Marvel Comics Soft Reboot coming

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I've been wanting Marvel to do a Crisis type of reboot for years. If you're going to do a reboot do a real reboot like DC did in the 1980s. It's a chance to write the wrongs Marvel has done for the last 15-20 years.

Bring back Cyclops and have him be the heroic field leader and not some quasi Magneto.

Bring back the real Wolverine

Bring back Professor X and have be the loving father figure/mentor that he was portrayed as before the late 90s/2000s.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've been wanting Marvel to do a Crisis type of reboot for years. If you're going to do a reboot do a real reboot like DC did in the 1980s. It's a chance to write the wrongs Marvel has done for the last 15-20 years.

Bring back Cyclops and have him be the heroic field leader and not some quasi Magneto.

Bring back Professor X and have be the loving father figure/mentor that he was portrayed as before the late 90s/2000s.

Ultimate u was there way of doing a full on reboot. And don't forget joey Q once said "we don't do crises" Obviously he's not the EIC anymore but when you've actively poked your competition for doing something it's hard for you to then do it. They do need a fresh start tho. Not saying everything needs to reset and be put back to normal because a lot of characters have become better and a lot of characters have gotten their due shine but I'd say the bread and butter of the characters should be reset. The funny thing is, they could've used one more day as the event to do all that

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Ultimate u was there way of doing a full on reboot. And don't forget joey Q once said "we don't do crises" Obviously he's not the EIC anymore but when you've actively poked your competition for doing something it's hard for you to then do it. They do need a fresh start tho. Not saying everything needs to reset and be put back to normal because a lot of characters have become better and a lot of characters have gotten their due shine but I'd say the bread and butter of the characters should be reset. The funny thing is, they could've used one more day as the event to do all that
I LOVED Ultimate comics when it first started but the stuff really fell off years before they cancelled the line. It was at a point that I was only reading Ultimates, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, etc instead of the 616 universe. It was a fresh take on characters that have been in existence for decades.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I LOVED Ultimate comics when it first started but the stuff really fell off years before they cancelled the line. It was at a point that I was only reading Ultimates, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, etc instead of the 616 universe. It was a fresh take on characters that have been in existence for decades.

I think the advent of the movies made them move a lot of those elements, which were initially ultimate u elements, into the 616 universe and at that point the ultimate line was moot

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
When I mention korea and manga (refering to japanese supporting it) and growing US attention to japanese manga and korean webcomics, I'm talking more about their industry. Having fixed story lines, not constantly resetting shyt, and in general authors and publishers showing respect for their fanbases
Gotta agree with that. I absolutely hate when there is major crossover events that not only aren't good, but they disrupt everyone's storylines. If a character you like takes a back seat in that arc they're in limbo for an indeterminate amount of time. They try to force you to buy other comics by having the character your following appear in other characters books. Then if you like the direction the story was going before an event, chances are once its over the author takes the characters story in another direction.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I think the advent of the movies made them move a lot of those elements, which were initially ultimate u elements, into the 616 universe and at that point the ultimate line was moot
Yup.

The amount of spidermen alone is an absolute joke. There should be the following in 616:

Parker
Miles
Ben Riley as the only clone ever, as scarlet spider for out of the box spiderman stories and you can kill him like :yeshrug:
Maybe 2099 because its a different guy in the future

fukk kaine, everyone else needs to get bushed or be on some ultimate/earth 2 shyt

The idea that every story ever told by marvel is a different universe, and that 616 charactors dont age because of like...the beyonder or something...is just so got damn convoluted.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yup.

The amount of spidermen alone is an absolute joke. There should be the following in 616:

Parker
Miles
Ben Riley as the only clone ever, as scarlet spider for out of the box spiderman stories and you can kill him like :yeshrug:
Maybe 2099 because its a different guy in the future

fukk kaine, everyone else needs to get bushed or be on some ultimate/earth 2 shyt

The idea that every story ever told by marvel is a different universe, and that 616 charactors dont age because of like...the beyonder or something...is just so got damn convoluted.

Even all the spider men has gotten peter away from anything resembling him lol. Every story now is some large life altering event where he needs to save the world. They told that lie 10 years ago about telling basic spider man stories and that dissolving the marriage would allow for that. Nope not at all. Renew your vows is the best spider man book on the market today because it's basic and simple. But even then what world is that? There are two peter Parker's now?

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not surprising since DC has successfully done a similar "back to our roots" reset and been outselling Marvel. I haven't read current Marvel in years, but I keep up with it on/off via Comics Explained YouTube. Looks and sounds extremely shytty.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
It's really, really good breh. I know on the surface the premise sounds ridiculous. But of all the crazy character reboots Marvel has tried, Thor works best. Not even close.

In the main book, Jane just figured out the hammer's power comes from a living diety trapped inside it (thanks Odin), and that being "worthy" might have more to do with what the hammer thinks of you than your actions. Meanwhile, Odinson has zero fukks left to give, running around picking fights with trolls, bifrost giants and anyone dumb enough to cross his path. He also got kidnapped by the Collector, as they're both looking for another version of Mjolnir that arrived on earth from the Ultimate Universe.

I implore everyone to read Aaron's entire Thor run. That's as close to must-read as Marvel has been in years. Dude figured out a way to have Young Thor (no hammer), current Avengers Thor and Old Man Thor (one arm and the new Odin) fighting side by side. :wow: It's right up there with Remender's run on X-Force, imo.
You're talking about the Godbutcher storyline?

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps

I agree with all this.

I'd also add that if/when they do the full reboot to please define the damn universe in a competent way. I don't mind certain characters and factions getting a push but you can't change galactus in such a boring way and only have a couple books reference it at all.

There needs to be a solid foundation and I don't think marvel had one after Hickman bounced... And you can absolutely tell that they have driven off any writers worth a damn besides two.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I say they revert back to after the age of apocalypse .. somehow this reboot is a black hole and they end up when legion (tie in with the show .. LOL) was about to kill Charles and somebody out the black hole stops him (maybe Hydra cap throws his shield and it knocks him out) and the hole closes ... and then bam .. we back in 1996 .... well . .we in 2017 but you get my point... HAHA

Last edited: