Marvel Comics Soft Reboot coming

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
And in another six months they will have another reboot and probably introduce a tranny wolverine.:picard:

They have been fukking stories up for the past 10 years a soft reboot ain't going to fix that.:camby:

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I already said that when Marvel started the "Marvel Now" launch that they were going to some serious extremes and doing too much to appeal to a PC crowd. Comics wise Marvel has been a mess for the last 2-3 yrs. I hope they get together 2 different Spider-Men, killing Bruce Banner, Hydra Captain America etc., enough is enough already.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Reboots are the reason i never fukked with dc cuz i was confused as to which stories are actually part of the characters arc.

I completely gave up on marvel wheb they started all the shyt they do today. New people i dont know taking the place of old characters, conbinjng universes, characters being replaced by older/younger versions of themselves.

Not everything needs to be referenced. Id prefer they just changed the tone of the books. For example when X-men becamw New X-men, it felt like the whole xmen team changed (and for the better imo). That was like a reboot in itself but went back to its old mediocre ways soon as morrison left tho continued by whedon in astonishing.

They do need to go back to the origibal characters tho. Banner needs to be hulk not some asian kid for demographics

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That godbutcher story was fukked up:sadcam:Young Thor:mjcry:I didn't completely understand what that entity was though :patrice:

Which one?

Gorr was just a regular, God-hating Joe who stumbled across one of the most powerful weapons in the universe and it corrupted him. The real villain was All-Black the Necrosword. It was made to kill gods, and feeds off the negative emotions of its user. It also gets stronger every time it kills a god.

Did u see when Old Galactus got the sword? He shed a little light on what it was (he said something like the first dawn was created when the sword sliced through the infinite darkness at the beginning of time). It also looks like Loki will stumble upon it soon, so more answers could be coming.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I already said that when Marvel started the "Marvel Now" launch that they were going to some serious extremes and doing too much to appeal to a PC crowd. Comics wise Marvel has been a mess for the last 2-3 yrs. I hope they get together 2 different Spider-Men, killing Bruce Banner, Hydra Captain America etc., enough is enough already.

theres 3 spider men running around now. soon to be 5. they just need to make their own team already, or spread them the fukk out

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It was idiotic to make the comics like the movies. The movies are for hardcores yes but it's mostly casuals. People who don't know shyt about the backstories. The hardcores are the ones buying the comics. Sure, they'd like the comics to expand but that will only ever happen with certain titles. They should have just kept the X-Men as the X-Men we all love and sorry but nobody gives a fukk about the Inhumans even most diehard fans

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be honest, there has been so much fukk shyt happening in Marvel Comics for the last several years. I wouldn't mind a hard reset similar to the New 52. They are constantly switching shyt up for the sake of switching shyt up. Kitty Thing and Venom joining Guardians of the Galaxy comes to mind too besides all the stuff you guys already mentioned. I would actually prefer a more grounded universe to be honest. Reed Richards unlimited smarts and Tony Stark unlimited funds and Dr. Strange unlimited magic can't be the answer to everything. (Even though they really scaled back on that recently).

- New York always getting destroyed.
- Someone is always going back / forth through time
- Teams keep fighting each other ie X-Men vs Inhumans
- It's like 5 Avenger teams.
- Alien invasion every other week.
- Deaths and Comebacks.

I can go on and on. I know it's a lot of history here but enough's enough.
Time stream is supposed to be fukked in marvel due to all the time travel . I liked venom in GOTG , anf kitty dating starlord

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Even all the spider men has gotten peter away from anything resembling him lol. Every story now is some large life altering event where he needs to save the world. They told that lie 10 years ago about telling basic spider man stories and that dissolving the marriage would allow for that. Nope not at all. Renew your vows is the best spider man book on the market today because it's basic and simple. But even then what world is that? There are two peter Parker's now?

But that's what they did initially though with the multi-man creative team. It wasn't until Slott took over the reigns solo that he slowly started to tell bigger Spider-Man stories again, and even then it wasn't a big deal until The Superior Spider-Man ended and he got event crazy.

Anyway, the craziest thing about this "soft" reboot is that they're currently still dealing with the fallout from Secret Wars in a bunch of books. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped half those angles again like it's nothing.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
At least Marvel does recap pages. I tried jumping back into DC and have no idea wtf is going on with everybody.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But that's what they did initially though with the multi-man creative team. It wasn't until Slott took over the reigns solo that he slowly started to tell bigger Spider-Man stories again, and even then it wasn't a big deal until The Superior Spider-Man ended and he got event crazy.

Anyway, the craziest thing about this "soft" reboot is that they're currently still dealing with the fallout from Secret Wars in a bunch of books. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped half those angles again like it's nothing.

That multi man creative team sucked tho

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Marvel needs to cut it out with these soft reboots every six months.:camby:

Half the time it's just an excuse to restart a book using the same writer/artist picking up exactly where the pre-reboot story left off for the sole purpose of giving it a minor boost in sales pretending it's a whole new beginning.

They put way too much emphasis on these shytty wannabe indy books. Just because Ms Marvel has been a success doesn't mean every female hero needs her own hipster-book written by a woman. Don't even get me started about them putting the World Of Wakanda book in the hands of some lesbian feminist who openly admitted to having never read a comic in her life on top of stating that she was going to use the book to push her own agenda.
I haven't picked WOW because I was disappointed with the current BP run but I won't pick it up if so SJW is writing it and pushing her agenda. :scust: