Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just MCU?

1. 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'
2. 'Avengers: Infinity War'
3. 'Black Panther'

Honorable mentions to 'Iron Man', 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' and 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Honestly I thought Black Panther was disappointing. I've been waiting on a BP movie since Wesley Snipes originally expressed interest in making it.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
martin-ishiro-3.jpg

Ishirō Honda: "Okay, okay, alright! I'll let you write the forward to my upcoming biography, but don't you be calling my Godzilla movies "theme park rides" 30 years from now. Got it? Now go fetch me some plum flower tea."
Godzilla started off serious and then became kid movies. Even the people behind the camera knew that. That is why they went back to a serious tone in the Heisei era to grab the audience that they lost

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:old:nikka babble.

Nobody under 35 cares about Scorcese in 2023.

Culturally he's irrelevant in 2023.

It doesn't mean his movies are bad it means people don't really care like that anymore. Another director is Spielberg.

We're not in the 90's anymore.

Marvel whether you like the movies or not are "in" with the general movie goer right now and culturally relevant globally.

You don't live in reality.

The average movie goer doesn't give a damn about a movie being "art" :mjlol:

Since 2012 the biggest movie franchise is Marvel :mjlol:
Dumb nikka babble :mjlol:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Godzilla started off serious and then became kid movies. Even the people behind the camera knew that. That is why they went back to a serious tone in the Heisei era to grab the audience that they lost
Honestly, I just posted that as an excuse to show the picture of Ishiro and Marty together. Scorsese played Vincient Van Gogh in Akira Kurosawa's Dreams and afterwards he ran up to Honda fanboying out about he loved all of his (kaiju and other works) films and requested a picture with him. Right before the pic was taken, Marty supposedly said, "Truthfully, I came to Japan just to take this photo with you." The two became friends and he ended up writing the foreword in Honda's autobiography later on.

It's a nice little story and it also means that Martin Scorsese is a Godzilla fan. :obama:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is there a certain point where you felt they crossed the line? I think they played him for jokes a bit, but he def came off as a depressed alcoholic most of the film for me.
Ragnarok was the beginning of the downward slope for the character.
There was a scene in a previous movie that showed Thor having a premonition of ragnarok that had me hyped only for it to be reduced to a disjointed comedy

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
How you gonna call something "end game", kilk a bunch of characters and not expect the sht to fall off after that? You billed it as end game :russ:

i think the way they did Thor's character was way more egregious :scust:
I think Infinity War, End Game, and Civil War were all mid

They were fun to watch tho

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I think Infinity War, End Game, and Civil War were all mid

They were fun to watch tho
One thing I've noticed about the Marvel Studios films is the drop off in replay value that their films have had. I watched the first Iron Man, Captain America: TFA, Thor, the first Avengers movie, and the first Guardians of the Galaxy dozens of times. Movies past 2016? No so much. I watched Spider-man: Homecoming, Black Panther and Infinity War a lot, but those seem to be exceptions. I loved the theater experience of Endgame and Spider-Man: NWH but when I rewatched them later on, I got bored and started to do other things and those films became background noise. Say what you will about how 20th Century Fox handled the X-Men franchise, but they ended up making Deadpool and Logan - two films that I constantly watch to this very day.

Last edited: