Martin Scorsese Says ‘Fight Back’ Against Comic Book Movie Culture by Supporting Directors Like Christopher Nolan: ‘We’ve Got to Save Cinema’

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So many sheep in this thread that are mad that they're being called sheep :mjlol:

I don't take people who watch superhero movies seriously. It's like grown men wearing pajamas. :bryan:
laughing-butters-stotch.gif

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
Super hero movies would be cool if they stop making the same shyt over. Hell I hate batman but I'd love to see a batman vs Predator. Something out of the realm. The comic book was great, a movie would be stupid.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk Martin Scorsese, just an old ass fukk yelling at clouds. It’s like, why the fukk isn’t there room for everything? It would be interesting to hear about ALL the things that Marty wants to gatekeep, I bet I wouldn’t be surprised by some of his “dislikes”….
Many filmmakers feel the way he does regardless of age. A lot of movies couldn't get made or got pushed to streaming services because studios and investors wanted to chase the superhero money train.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
:blessed:

Bring expensive studios on American neorealism back

Bring back A-list Hollywood stars acting as poor working class men

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sep 25, 2023 5:49am PT

Martin Scorsese Says ‘Fight Back’ Against Comic Book Movie Culture by Supporting Directors Like Christopher Nolan: ‘We’ve Got to Save Cinema’​

By William Earl

GettyImages-1433012981.jpg

Getty Images for FLC

In a sprawling new profile with GQ, director Martin Scorsesediscussed comic book and franchise culture, a topic which he has spoken out about at length in the past.

When asked about those blockbusters, Scorsese said that their omnipresence could be negative to audiences who aren’t well-versed in other types of film.

“The danger there is what it’s doing to our culture,” he said. “Because there are going to be generations now that think movies are only those — that’s what movies are.”

When the interviewer posited that audiences might already believe that, Scorsese agreed.

“They already think that,” he said. “Which means that we have to then fight back stronger. And it’s got to come from the grassroots level. It’s gotta come from the filmmakers themselves. And you’ll have, you know, the Safdie brothers, and you’ll have Chris Nolan, you know what I mean? And hit ’em from all sides. Hit ’em from all sides, and don’t give up. Let’s see what you got. Go out there and do it. Go reinvent. Don’t complain about it. But it’s true, because we’ve got to save cinema.”

The director also spoke about the streaming-era definition of content, as opposed to actual cinema.

“I do think that the manufactured content isn’t really cinema,” he said, adding, “It’s almost like AI making a film. And that doesn’t mean that you don’t have incredible directors and special effects people doing beautiful artwork. But what does it mean? What do these films, what will it give you? Aside from a kind of consummation of something and then eliminating it from your mind, your whole body, you know? So what is it giving you?”

Scorsese’s next film, “Killers of the Flower Moon,” will be released in theaters on Oct. 20.

Martin Scorsese Says ‘Fight Back’ Against Comic Book Movie Culture by Supporting Directors Like Christopher Nolan: ‘We’ve Got to Save Cinema’

We've got to save 8 tracks, laser disks and landlines :sadbron: