Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
We talking about this old nikka shouting at the clouds again?

The only time I hear about this nikka is when he is slandering successful franchises, he should go home and be a family man, he’s looking flabby out here

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We talking about this old nikka shouting at the clouds again?

The only time I hear about this nikka is when he is slandering successful franchises, he should go home and be a family man, he’s looking flabby out here

This ain't even about that. This is about the industry devaluing art by using soulless algorithms

Daps
I don’t understand why people having more movies available to watch pisses him off so much. Over saturation might be an issue, but it’s fukking great that there are so many weird niche movies and series that wouldn’t exist without the overflow of content.

The high brow art films are great, but not everyone wants to watch that. And even if we remove options, they’re still not going to watch it. Or they’re not going to watch it and enjoy it.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Scorsese should direct a comic book movie and show them how it should be done. I guarantee it would be the greatest comic movie ever made.

He was supposed to be the producer of that trash ass Joker movie but backed off it it because he just couldn't reconcile with the fact that it was a comic book character.

:mjcry:

fukk him.

Yah yah he's Martin blah blah blah. Michael Jordan is the GOAT at his craft and Bill Cartwright still told him he'd break his fukking legs for trying to lord over him.

Spike Lee wants to do a Marvel movie, I'm all for it.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Scorsese should direct a comic book movie and show them how it should be done. I guarantee it would be the greatest comic movie ever made.

shyt would be cheeks. Nothing wrong with that. I doubt Scorsese even thinks comics are a viable source of art or literature. Again nothing wrong with that, but he's not the guy I'd want to see make a comic book film.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This ain't even about that. This is about the industry devaluing art by using soulless algorithms
This has always been the case. The industry has always catered to what the people want whether it it’s the 80s or 90s mindless action flicks. The only thing that’s changed is the demand (or lack thereof) for his films, hence the not so subtle shade from grand pop.

sunny80

All Star
Daps
He was supposed to be the producer of that trash ass Joker movie but backed off it it because he just couldn't reconcile with the fact that it was a comic book character.

fukk him.

Yah yah he's Martin blah blah blah. Michael Jordan is the GOAT at his craft and Bill Cartwright still told him he'd break his fukking legs for trying to lord over him.

:wow:

I can only imagine how great Joker would have been if Scorsese was directing. I like Spike but his take on Oldboy was meh. I'm still rooting for him tho.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

fukk him.

:mjlol: Spike Lee. Dolly Shot: Of Thanos looking crestfallen while strolling through Planet Titan.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
:mjlol: Spike Lee. Dolly Shot: Of Thanos looking crestfallen while strolling through Planet Titan.

:russ:

He's getting ready to do Prince of cats so we'll see how well he can adapt comic material soon enough. I feel like his angle into the MCU has to be through Hip Hop which I feel should have a significant presence the MCU.

Like maybe it doesn't have to be Luke Cage (or a black character at all for that matter) but for the flaws in the show, which I enjoyed it was very Hip Hop. I feel like Spike could take that vibe and subject matter and make it really really COOL given the space to do so.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
:russ:

He's getting ready to do Prince of cats so we'll see how well he can adapt comic material soon enough. I feel like his angle into the MCU has to be through Hip Hop which I feel should have a significant presence the MCU.

Like maybe it doesn't have to be Luke Cage (or a black character at all for that matter) but for the flaws in the show, which I enjoyed it was very Hip Hop. I feel like Spike could take that vibe and subject matter and make it really really COOL given the space to do so.

Interesting, I enjoyed Luke Cage. I think the marvel formula failed it, shyt didn't need as many ep's as it did per season. But yeah joking aside, I could see Spike Lee helming an episode of Luke Cage, hell maybe even Captain America and The Winter Soldier, Spike Lee isn't a scrub at ALL. But naw, I can't see him being the director of an entire Marvel(Superhero) film. That's just not his type of shyt.