Marvel just added 4 more movies, including an "Antman and Wasp" sequel

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'd be surprised if they put a big focus on Shuri in the first BP film but I see your point.

Doesn't even have to be a big focus. If it's even on some falcon shyt, or even war machine in iron man 2, that would be great.

In fact, if she gets the falcon treatment, I would be very very happy. Would be a good look and it still will be T'Challa's show.

Wakanda stays advanced...even on the diversity tip lol.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I didn't see it so I didn't see shyt :whoknows:

You did not see ant man?

Easily one of the best comic book movies ever made.
Best lol moment me and my daughter had all summer, too.

That train set scene,......

Art Barr

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You did not see ant man?

Easily one of the best comic book movies ever made.
Best lol moment me and my daughter had all summer, too.

That train set scene,......

Art Barr

I'm sure I'll see it eventually I'm just going out of my way. It'll probably be on Starz I'll catch it then

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
they can get away with it in the marvel flix other than Thor and hulk their good, battalion is the leader of the group though and has an ominous but overarching presence that towers over everybody. Look at suicide squad, all the movie magic and you got croc looking regular? Dumb as hell

The croc thing is just as dumb as that retarded sabre tooth in xmen i.
The same presence can be achieved like how sam jackson plays fury.
Then, again all wildstorm is image to dc, now.
So, I could see that being fukked up, rather easily.
Especially, since this would be a dc property

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm sure I'll see it eventually I'm just going out of my way. It'll probably be on Starz I'll catch it then

It is one of the best comic book movies of this marvel run.
I rank it after gog, actually.
Plus, it was better than Ironman any part and as good as the avengers.

Art Barr

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Art Barr

Well whenever I do see it, whenever the hell that may be lol, I'll let you know what I think breh. Appreciate the recommendation

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Well whenever I do see it, whenever the hell that may be lol, I'll let you know what I think breh. Appreciate the recommendation

You're, actually the last one.
who I thought would not see it.

It will be worth it when you check it out.

Art Barr

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're, actually the last one.
who I thought would not see it.

It will be worth it when you check it out.

Art Barr

I've never been an ant man fan and the only reason I wanted to see it to begin with was Edgar wright. Once he was out :coffee: so yeah the draw for me was gone I figured I'd just catch it when I catch it

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

Art Barr
I know it's starting to suffer from firs out of the gateitis but to say its better than ironman is one thing but just as good as avengers? That's too much. Just seeing all those characters on screen trumps what antman produced breh

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I sincerely believe the black panther movie will help balance shyt out a lot on that front. At the least, you got:

-Shuri
-T'Challa's love interest
-The Dora Milaje
-Ramonda.

The top three can do heroic feats. All of them can have an impact in the BP movie. And Shuri and T'Challa's love interest, depending on how they are written, can have an impact on the MCU at large as well.

I'm on the fence b/c i fully agree and understand the importance of this... but at the same time I don't want that syndrome of trying to throw too many things into a movie, trying to solve too many problems and make every character the remedy to a social ill that the movie starts to lose focus.

"A strong black love interest who can do heroic things without her man saving her"
"A strong black sista who doesn't need a man and can do heroic things all by her damn herself"
"A strong group of black women who work together as a strong black team to do heroic things all by themselves"

"Oh... and that T'Challa guy... i guess we'll have him save... somebody.. or do something heroic too.. whatever scraps are left for him n shyt. he's the main character right? :pachaha:"

I'm being a little facetious but seriously, I think all those things can and should come to pass in the BP franchise but i dont think it necessarily has to happen all at once. Like how Rhodey was in the first Iron Man and was a strong supporting character but he didn't actually take on War Machine until the sequel. Same with Van Dyne in Ant-Man. I can see that with Shuri and his love interest where they can have some strong showings of bravery or toughness to whatever extent... but i don't want the movie to lose sight of who the boss is, and whose gonna be saving the day and goin dolo on mfers like a boss.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As long as the BP movie takes in Wakanda for 90 to 95% of the time and Man-Ape makes an appearance, I'll be fine.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm on the fence b/c i fully agree and understand the importance of this... but at the same time I don't want that syndrome of trying to throw too many things into a movie, trying to solve too many problems and make every character the remedy to a social ill that the movie starts to lose focus.

"A strong black love interest who can do heroic things without her man saving her"
"A strong black sista who doesn't need a man and can do heroic things all by her damn herself"
"A strong group of black women who work together as a strong black team to do heroic things all by themselves"

"Oh... and that T'Challa guy... i guess we'll have him save... somebody.. or do something heroic too.. whatever scraps are left for him n shyt. he's the main character right? :pachaha:"

I'm being a little facetious but seriously, I think all those things can and should come to pass in the BP franchise but i dont think it necessarily has to happen all at once. Like how Rhodey was in the first Iron Man and was a strong supporting character but he didn't actually take on War Machine until the sequel. Same with Van Dyne in Ant-Man. I can see that with Shuri and his love interest where they can have some strong showings of bravery or toughness to whatever extent... but i don't want the movie to lose sight of who the boss is, and whose gonna be saving the day and goin dolo on mfers like a boss.

I agree, can't have too many things at once, and I usually keep that in mind when mentioning T'Challa's supporting cast. When it's all said and done, a great story / script will trump everything.

A great example of what I'm hoping for is something like Winter Soldier. The supporting cast got a great showing overall (some got more airtime than others) but in the end, it was still without a doubt Cap's show.

Same thing should apply with BP. In the end, it's still T'Challa's show. He's the lead without question and the key monarch of the film. The story should and will revolve around him

Last edited: