Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If only critical acclaim directly translated to money at the box office. But it doesn’t, so it won’t see a wide release and most of its views will come from people who fall asleep watching it on Netflix. But it’s cinema, I’m sure this will convince a studio to give him $200 million for his next movie.

bro this guy such a hater :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:so basically every film should be a blockbuster.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Kevin smith is a joke

I don't have a stake in the argument, as I've already stated. I just find it interesting how people from both vantages flock to whoever fills their niche ( :DapperPause: ).

Taika Waititi & Samuel L Jackson also disagreed but they're being swept under the rug off the strength of people's partiality. You can't label them nobodies.

It's all substantively subjective, an opinion/critique, but we've got like 10 pages of nikkas deep in their feelings. I don't get it.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Dudes in here really in their feelings over comic book movies:picard:
No.

your man was in his feelings!

g2dQcRJ.png

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
the “Stan shyt” started literally with the last sentence of the first post. And was continued when a reasonable, adult response follow up that was dapped by 30+ people was followed up with “big mad or little mad”
And predictably, Marvel stans proceeded to get mad. Do you mean the reasonable, adult response where dude felt it necessary to disparage a film winning best picture, an Al Pacino Oscar, and a Denzel Washington Oscar? The very picture of maturity right chea:wow:Dude literally says Marvel and movies with heavy FX is the reason Scorcese can even get a studio to give him $100 million budget to make movies that won't make much. Then he admitted he was annoyed in his very next post:mjlol:Not that any of that matters because, again, nobody was using Scorcese's remarks as validation for whatever non-Marvel cbm's they prefer.