Marvel Comics Soft Reboot coming

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bout damn time :scust:

Wack ___ Civil War 2 which managed to be even worse than the first :hhh:

These feminists trying to push Carol Danvers :hhh:

Ending classic 616 for the sake of promoting the movies :stopitslime:

Gimme the classic Cosmic entities and OG Avengers where everyone is happy and working together. ____ all that fighting and fake moral dilemmas that can be solved in 5 minutes if the characters weren't written as idiots
:stopitslime:

Co-sign the bolded. That's one of the biggest things that turns me off of a lot of modern comics. With all due respect to the classic runs that are more recent (I hear fantastic things about Brubaker's Cap and Hickman Fantastic Four for example), a lot of this new stuff seems like Watchmen-lite to me.

Watchmen was cool, but not every comic/series needs to be that. I want to see the Marvel heroes working together to fight some actual bad guys and protect innocent people.The pointless superhero infighting and fake moral dilemmas are getting old.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I can't get with the tie ins man. seriously lol. and honestly the way they reboot these universes like clockwork now, it kinda makes me want to just cut comic buying out of my diet for a while. I'm spending money on stories that will mean nothing next year or the year after that
Readcomiconline.com
7htmonq_zpsaf84fhrb.png

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Co-sign the bolded. That's one of the biggest things that turns me off of a lot of modern comics. With all due respect to the classic runs that are more recent (I hear fantastic things about Brubaker's Cap and Hickman Fantastic Four for example), a lot of this new stuff seems like Watchmen-lite to me.

Watchmen was cool, but not every comic/series needs to be that. I want to see the Marvel heroes working together to fight some actual bad guys and protect innocent people.The pointless superhero infighting and fake moral dilemmas are getting old.

Definitely agree with this. The X-Men have been fighting literally everyone but bad guys for years now it seems. They fight themselves, they fight the Avengers, now they fight the Inhumans, shyt is awful. How hard is it to put the X-Men team back together and just have them do awesome X-Men shyt again?

Another problem with Marvel is that they have zero respect for continuity. DC keeps everything tight on a lease but Marvel lets their top guys write whatever the hell they want no matter how much it ignores or completely contradicts other stories. It's a fukking mess and then they wonder why they have to reboot everything every fukking year.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Definitely agree with this. The X-Men have been fighting literally everyone but bad guys for years now it seems. They fight themselves, they fight the Avengers, now they fight the Inhumans, shyt is awful. How hard is it to put the X-Men team back together and just have them do awesome X-Men shyt again?

Another problem with Marvel is that they have zero respect for continuity. DC keeps everything tight on a lease but Marvel lets their top guys write whatever the hell they want no matter how much it ignores or completely contradicts other stories. It's a fukking mess and then they wonder why they have to reboot everything every fukking year.
Meanwhile Mr. Sinister, Mojo, and the hellfire club in the back like :blessed:

x-force has been the only ones on a crusade as of late

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Female Thor has been selling alot though..we'll see.

It's really, really good breh. I know on the surface the premise sounds ridiculous. But of all the crazy character reboots Marvel has tried, Thor works best. Not even close.

In the main book, Jane just figured out the hammer's power comes from a living diety trapped inside it (thanks Odin), and that being "worthy" might have more to do with what the hammer thinks of you than your actions. Meanwhile, Odinson has zero fukks left to give, running around picking fights with trolls, bifrost giants and anyone dumb enough to cross his path. He also got kidnapped by the Collector, as they're both looking for another version of Mjolnir that arrived on earth from the Ultimate Universe.

I implore everyone to read Aaron's entire Thor run. That's as close to must-read as Marvel has been in years. Dude figured out a way to have Young Thor (no hammer), current Avengers Thor and Old Man Thor (one arm and the new Odin) fighting side by side. :wow: It's right up there with Remender's run on X-Force, imo.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
It's really, really good breh. I know on the surface the premise sounds ridiculous. But of all the crazy character reboots Marvel has tried, Thor works best. Not even close.

In the main book, Jane just figured out the hammer's power comes from a living diety trapped inside it (thanks Odin), and that being "worthy" might have more to do with what the hammer thinks of you than your actions. Meanwhile, Odinson has zero fukks left to give, running around picking fights with trolls, bifrost giants and anyone dumb enough to cross his path. He also got kidnapped by the Collector, as they're both looking for another version of Mjolnir that arrived on earth from the Ultimate Universe.

I implore everyone to read Aaron's entire Thor run. That's as close to must-read as Marvel has been in years. Dude figured out a way to have Young Thor (no hammer), current Avengers Thor and Old Man Thor (one arm and the new Odin) fighting side by side. :wow: It's right up there with Remender's run on X-Force, imo.

That run :wow:

I've read a couple of issues of Jason Aaron's Thor run here and there and they have been very good.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That run :wow:

I've read a couple of issues of Jason Aaron's Thor run here and there and they have been very good.

one of the best portrayals of wolverine in a team dynamic i've ever read. finally, someone understood that just because logan is ready for whatever doesnt mean he should be winning fights against elementals, god-level bad guys etc. lol. wolverine was getting fukking WORKED during x-force. but it was a testament to how ill he is he just kept getting up and asking for a rematch.

he was also the first person to show that under all the jokes and a$$hole tendencies, deadpool gave a fukk. wade never took a single check for his "mercenary" work with x-force.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
one of the best portrayals of wolverine in a team dynamic i've ever read. finally, someone understood that just because logan is ready for whatever doesnt mean he should be winning fights against elementals, god-level bad guys etc. lol. wolverine was getting fukking WORKED during x-force. but it was a testament to how ill he is he just kept getting up and asking for a rematch.

he was also the first person to show that under all the jokes and a$$hole tendencies, deadpool gave a fukk. wade never took a single check for his "mercenary" work with x-force.
Damn near everybody on the team had some dope characterization like Psylocke and even Fantomex the The Dark Angel Saga might be the best event I've read from Marvel in the five years and the Jerome Opena art. :wow:

I wish Remender had a chance to write a better ending to his run on Uncanny Avengers because the AXIS event fukked everything up but the Raganok arc and the way he tied-in the Uncanny X-force Dark Angel into that event was so dope. :banderas:

Daps
To be honest, there has been so much fukk shyt happening in Marvel Comics for the last several years. I wouldn't mind a hard reset similar to the New 52. They are constantly switching shyt up for the sake of switching shyt up. Kitty Thing and Venom joining Guardians of the Galaxy comes to mind too besides all the stuff you guys already mentioned. I would actually prefer a more grounded universe to be honest. Reed Richards unlimited smarts and Tony Stark unlimited funds and Dr. Strange unlimited magic can't be the answer to everything. (Even though they really scaled back on that recently).

- New York always getting destroyed.
- Someone is always going back / forth through time
- Teams keep fighting each other ie X-Men vs Inhumans
- It's like 5 Avenger teams.
- Alien invasion every other week.
- Deaths and Comebacks.

I can go on and on. I know it's a lot of history here but enough's enough.