Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

Daps
Seems like people are feeling Scorsese's newest movie
1-week old wounds are about to be re-opened for the stans :mjlit:

If only critical acclaim directly translated to money at the box office. But it doesn’t, so it won’t see a wide release and most of its views will come from people who fall asleep watching it on Netflix. But it’s cinema, I’m sure this will convince a studio to give him $200 million for his next movie.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Seems like people are feeling Scorsese's newest movie
1-week old wounds are about to be re-opened for the stans :mjlit:

that doesn’t mean he doesn’t feel some type of way about his movie being interrupted by “are you still watching” prompts because nobody wants to put it in theaters. Y’all really act like the man ain’t human and is emotionless :dead:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so marty is on a press run for his new movie and needs the heat? smart man. i mean i doubt anyone would care if he wasnt on his fukk marvel steez, but it does make him look like hes yelling at clouds

He was asked about if he seen the Marvel movies, and he gave his honest opinion. He didn't just come out of the blue.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This?:

That's people treating Scorcese's opinion as some sort of validation of their preferred comic book movies?:mjtf: Breh, you came in here and called the replies disingenuous because Scorcese most likely means all comic book movies in general when before that it was just a bunch of people laughing at Marvel stans for being in their feelings or disagreeing with Scorcese. The guy you were "arguing" with said he doubts Scorcese even has watched the movies you listed except for maybe a couple. How is that people thinking Scorcese just means Marvel? Instead of merely agreeing or disagreeing with Scorcese's point, you felt it necessary to call out non-existent people acting like Scorcese wasn't including non-Marvel films. So again, who are these people, before your first post, who claimed he was just talking about Marvel? Who even cared to make the distinction?

I could at least see if you posted that after dude said this:

But you were already fighting ghosts by the time dude said that, fam:mjlol:

Breh there is no way you can be this naive. Or maybe you don't post in this section enough to know what goes on as far as this comic shyt.

There was a few people earlier in the thread, cracking jokes and talking about "LOL MARVEL LOST" and/or :manny: "he's a legend, what can you do?" that wouldn't be so open minded/indifferent if he specifically said their comic movie/brand of choice. I told cats he probably meant all comic movies.

Few pages later....cats are like :jbhmm: "he probably doesn't mean (insert their favorite comic movie here)".

Few pages after that....Scorsese does another interview where he clarifies he means "Marvel type movies", IE he's using the term "Marvel movies" generically for comic movies in general.

Various sites quoting him even used damn near the same analogy as I did, but it was Kleenex instead of Nintendo:

Cinemas 'Shouldn't Be Invaded' By Marvel Movies: Martin Scorsese Fuels MCU Feud

Here's what the director previously said about Marvel movies -- or "Marvel type" movies, since "Marvel" is becoming shorthand for superhero movies, like "Kleenex" is for all tissue brands.

So....yeah. It's not "fighting ghosts" when the thread and what he actually meant unfolded exactly how I said it would.

Fred.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Breh there is no way you can be this naive. Or maybe you don't post in this section enough to know what goes on as far as this comic shyt.

There was a few people earlier in the thread, cracking jokes and talking about "LOL MARVEL LOST" and/or :manny: "he's a legend, what can you do?" that wouldn't be so open minded/indifferent if he specifically said their comic movie/brand of choice. I told cats he probably meant all comic movies.

Few pages later....cats are like :jbhmm: "he probably doesn't mean (insert their favorite comic movie here)".

Few pages after that....Scorsese does another interview where he clarifies he means "Marvel type movies", IE he's using the term "Marvel movies" generically for comic movies in general.

Various sites quoting him even used damn near the same analogy as I did, but it was Kleenex instead of Nintendo:

Cinemas 'Shouldn't Be Invaded' By Marvel Movies: Martin Scorsese Fuels MCU Feud

So....yeah. It's not "fighting ghosts" when the thread and what he actually meant unfolded exactly how I said it would.

Fred.
You specifically said the thread would be 100x better if people weren't being disingenuous. That infers people were being disingenuous in the first place. Now you're saying the thread unfolded how you said it would. But I'm naive for pointing out that's not what was happening when you posted?:skip:I literally said cats were clowning Marvel stans or disagreeing with what Scorcese said in my first response to you. Marvel stans were the ones being furious, thus they were the ones getting clowned for their fury and for calling a legendary director "some guy" in the midst of their fury.

I just searched the term "Marvel lost" in this thread. The first instance of it being used is your post that I'm quoting:skip:
Super mad :loldenzel2:

Comic brehs trying to discredit a man with multiple certified classics to his name :heh:

Dudes In here discrediting Scorsese for superhero movies ya cinema is done

I agree with him. All those superhero films are corny to me. Id rather watch some real cinema :wow:
That's just a couple of posts from the first page. Sure sounds like people shytting on all comic book movies to me.

I'm well versed on the stan shyt that goes on in this section. I'm also aware that there are posters who enjoyed this thoroughly because Marvel was the company Scorcese named. Despite that, nobody claimed a win for their company of choice or claimed validation for their preferred franchise before you came in here and claimed the thread would be better if they weren't doing that. Predictably, the usual suspects used your post to start some stan shyt:francis:So if the thread unfolded how you thought it would, it's probably because you brought that energy here in the first place.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Predictably, the usual suspects used your post to start some stan shyt:francis:So if the thread unfolded how you thought it would, it's probably because you brought that energy here in the first place.

the “Stan shyt” started literally with the last sentence of the first post. And was continued when a reasonable, adult response follow up that was dapped by 30+ people was followed up with “big mad or little mad”

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
so marty is on a press run for his new movie and needs the heat? smart man. i mean i doubt anyone would care if he wasnt on his fukk marvel steez, but it does make him look like hes yelling at clouds

Marty needs it and so does Netflix.

This is Netflix on it's last leg, trying to make a move to secure their future once Disney + and other streaming platforms pop off. Any ads for them have been banned across any and all Disney related platforms outside of ESPN. So on top of making a push for it's first Oscar, they are using the press from mentioning Marvel as a way to inject some life into their platform.

“While we’ve been competing with many people in the last decade, it’s a whole new world starting in November,”
Netflix Stock Falls After CEO Nods To “Whole New World” Of Streaming Competition – Deadline

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
the “Stan shyt” started literally with the last sentence of the first post. And was continued when a reasonable, adult response follow up that was dapped by 30+ people was followed up with “big mad or little mad”
These sophisticated movies and their sophisticated audience.

:sadbagmj:

:mjlol: