Martin Scorsese Says ‘Fight Back’ Against Comic Book Movie Culture by Supporting Directors Like Christopher Nolan: ‘We’ve Got to Save Cinema’

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
A lot of folks in here like "marvel sucks, haha, gay fags" talk about missing the point altogether, lol, it ain't about your anecdotal bullshyt, it's about this old ass elitist piece of shyt trying to create narratives, and make enemies that ain't there just to feel superior. It's some bullshyt

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Covid killed movies if we're being honest.....Barbie and Oppenheimer was a big thing strictly because social media made it a big deal....

Most people just wait for shyt to hit whatever streaming service a movie is gonna go to...like take for example I didn't have time to take my kids to see the latest Ninja Turtles movie, but I see that shyt is already streaming on Paramount+ and it just came out in theaters last month....

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's right in some regards.

You don't have any lasting memories of most these movies.

Hell,even the B level movies of yester year like tremors,critters,I come in peace,you still have lasting memories of moments from those old flicks.

These new movies are mostly wash rinse repeat.

He's not right in any regard.

Saying there's no "lasting memories" is nonsense that you can't even prove. You think all these movies that brought in $1 billion are just forgotten by the audience? The same "wash, rinse, repeat" cycle is true for most movie genres so why single out one. These are mostly summer blockbuster movies anyway so he has no point.

Scorsese is only mad because he couldn't get a 9 figure budget when he saw MCU and DCEU films getting that. He didn't want to turn to a streaming service but the times have changed and some movies are better off on the small screen. COVID changed things for minute and audiences weren't trying to hit the theaters unless it required a theater experience. Now things are getting back to normal and Barbie and Oppenheimer did numbers during the summer. There's no point in gatekeeping. People will choose what they want to pay for.

And anyone who's riding with him on this ask yourself how many black actors has Martin Scorsese cast? :mjpls:

Marvel has cast Sam, Cheadle, Terence Howard, Mackie, Luptia, Whitaker, MBJ...I could go on and on.

Scorsese, Woody Allen, and a lot of these old guard directors keep their movies and storylines lily white. There's a lot more to his anger than just not liking comic book movies.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
fukk Martin Scorsese, just an old ass fukk yelling at clouds. It’s like, why the fukk isn’t there room for everything? It would be interesting to hear about ALL the things that Marty wants to gatekeep, I bet I wouldn’t be surprised by some of his “dislikes”….

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Saying there's no "lasting memories" is nonsense that you can't even prove. You think all these movies that brought in $1 billion are just forgotten by the audience?

Yes:russ:

If you told me to recall the plot of Ant-Man or Age of Ultron at gunpoint I'd be dead.
And anyone who's riding with him on this ask yourself how many black actors has Martin Scorsese cast? :mjpls:

This is a shytty argument, if he doesn't want to cast Black people he shouldn't. I don't want a Black story from his pov anyways, it's like Black people in The Sopranos. Sometimes it's better if a white director just leaves it alone.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes:russ:

If you told me to recall the plot of Ant-Man or Age of Ultron at gunpoint I'd be dead.

This is a shytty argument, if he doesn't want to cast Black people he shouldn't. I don't want a Black story from his pov anyways, it's like Black people in The Sopranos. Sometimes it's better if a white director just leaves it alone.

You missed the point. He can cast who he wants but the problem is he's trying to gatekeep a genre that employs actors who would never get work from him.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
He's right in some regards.

You don't have any lasting memories of most these movies.

Hell,even the B level movies of yester year like tremors,critters,I come in peace,you still have lasting memories of moments from those old flicks.

These new movies are mostly wash rinse repeat.

Naw it's just you :old: nikkas who now have bad memories.

These movies are very much "in" and are well remembered with the gens after yours.