Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
But these were ensemble movies right? Yes they a-lister wasn't the main attraction as well. What I'm saying is that just the way everything has been subsumed by marvel, the actors that work in these project will finder it harder to separate themselves from the characters they play and thus make a name for themselves. Just one example of what Martin is talking about. If everything is the same, what is the uniqueness?
images

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The thread ended with that robert downey jr clip. "i mean it plays in theaters". LOL.

The man gave a couple quotes that had all of social media in a frenzy and ninjas saying “he’s just some guy” “his opinion ain’t worth more than yours or mine”:dead:

Ninjas are hurt. It’s alright. Y’all sound like when people were calling Chapelle irrelevant because they didn’t like him going at certain groups in his last special.:heh:
you literally left with insulting people because you're argument got blown out the water. :mjlol: you're whole argument was that Scorsese has a long resume so whatever he says is correct. :pachaha:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
What fans do you want to watch your movies? If you want a large audience then you have to compromise your art, dont put anything offensive in, and don't put in anything too complex that some people won't understand.

These films are money machines, completely artless. There are some exceptions, but they are just exceptions.

Hey, capitalism.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Scorsese is one of the greatest directors of all time. I respect his opinion when it comes to this.

I mean who even gives a shyt who directed Aquaman or Captain Marvel, it could have been anyone.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just gonna keep it simple and say fukk Martin Scorsese with his pretentious bytch ass.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You really expect a 76 year old man into old movies and shyt to be into some comic book shyt? Get real.
I don't give a fukk how old he is, he's still a pretentious old bytch that should have kept his mouth closed.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
While I would classify the Marvel movies as cinema and disagree with him on that, I get his overall point. They are some design by committee shyt, which takes away an important element of great cinema - they are supposed to have a human perspective of someone who has something to say (just like all art) and be about the human experience. But if you are taking away that human point of view, shyt becomes like a theme park ride designed by some corporation boardroom. Momentarily thrilling, sure, but it won't make you feel like true great movies and art do.

Last edited:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
So whats his old ass worried about them shyts for??
:skip:

While I would classify the Marvel movies as cinema and disagree with him on that, I get his overall point. They are some design by committee shyt, which takes away an important element of great cinema - they are supposed to have a human perspective of someone who has something to say (just like all art) and be about the human experience. But if you are taking away that human point of view, shyt becomes like a theme park ride designed by by some corporation boardroom. Momentarily thrilling, sure, but it won't make you feel like true great movies and art do.