Newsflash: Everyone who has heard of McDonald's eats McDonald's. :mjlol:

To quote your favorite blackface playing superhero
tenor.gif

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That’s the problem when fans actually don’t know much about the art of filmography but watch a lot of films no less.

like, you couldn’t explain rack focus to most people in this thread. And, if they did know even a little bit about how rack focus is applied in cinema and films, that’d open a whole other discussion about EFFECTIVELY using the shot technique to convey a thought.

that’s why I can say Marty’s got a point given how he develops his movies. Marvel’s objective is wasn’t to make spectacular pieces of cinematography, mostly just tell a story that had already been established for years prior...

Marvel did good, but not in the manner people think...
If you have to know how to make a movie to enjoy a movie by definition it isn't made for mass consumption. So the difference is what the audience knows not what the film maker did. Is that the difference between cinema and a movie it has shyt in it only someone who does more than watches movies but studies them knows is in it?

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
to be honest i stopped watching marvel movies. they dont feel like real movies, just stepping stones to something bigger. this is the consequence of putting a universal event and the goal of reaching $1B per movie above all else. i still think the first 2 blade movies are better than most of the MCU era movies because they had something they wanted to do within those movies and not years down the line. the 3rd movie wanted to set up spin offs and that is when blade went off the rails.

i assume this is what he is getting at. every time you make a movie, that one movie should have its own reasons to exist. if your movie is just a "vehicle" for something else, you cheapen the movie. if marvel took that a little more seriously, i think fewer old heads would complain.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yes but weigh that against Marty and his productions and you fail again...
I'm not comparing Marty movies to Marvel movies. I'm saying his assertions about Marvel movies aren't accurate, they convey emotions between characters and the audience and are also cinema. Again, it always falls to the subjective 'which is better' which changes depending who you ask. Let's get to the objective differences if they exist. :francis:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
If you have to know how to make a movie to enjoy a movie by definition it isn't made for mass consumption. So the difference is what the audience knows not what the film maker did. Is that the difference between cinema and a movie it has shyt in it only someone who does more than watches movies but studies them knows is in it?

You dont have to know all those things to enjoy a movie, but what really makes a piece a cinema actual art and classic is one that uses those techniques EFFECTIVELY to tell the story

Marvel stories don’t use those element effectively and rely on other elements (some of which have nothing to do with the film directly) to appeal, yet they add nothing to the cinematic experience.

One of the biggest crutches is the special effects, imho. But that’s been Hollywood’s issue for years

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I'm not comparing Marty movies to Marvel movies. I'm saying his assertions about Marvel movies aren't accurate, they convey emotions between characters and the audience and are also cinema. Again, it always falls to the subjective 'which is better' which changes depending who you ask. Let's get to the objective differences if they exist. :francis:
I’m saying if you say “this Oscar winning director” as a defense for marvel movies, I’m just gonna deflect to the other multi award winner Oscar director’s advice...

you can’t bring up one thing and then be upset because I shot it down with someone more accomplished...

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You dont have to know all those things to enjoy a movie, but what really makes a piece a cinema actual art and classic is one that uses those techniques EFFECTIVELY to tell the story

Marvel stories don’t use those element effectively and rely on other elements (some of which have nothing to do with the film directly) to appeal, yet they add nothing to the cinematic experience.

One of the biggest crutches is the special effects, imho. But that’s been Hollywood’s issue for years
EFFECTIVELY in your post is subjective. What is the outcome we are looking for to objectively say something ina movie is effective? People crying? More academic papers written about it? What?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps

Also, stop claiming everyone in here is being subjective, you haven’t offered 1 piece of objective information to support YOUR belief about marvel films

the burden of proof isn’t on us, Marty spoke, y’all got beef with him...

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
EFFECTIVELY in your post is subjective. What is the outcome we are looking for to objectively say something ina movie is effective? People crying? More academic papers written about it? What?
There’s a reason why they make classes examining shot styles and cinematography of people like Marty...

but if you wanna keep on pretending there’s no skill in what he does and that it’s all a matter of opinion...