Marvel just added 4 more movies, including an "Antman and Wasp" sequel

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I've never been an ant man fan and the only reason I wanted to see it to begin with was Edgar wright. Once he was out :coffee: so yeah the draw for me was gone I figured I'd just catch it when I catch it

I was the same way, minus the Edgar Wright part. i.e. I never cared to see it period.

2 weeks ago tho I finally did catch it on bootleg (allegedly) on some fukk it, let me just see how badly they jobbed Sam out.

It wasn't terrible (the jobbing). As for the movie, if you're like me and have zero fukks for hank, scott, janet, hope, ant-man and the entire mytho... i'll say it was well done. I still wouldn't have paid for it in theaters or dvd (b/c i still care little for the mytho) but it's nothing i would bash in its execution.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@Primetime, to follow up on my Winter Soldier example, WS soldier cast looked like this in terms of importance, imo:

-Cap
-Winter Soldier
-Black Widow
-Falcon
-Alexander Pierce
-Nick Fury
-Crossbones
-Agent Carter
-Maria Hill

About 9 people of some significance. Yet the script made sure the supporting cast has a great showing (we've been highlighting Falcon's showing throughout this thread) while keeping Cap as the lead and the one doing the biggest and most amount of feats.

One can more or less do the same thing with BP. Difference is, there are a bit more women this time:

-T'Challa
-Klaw
-Love Interest
-Shuri
-W'Kabi
-Ramonda
-S'yan
-Zuri
-The Dora Milaje (as a unit)

About the same amount of supporting cast as TWS. They can just follow the WS model in making the supporting cast engaging, will keeping T'Challa as the unquestionable star of the show. Doing so can really strengthen the movie.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
@Primetime, to follow up on my Winter Soldier example, WS soldier cast looked like this in terms of importance, imo:

-Cap
-Winter Soldier
-Black Widow
-Falcon
-Alexander Pierce
-Nick Fury
-Crossbones
-Agent Carter
-Maria Hill

About 9 people of some significance. Yet the script made sure the supporting cast has a great showing (we've been highlighting Falcon's showing throughout this thread) while keeping Cap as the lead and the one doing the biggest and most amount of feats.

One can more or less do the same thing with BP. Difference is, there are a bit more women this time:

-T'Challa
-Klaw
-Love Interest
-Shuri
-W'Kabi
-Ramonda
-S'yan
-Zuri
-The Dora Milaje (as a unit)

About the same amount of supporting cast as TWS. They can just follow the WS model in making the supporting cast engaging, will keeping T'Challa as the unquestionable star of the show. Doing so can really strengthen the movie.

I have three trains of thoughts on this. One, I agree with your train of thought. CA:TWS was probably my favorite MCU movie at this point and i think they showed they could balance a big cast well... and I think Civil War will trump even that in scale and scope, while still keeping it focused on Steve Rogers. So i can see that same concept working for BP films.

My second train of thought is that since I was never a big CA fan, and hence never watched his first movie, I would be curious as to how the prioritization was handled in his introductory movie? B/c in TWS we were already formally introduced to Steve twice over (in his origin movie and Avengers), plus Natasha/Fury/Maria 2-3 times over. So a lot of the foundation was already built. But i don't know if this was easier to do b/c CA:TFA may have done a lot of the heavy lifting in establishing a personal connection between Steve and the audience.

Third train of thought is that (regardless of what CA:TFA did) since T'Challa's cast would be more intimately tied to his direct origin than the TWS cast was to Steve's, I think TWS route could still work as you suggested. I think it would also depend on if the first movie would have an underlining father-son, coming of age narrative centered on T'Challa dealing with T'Chaka's death, since T'Chaka is essentially his Uncle Ben or perhaps more accurately his Mufasa so to speak. As CW will probably have T'Challa do some bad ass things but the BP movie will probably be the first introspective look at T'Challa as a prince who became king. So it just kinda depends on what elements they want to focus on.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I have three trains of thoughts on this. One, I agree with your train of thought. CA:TWS was probably my favorite MCU movie at this point and i think they showed they could balance a big cast well... and I think Civil War will trump even that in scale and scope, while still keeping it focused on Steve Rogers. So i can see that same concept working for BP films.

My second train of thought is that since I was never a big CA fan, and hence never watched his first movie, I would be curious as to how the prioritization was handled in his introductory movie? B/c in TWS we were already formally introduced to Steve twice over (in his origin movie and Avengers), plus Natasha/Fury/Maria 2-3 times over. So a lot of the foundation was already built. But i don't know if this was easier to do b/c CA:TFA may have done a lot of the heavy lifting in establishing a personal connection between Steve and the audience.

Third train of thought is that (regardless of what CA:TFA did) since T'Challa's cast would be more intimately tied to his direct origin than the TWS cast was to Steve's, I think TWS route could still work as you suggested. I think it would also depend on if the first movie would have an underlining father-son, coming of age narrative centered on T'Challa dealing with T'Chaka's death, since T'Chaka is essentially his Uncle Ben or perhaps more accurately his Mufasa so to speak. As CW will probably have T'Challa do some bad ass things but the BP movie will probably be the first introspective look at T'Challa as a prince who became king. So it just kinda depends on what elements they want to focus on.

:jbhmm:That was a really good post. Very good points. Will give a full reply in a few hours. Hold this rep:obama:.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i wonder which hero/movie will be the one to end the reign

even the shytty films, just having a comic book character... are doing 400-500 million before they even get to dvd sales

but one is gonna come along, and people just gonna say, maaaaaaaaaaaaaan fukk outta here with THIS guy... and it'll be a wrap

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Im bummed Captain Marvel got pushed back. But Black Panther got pushed up so i can't be too mad.

As far as the feminist. They acting like Jessica Jones not one month away :dahell:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
i wonder which hero/movie will be the one to end the reign

even the shytty films, just having a comic book character... are doing 400-500 million before they even get to dvd sales

but one is gonna come along, and people just gonna say, maaaaaaaaaaaaaan fukk outta here with THIS guy... and it'll be a wrap
my guess is it will be a woman first, a big budget film led by gal gadot and Chris pine sounds shaky as fuk

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Didn't want to. Just like I don't feel the need to cop every comic book on Wednesdays I don't feel the need to see every comic book flick. If I'm interested in the character then I'll see it but if not I'll pass
I'm that nerd who is at every comic book movie on opening weekend and as "That Guy" I can honestly say that waiting to see Ant Man is no big loss.
It was a perfectly fine movie but not something that makes you go :gladbron: by any stretch of the imagination.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
who owns the rights to Excalibur?:ohhh:

edit
shyt do thet even still exist?:deadmanny:
Fox would have the rights to Excalibur since they are X-Men characters (even though I am not sure exactly where Capt. Britain falls; he might be like Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch and up for grabs).

That OG Excalibur book was great though.
RaMlFDX.jpg

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
chiwetel-ejiofor.jpg

Even though he's playing some amalgam version of baron mordo (shoulda kept that nikka white), I wanted Chiwetel Ejiofor for T'Challa. T'Challa is the same age group as Tony, Bruce, Reed, Steve, Pym, etc. in the comics. They're peers. In this it looks like they're making him like the Ultimate universe t'challa, but I hope not. But I think that's why they went for boseman, cause facially he can be a more convincing young t'challa for the purpose of telling the "ascending to the throne and avenging t'chaka" arc. Then they'll age him in subsequent flicks like steve and thor. I don't want Stark lookin at him like a lil nikka in no way shape or form... unless Iron Man 4 is one of the new flicks planned and they're recasting RDJ for a younger actor, which would explain them putting his Infinity war salary on front street, as a setup to make his replacement a better sell down the line...

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
chiwetel-ejiofor.jpg

Even though he's playing some amalgam version of baron mordo (shoulda kept that nikka white), I wanted Chiwetel Ejiofor for T'Challa. T'Challa is the same age group as Tony, Bruce, Reed, Steve, Pym, etc. in the comics. They're peers. In this it looks like they're making him like the Ultimate universe t'challa, but I hope not. But I think that's why they went for boseman, cause facially he can be a more convincing young t'challa for the purpose of telling the "ascending to the throne and avenging t'chaka" arc. Then they'll age him in subsequent flicks like steve and thor. I don't want Stark lookin at him like a lil nikka in no way shape or form... unless Iron Man 4 is one of the new flicks planned and they're recasting RDJ for a younger actor, which would explain them putting his Infinity war salary on front street, as a setup to make his replacement a better sell down the line...
I wanted him to be Dr. Strange.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
just realized - what if one of those 2020 releases was Marvel's placeholder spot for Fantastic 4? Maybe they're already working on the co-ownership deal with Fox :feedme:

Thought crossed my mind as well. I think Fox might have leaned their lesson with the last movie being an utter clusterfukk. They have never really understood the breadth of what they could do with the franchise. If Marvel gets hold of it, it unlocks a bunch more storylines.

If they trim some of the storyline fat from the books, a 'Secret Invasion' movie where we find out Skrulls have been among the MCU for years could be :ohhh:. It has similaities to the Hydra Infiltration, but could be an interesting counter balance to events like the Battle of NY and Sokovia.