Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I mean most marvel movies are objectively not as impressive or refined as the type of films he would describe as cinema. Bland dialogue, unoriginal writing, boring character development. But they are fun to watch and most people would probably prefer a marvel film over a cinematic film any day of the week. I wouldnt though.
All of that is subjective. There is no difference. If you like one film better than another because of these fine. But both are cinema.
This reminds me of the underground rap nerds talking about 'real hip hop'. I fell for that shyt for a long time. But really it is all real from Puffy , Marky Mark and Will Smith to MF Doom, Juggaknots and Freestyle Fellowship. It's all Hip Hop but more people like one over the other. It's really just a trick to elevate something that's not that popular. People just have a hard time dealing with the fact that what they like isn't popular so they come up with shyt like this.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It isn’t the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being.”
They keep bringing characters back.... when thanos snapped his fingers and all those characters died, everybody knew that they were gonna be brought back.
So they didnt feel shyt... I see these movies as fireworks tbh
Everyone didn't come back. Heimdall I miss you. :mjcry:
And I and many cried during End Game so like I said what he says just isn't true.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Nah, it's gotta be cacs running around in tights, flying in the air to be considered great

Look at the state of you nikkas :mjlol:

"Cacs running around wearing tights" nikka cut ya weak ass shaming tactics.

Don't get me wrong, Shutter Island is probably my favorite scorsese movie and top 10 in general. But marvel movies have more replay value and are generally more entertaining.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
People heard of them that means they bought comics, watched cartoons and live action TV Shows about them? No, a lot of people don't eat McDonald's but they definitely heard of it and is part of the 'lexicon in American culture'. Being familiar does not equal consumption.
I saw Lion King earlier this year at night and the audience was overwhelmingly adults. They are a huge part of the target market. Multiple quadrant film making.
See no answer, because there is no difference. 'Fine Art' is just a sheen people put on things they like that aren't that popular. lol I guess that's your last reply to me? :mjgrin:

Bruh.....bruh....:dead:

This probably will be my last post to you cause you just said a lot of people dont eat mcdonalds....:dead:

Imma go watch this high cinema Fast and Furious 8 movie and leave you alone.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
"Cacs running around wearing tights" nikka cut ya weak ass shaming tactics.

Don't get me wrong, Shutter Island is probably my favorite scorsese movie and top 10 in general. But marvel movies have more replay value and are generally more entertaining.
If you're ashamed at the truth, you need to get your life in order :mjgrin:

Also,

Shutter Island is probably my favorite scorsese movie and top 10 in general.

full

But marvel movies have more replay value and are generally more entertaining.

full

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It isn’t subjective; the camera work all the way down to elements of cinematography shot style, narration within the film, film scoring to match the tone and mood of the action in the film. There are more elements than that but you could talk all day abojt just those...

just because you don’t know what makes good cinema doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist
Black Panther was shot by an Oscar winning cinematographer. She dumbed it down because it was a blockbuster? I don't think so, and she would say the same.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Just a bitter old man yelling at the sky.
Movies are entertainment, when they made the first silent pictures and first talkies, it was about entertainment.
Superhero movies entertain and they aren't any less valued in this medium as any other shyt.

Martin can't make movies the masses want to see, so he attempts to attack the masses and those who make movies that can reach everyone, to justify his own value.
That is the issue with entertainers of all medium, then need audience validation and they hate that, because they want to believe in the lie that they do this for their own enjoyment, which is bullshyt. They do this because they want eyes on them, they want praise, they want/need public validation.
When you come back, I thought you got the permaban:whoo:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
That’s the problem when fans actually don’t know much about the art of filmography but watch a lot of films no less.

like, you couldn’t explain rack focus to most people in this thread. And, if they did know even a little bit about how rack focus is applied in cinema and films, that’d open a whole other discussion about EFFECTIVELY using the shot technique to convey a thought.

that’s why I can say Marty’s got a point given how he develops his movies. Marvel’s objective is wasn’t to make spectacular pieces of cinematography, mostly just tell a story that had already been established for years prior...

Marvel did good, but not in the manner people think...