Marvel Exec : Nobody will notice we replaced Terrance Howard with Don, theyre both black.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
LOL, Bay's Casting Couch?

1397245979_michael-bay-megan-fox-lg.jpg

I think Marvel should reach back out to Terrence and put him in a different film. But I'm sure Terrence is even more Salty as the "Iron Man" Franchise exploded. But in closing MARVEL WAS FOUL. Terrence deserved a raise. but TERRENCE WAS WRONG for not thinking about his career long-term cause since "Iron Man" he really hasn't been in to many great films or performances.

Nah cause he's burned more of those bridges afterwards when he was doing promo for the best man holiday basically saying Robert didn't go to bat for him and he and Robert were supposed to be friends. I'm not mad at him for wanting his paper but I don't think he gets back into the fold.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
When it comes down to it as evidenced by the article, Marvel is a factory churning out films. Actors, writers, directors are just replaceable parts to them.

They replaced edgar wright with the director of that jim carrey movie yes man (how ironic) who hasnt made a film since 2008.

Its their way or the highway kinda shyt. Its obviously working but for how long is the question.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one's gonna tell the difference between 6'1" light-skinned Howard and 5'8" dark-skinned Cheadle. :troll:

real talk. white people can't tell the difference. you wont believe how many times cacs have said you look like so n so. and then they show me the pic and dude is don cheadles skin tone and i'm terrance howard light skin.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When it comes down to it as evidenced by the article, Marvel is a factory churning out films. Actors, writers, directors are just replaceable parts to them.

They replaced edgar wright with the director of that jim carrey movie yes man (how ironic) who hasnt made a film since 2008.

Its their way or the highway kinda shyt. Its obviously working but for how long is the question.

Yeah that's what I've been wondering. The funny thing about it is, they're GREAT with press and with fans so they get a pass for doing a lot of things other studios do. It's well known that a lot of their directors get locked out of the editing bay when it comes to the final product, and that they don't really allow a lot of creative freedom but the second Fox or Sony does that, nikkas are ready to come at them with pitchforks

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yeah that's what I've been wondering. The funny thing about it is, they're GREAT with press and with fans so they get a pass for doing a lot of things other studios do. It's well known that a lot of their directors get locked out of the editing bay when it comes to the final product, and that they don't really allow a lot of creative freedom but the second Fox or Sony does that, nikkas are ready to come at them with pitchforks
Whats even funnier is general consensus is Thor 1 and 2, cap 1 and iron man 2 &3 are considered to be mediocre to garbage in the fanbase.

Cap 2 iron man and avengers get universal love.

Thats 3 films out 8. Not exactly killing it.

The marvel film standom is a strange phenomenom that I just dont understand.

I dont think their movies or bad or anything but theyve all been pretty cookie cutter and nothing to warrant the praise their universe is given.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Him and Donald a Sterling are probably cool. Old Jewish white men stick together and run in the same circle especially in LA.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Whats even funnier is general consensus is Thor 1 and 2, cap 1 and iron man 2 &3 are considered to be mediocre to garbage in the fanbase.

Cap 2 iron man and avengers get universal love.

Thats 3 films out 8. Not exactly killing it.

The marvel film standom is a strange phenomenom that I just dont understand.

I dont think their movies or bad or anything but theyve all been pretty cookie cutter and nothing to warrant the praise their universe is given.

Define universal tho breh? Internet? I know more people IRL who love Iron Man 3, Cap 1 and both Thor flicks. And I love IM3 and like Cap 1..both Thor movies are meh to me, IM2 is all over the place and the incredible Hulk movie is meh too. The thing about their movies, while most of them are very "same" there is something for everyone so while you may not like iron man 3, I do..if you liked Thor 2 and I didn't, that's cool too...they're just like issues of comics where not everyone is going to like everything but there is something for everyone. I think the only way to truly gauge success of these movies is box office because everyone has opinions and they vary. IM3 is the 2nd most successful film of the bunch regardless of what people online think of it so that's gotta count for something and that's what they're success is gauged off of: pleasing fans (for the most part) while maintaining box office success

Mr.Forte

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area, Ca
Difference is those had directors coming at marvel with pitches and desires to handle those properties. Not to say panther doesn't we don't know that yet but Edgar wright came to marvel dying to do ant man and guardians has been in development since 09 and was on the fast track because the writer was a part of Marvel's old writer development program so they were anxious to crank out a script by one of the alumni regardless of appetite for the project. So the only reason I'd call racism is if they have similar situations with Panther and they're just ignoring the development entirely. But I also assume they're announcing his movie tomorrow

Wesley Snipes was the first major Hollywood actor to push for a comic book movie franchise with a black male lead when he announced his intentions to make a live-action movie based on the Marvel Comics character T'Challa, aka The Black Panther, back in June 1992. This was before he would turn Marvel's C-list character Blade into a major movie franchise and years before comic book movies became the hottest thing in Hollywood.

"We have a wide-open field for comic book characters on the big screen and we've yet to have a major black comic book hero on the screen. Especially the Black Panther, which is such a rich, interesting life. It's a dream come true to originate something that nobody's ever seen before."
-Wesley Snipes, August 1993

Development on The Black Panther continued throughout the '90s and into the early '00s, but due to the success of the Blade franchise, Snipes was no longer thought to be viable in the title role. As late as June 2006, Snipes was still actively working on bringing T'Challa to the big screen. Marvel President of Production Kevin Feige confirmed in February 2007 that The Black Panther was on Marvel Studios' slate of projects in development.

During the recent San Diego Comic-Con, I bumped into Wesley at the EW/SyFy party and asked him if he was still interested in starring as T'Challa in The Black Panther movie. Snipes said:

"I think they [the studio] think I'm too old now."

When I asked him if he would take the role if it was offered to him, he said:

"Only if they do it right. It would have to be big, epic...Wakanda, the whole deal."

Snipes showed that he's keeping abreast of what's happening with the character when I ased him if he was aware of The Black Panther animated series produced by Marvel and BET:

"Oh, yeah. Reggie Hudlin developed that."

Since so many involved with Marvel's current slate of films were present at the party, including Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Tom Hiddleston, Kat Dennings and Joss Whedon, I asked Snipes if he thought the Black Panther might show up in The Avengers and he left me with a very nebulous response:

"You never know."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=21696#QJxzzBBhHuUpbkuo.99

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
:scusthov: I dont want a BP movie to be made now cuz its sounds like they're going to half ass it. The best part of Thor was Asagard...If you told 10 years ago that the gay ass rainbow bridge would look cool on film, i would've laughed. Marvel made Thor look cooler than GL and they're telling us Wakanda is too difficult :rudy:. They wouldn't even have to start off with a BP film, give him Falcon treatment like in Winter Soldier only with more screen time. But
:mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

:sas2: Who's gonna die first fellas Rhody or Falcon?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Define universal tho breh? Internet? I know more people IRL who love Iron Man 3, Cap 1 and both Thor flicks. And I love IM3 and like Cap 1..both Thor movies are meh to me, IM2 is all over the place and the incredible Hulk movie is meh too. The thing about their movies, while most of them are very "same" there is something for everyone so while you may not like iron man 3, I do..if you liked Thor 2 and I didn't, that's cool too...they're just like issues of comics where not everyone is going to like everything but there is something for everyone. I think the only way to truly gauge success of these movies is box office because everyone has opinions and they vary. IM3 is the 2nd most successful film of the bunch regardless of what people online think of it so that's gotta count for something and that's what they're success is gauged off of: pleasing fans (for the most part) while maintaining box office success
Coli universe :shaq:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wesley Snipes was the first major Hollywood actor to push for a comic book movie franchise with a black male lead when he announced his intentions to make a live-action movie based on the Marvel Comics character T'Challa, aka The Black Panther, back in June 1992. This was before he would turn Marvel's C-list character Blade into a major movie franchise and years before comic book movies became the hottest thing in Hollywood.

"We have a wide-open field for comic book characters on the big screen and we've yet to have a major black comic book hero on the screen. Especially the Black Panther, which is such a rich, interesting life. It's a dream come true to originate something that nobody's ever seen before."
-Wesley Snipes, August 1993

Development on The Black Panther continued throughout the '90s and into the early '00s, but due to the success of the Blade franchise, Snipes was no longer thought to be viable in the title role. As late as June 2006, Snipes was still actively working on bringing T'Challa to the big screen. Marvel President of Production Kevin Feige confirmed in February 2007 that The Black Panther was on Marvel Studios' slate of projects in development.

During the recent San Diego Comic-Con, I bumped into Wesley at the EW/SyFy party and asked him if he was still interested in starring as T'Challa in The Black Panther movie. Snipes said:

"I think they [the studio] think I'm too old now."

When I asked him if he would take the role if it was offered to him, he said:

"Only if they do it right. It would have to be big, epic...Wakanda, the whole deal."

Snipes showed that he's keeping abreast of what's happening with the character when I ased him if he was aware of The Black Panther animated series produced by Marvel and BET:

"Oh, yeah. Reggie Hudlin developed that."

Since so many involved with Marvel's current slate of films were present at the party, including Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Tom Hiddleston, Kat Dennings and Joss Whedon, I asked Snipes if he thought the Black Panther might show up in The Avengers and he left me with a very nebulous response:

"You never know."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=21696#QJxzzBBhHuUpbkuo.99

:ld: Wesley doesn't have that pull anymore tho but that's a good look breh..cism it is:whew: