before the town casts him out or attempts to kill him due to his condition/coming back from the dead (ala Highlander).

Would tie in X-Men, etc.

But fukk it ...

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
If they gave a shyt about this character it would be dope if Mr Sinister was responsible for vampires.

Maybe during his genetic experiments back in the day. Instead of trying to save his infant son and dying maybe his son was like 21-ish and turned him into a vampire through experiments in an attempt to save his life.

Place it in Europe like his origins and he makes his son leave before the town casts him out or attempts to kill him due to his condition/coming back from the dead (ala Highlander).

Would tie in X-Men, etc.

But fukk it ...
Vampires exist already and are apparently dangerous enough that the Time people prune them out of existence.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Vampires exist already and are apparently dangerous enough that the Time people prune them out of existence.

Yes I know with Loki there were certain things that were in place already but with enough changes in time variance anything can happen I'm just throwing a suggestion to make it look interesting

:yeshrug: