Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
And predictably, Marvel stans proceeded to get mad. Do you mean the reasonable, adult response where dude felt it necessary to disparage a film winning best picture, an Al Pacino Oscar, and a Denzel Washington Oscar? The very picture of maturity right chea:wow:Dude literally says Marvel and movies with heavy FX is the reason Scorcese can even get a studio to give him $100 million budget to make movies that won't make much. Then he admitted he was annoyed in his very next post:mjlol:Not that any of that matters because, again, nobody was using Scorcese's remarks as validation for whatever non-Marvel cbm's they prefer.
So on a message board (the Coli no less) who is off limits?

Y’all are defending that man like he’s your daddy acting like he ain’t human and doesn’t get bitter like everybody else

y’all can’t talk about marvel “stans” when y’all are stanning even harder for this man. Only difference is the marvel stans are bullshytting 90% of the time but y’all legit taking shyt to heart about this nikka

Last edited:
Daps
And predictably, Marvel stans proceeded to get mad. Do you mean the reasonable, adult response where dude felt it necessary to disparage a film winning best picture, an Al Pacino Oscar, and a Denzel Washington Oscar? The very picture of maturity right chea:wow:Dude literally says Marvel and movies with heavy FX is the reason Scorcese can even get a studio to give him $100 million budget to make movies that won't make much. Then he admitted he was annoyed in his very next post:mjlol:Not that any of that matters because, again, nobody was using Scorcese's remarks as validation for whatever non-Marvel cbm's they prefer.

Do you honestly think Crash deserved the best picture Oscar in 2006?

Do you think Pacino should have got the Oscar in 1993 for scent of a woman over Denzel in Malcolm X?

Of all of Denzel’s leading roles, he doesn’t get one for playing a Civil Rights Icon or a framed boxer. He gets one for playing a crooked cop.

My overall point was that awards aren’t the be all end all. And often times make questionable decisions.

And I will stand by my statement that the FX heavy movies are the reasons studios can fund their cinema/ high art stuff. That’s nothing new. In the 90s, a studio would rely on the grosses from an Arnold, Tom Cruise, or Will Smith film to keep the profits up. Making movies is expensive, and the artistic stuff generally doesn’t sell well enough to justify $100 million+ budgets.

I’ve also gone out of my way in pretty much every post to say that Scorsese is an artist and great director. But be that as it may, he’s not putting butts in seats.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Some of yall need to realize when you're being trolled :pachaha:
Uhhh this post is ironic as fukk lol. It's literally only marvel cats who were and continue to be upset by this thread. :mjlol:

You yourself ran in here to say marty is just a guy. If he was just a guy this thread would have never been made and still be going 10 days later and it is still going because a few people not you but the regular marvel cats still angry about their precious comic book movies being talked down :manny:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Uhhh this post is ironic as fukk lol. It's literally only marvel
But MARVEL cats aint upset tho BREHTTO!
:mjlol:

And why are you ALWAYS in any MARVEL related thread??
Is the word MARVEL like the bat signal for you?

This smiley tho...

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Lemme chill.
Buddy might really be retarded.
He really be in all the MARVEL threads posting

... :mjlol:

Wow.

:sadbagmj:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
mid-cu sheep STILL hurt. that hoe, bytch-zoo been typing in fury non stop, alongside the Spiderman Sony divorce, that nikka been capin like a red light whore on her last $1 tryna make it stretch till the next lick..

nikka a bytch LOL.

get tight over Credible filmmakers opinions :mjlol:

defend that assembly line trash brehhs looooooooooooooooool

JOKER now in theatres :wow:

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
But MARVEL cats aint upset tho BREHTTO!

And why are you ALWAYS in any MARVEL related thread??
Is the word MARVEL like the bat signal for you?

This smiley tho...

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Brehetto smiling somewhere like a proud dad watching his only son that made it.
Granted this guy (who I assume you talking about since I have him on ignore :mjlol:) is definitely the great value version

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Brehetto smiling somewhere like a proud dad watching his only son that made it.
Granted this guy (who I assume you talking about since I have him on ignore :mjlol:) is definitely the great value version
He definitely got like 3 different accounts dapping himself up.
:deadmanny:

Buddy stay in these threads with the :mjlol:
Smiley.

shyt is mad disturbing.

:deadmanny: