Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
How was it a hit?

It did like 26 mill streaming first week on Netflix.

"El Camino" did around the same (25 mill).

The major difference is, one had Scorsese, Pesci, Deniro, and Pacino.
The other....had Aaron Paul. :mjlol:

Breaking Bad ended up being one of the most popular shows on TV. it took a long time as you of all people know for Breaking Bad to catch on at AMC but it finally became a hit in it's last season..

Doesn't matter.. You know why because what's more important is that Breaking Bad became a big streaming hit... now the Breaking Bad ip is worth more than it ever was during it's first run on AMC.. to this day i have people asking me if i'm watching Breaking Bad.. i'm like brehette i saw it years ago...

so what you were tryna do here w/ the Aaron Paul comparison doesn't work. Breaking Bad is a hugely popular ip now..

Birdbox 1. became a meme and 2. stars Sandra Bullock who is one of the most successful actresses of the past 25 years. Everything she does is a hit especially with white women.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
that's not the sole definition of what a hit is. 365 Days got tons of streams on Netflix.. nobody is checking for it now and nobody will ever check for it again.

The irishman got bounce off the awards noms.. Everyone in the industry basically said it was a masterpiece. i wouldn't go that far but it was good and then it got a criterion release after.

That might not mean any significance on the surface.. what it means is it will end up being yet another Scorsese movie that will stand the test of time.

30 years from now people will still be watching The irishman. That means it's a hit.
The irishman was way overhyped and way underwhelming

It was so pretentious and full of itself

Pesci was the best part

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I do wish more people check for his movies. They are bloody good. But it is what it is

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
People still watching Taxi Driver 45 years later.

All of this Marvel shyt gon get bushed as soon as they reboot it in 8 years :mjlol:

Movies as disposable as plastic utensils

#FineChinaClick
giphy.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People still watching Taxi Driver 45 years later.

All of this Marvel shyt gon get bushed as soon as they reboot it in 8 years :mjlol:

Movies as disposable as plastic utensils

#FineChinaClick
giphy.gif

"The Irishman" is not "Taxi Driver" man. The movie was cool but you cats are bugging the fukk out placing it anywhere near the best of Scorsese's filmography. Let alone thinking it's a timeless classic.

And his movies being better than comic movies isn't even an argument. But it's a moot point. Like I said it would be like Ras Kass arguing he should get the same radio spins as Puff Daddy "because I'm doper."

Which ain't how things work. Son is on Netflix and Apple because most people aren't checking for him, regardless of how talented he is.

Fred.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
"The Irishman" is not "Taxi Driver" man. The movie was cool but you cats are bugging the fukk out placing it anywhere near the best of Scorsese's filmography. Let alone thinking it's a timeless classic.

And his movies being better than comic movies isn't even an argument. But it's a moot point. Like I said it would be like Ras Kass arguing he should get the same radio spins as Puff Daddy "because I'm doper."

Which ain't how things work. Son is on Netflix and Apple because most people aren't checking for him, regardless of how talented he is.

Fred.

I think people are still checking for him.
When Marty Scores says he's got a film dropping people pay attention.
Hell he got comicbook nerds in their feelings everytime he opens his mouth even when he's not directly talking about them.
Look at his latest comments being about how algorithms are dictating what people watch instead of folks falling into movies but all people wanna talk about is him shytting on amusement park ride kiddie movies.

And he's right about the algorithm thing, I logged onto my sister Netflix acct and hers has suggestions and movies that have never even scrolled on mine. I dont know they exist.

But comicbook nerds got in their feelings again and shifted the whole argument to why theyre butthurt.

giphy.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think people are still checking for him.
When Marty Scores says he's got a film dropping people pay attention.
Hell he got comicbook nerds in their feelings everytime he opens his mouth even when he's not directly talking about them.
Look at his latest comments being about how algorithms are dictating what people watch instead of folks falling into movies but all people wanna talk about is him shytting on amusement park ride kiddie movies.

And he's right about the algorithm thing, I logged onto my sister Netflix acct and hers has suggestions and movies that have never even scrolled on mine. I dont know they exist.

But comicbook nerds got in their feelings again and shifted the whole argument to why theyre butthurt.

giphy.gif

Of course people pay attention, he's a legend.

But like I said, he ain't had a hit since like 2012 and he's struggled to get his last two movies funded because he was way over budget.

So yes, he's still "that guy" in the sense you're talking about. But he's not "that guy" in any meaningful way that would translate to a studio giving him carte blache support.

And :manny: he doesn't seem to realize that. Which is how this whole thing started. If he was on target with the budget for "The Irishman" this thread doesn't exist.

Fred.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Marty can say whatever the fukk he wants.

Taxi Driver is one of the greatest films ever directed.

Marvel movies suck. Basically killed Hollywood because it’s basically the only shyt studios want to push and release. Big blockbuster super hero movies one after the motherfukkin ‘nother.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Marvel movies suck. Basically killed Hollywood because it’s basically the only shyt studios want to push and release. Big blockbuster super hero movies one after the motherfukkin ‘nother.

and 95% of em are dope :banderas:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

It is called the movie BUSINESS. lol