Marcus Garvey Wrote a Letter to White Supremacist Earnest Cox Calling Negros Lazy

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Alla unno duncebat stop quote me inna this fukkery

I have no desire to entertain any back and forth from unno disrespect prophet Marcus

In real life teeth would scatter like bird seed in here but nuffa unno a internet p*ssy who love chat behind screen like gyal
Stop bullshytting!

He a prophet that said go back to Africa yet yo bytch ass still in Jamaica talking shyt to ya mammy

Go eat ya own dikk, bytch

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
You could say this about Dubios with his fair skinned associates and talented tenth.

Edit: And calling darker skinned blacks "ugly".

I don't think either of these men are clowns, but they are imperfect. Like all of us.
when did dubois say this?

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Tuckcat shut you p*ssyclaart mouth you the biggest idiot in here you would not stand up next to any yard man and talk how you talking in this thread

you feel strong cuz the rest of the p*ssy dem come cosign you in here all of you can go suck you madda
:mjtf:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Oh you didn't know?

joe-bidens-sins-embed01.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...her-was-arrested-after-a-klan-riot-in-queens/

Both Trump and Biden got KKK ties

I don't absolve Garvey for being pen pals to the KKK, but the irony in this thread is making me chuckle

That pic looks fake

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
when did dubois say this?

‘UGLIEST NEGROES IN AMERICA’
Garvey was not prepared to live on the hyphen. He advocated separatism. DuBois called Garvey the “most dangerous enemy of the Negro race in America and the world”. The conflict between the men was not only ideological. It was also colour-coded. DuBois described Garvey as “a little, fat black man; ugly, but with intelligent eyes and a big head”. Not to be outdone, Garvey styled DuBois as “a little Dutch, a little French, a little Negro . . . a mulatto . . . a monstrosity”.

In 1914, the NAACP had 6,000 members and 50 branches. Launched that year, the UNIA would soon surpass the membership of the NAACP, which was decidedly elitist. The UNIA was mockingly called the ‘Ugliest Negroes in America’. Those ugly negroes knew how to mobilise African-Americans to fight for civil rights. Of the one thousand branches of the UNIA, 836 were in the US. Garvey appealed to working-class African-Americans who found hope in his vision of solidarity for racial uplift

Jamaica Gleaner

I'd first heard it in that NPR Throughline episode on Garvey, though.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
.wow.. fukk Marcus Garvey..

:mjcry::snoop:

Yall nikkaz is llllost!!

Let me ask you.. if you have IG.. and you see some stupid ole ratchet post.. look thru the comments.. you will ALWAYS see people championing fukkry.. those are the ones he speaks of..

You can't save everyone

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
My grandma (born in 1943 in mullins, SC) alway praised the klan for helping battered women in the blax Community.

its all relative. Most people see their intentions as pure
If the klan were helping battered black women it was just to beat up on black men and probably still rape the black women. We’ve always had c00ns in our community, the KKK have never been altruistic toward black folks

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Jamaica Gleaner

I'd first heard it in that NPR Throughline episode on Garvey, though.
This is your proof, a website called the "Jamaica Gleaner" :mjlol:

Dubois was going at it with garvey. and given the things garvey wanted to enact and the feud between them. what they were doing was no diff than when you and someone else get into it.

None of this indicts Dubois of viewing darkskined blacks/ADOS people as that.

Meanwhile you had Garvey who was trying to bring his backward ass Caribbean three class system to America. and having a relationship with the KKK

so nope try again:unimpressed:

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
.wow.. fukk Marcus Garvey..

:mjcry::snoop:

Yall nikkaz is llllost!!

Let me ask you.. if you have IG.. and you see some stupid ole ratchet post.. look thru the comments.. you will ALWAYS see people championing fukkry.. those are the ones he speaks of..

You can't save everyone
Nah mane.. talking privately to a cracka on some lazy nikkas shyt .. that's some fukk shyt .. keep that in house

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is your proof, a website called the "Jamaica Gleaner" :mjlol:

I just told you you'll hear the same thing from a website called "NPR":mjlol:

:rudy:

Unless you have proof to the contrary, let's assume the comments are accurate...

None of this indicts Dubois of viewing darkskined blacks/ADOS people as that.

Meanwhile you had Garvey who was trying to bring his backward ass Caribbean three class system to America. and having a relationship with the KKK

so nope try again:unimpressed:

Try what again? I respect both men and probably agree with Dubois more.

The fact of the matter is Du Bois' circle of associates was noticibly lighter and Garvey's darker. During their beef Du Bois' called Garvey's camp the Ugliest Negroes In America. :manny:

Nobody's perfect, and both men will have contributed more to Black culture and uplift than either of us.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I did read it and i don’t remember this. Do you mind sharing some excerpts
I browsed it again and didn't find what I thought I remembered. All the times he refers to the sometimes pitiful condition of the American Negro, he reframes it in the context of being locked in this condition by white supremacy...

The Deep South white press generally blacked me out. But they front-paged what I felt about

Northern white and black Freedom Riders going _South_ to "demonstrate." I called it "ridiculous";

their own Northern ghettoes, right at home, had enough rats and roaches to kill to keep all of the

Freedom Riders busy. I said that ultra-liberal New York had more integration problems than

Mississippi. If the Northern Freedom Riders wanted more to do, they could work on the roots of

such ghetto evils as the little children out in the streets at midnight, with apartment keys on strings

around their necks to let themselves in, and their mothers and fathers drunk, drug addicts,

thieves, prostitutes. Or the Northern Freedom Riders could light some fires under Northern city

halls, unions, and major industries to give more jobs to Negroes to remove so many of them from

the relief and welfare rolls, which created laziness, and which deteriorated the ghettoes into

steadily worse places for humans to live. It was all-it is all-the absolute truth; but what did I want

to say it for? Snakes couldn't have turned on me faster than the liberal.

Yes, I will pull off that liberal's halo that he spends such efforts cultivating
The Honorable Elijah Muhammad teaches us

that as long as our people here in America are dependent upon the white man, we will always be

begging him for jobs, food, clothing, and housing. And he will always control our lives, regulate

our lives, and have the power to segregate us. The Negro here in America has been treated like a

child. A child stays within the mother until the time of birth! When the time of birth arrives, the child

must be separated, or it will _destroy_ its mother and itself. The mother can't carry that child after

its time. The child cries for and needs its own world!"

Except in this one time of frustration:

And at another time there in the hotel room he came the nearest to tears that I ever saw him, and

also the only time I ever heard him use, for his race, one word. He had been talking about how

hard he had worked building up the Muslim organization in the early days when he was first

moved to New York City, when abruptly he exclaimed hoarsely, "We had the _best_ organization

the black man's ever had-_******s_ ruined it!"

A few days later, however, he wrote in one of his memo books this, which he let me read,

"Children have a lesson adults should learn, to not be ashamed of failing, but to get up and try

again. Most of us adults are so afraid, so cautious, so 'safe,' and therefore so shrinking and rigid

and afraid that it is why so many humans fail. Most middle-aged adults have resigned themselves

to failure."

Could it be what Garvey was doing in this out of context excerpt, written in prison? I never read it so I don't know. Still sounds nasty and terrible.

One interesting passage about Garvey and Malcolm's father (there are others):
One of the reasons I've always felt that my father favored me was that to the best of my

remembrance, it was only me that he sometimes took with him to the Garvey U.N.I.A. meetings

which he held quietly in different people's homes. There were never more than a few people at

any one time-twenty at most. But that was a lot, packed into someone's living room. I noticed how

differently they all acted, although sometimes they were the same people who jumped and

shouted in church. But in these meetings both they and my father were more intense, more

intelligent and down to earth. It made me feel the same way.

I can remember hearing of "Adam driven out of the garden into the caves of Europe," "Africa for

the Africans," "Ethiopians, Awake!" And my father would talk about how it would not be much

longer before Africa would be completely run by Negroes-"by black men," was the phrase he

always used.

"No one knows when the hour of Africa's redemption cometh. It is in the wind. It is coming. One

day, like a storm, it will be here."

I remember seeing the big, shiny photographs of Marcus Garvey that were passed from hand to

hand. My father had a big envelope of them that he always took to these meetings. The pictures

showed what seemed to me millions of Negroes thronged in parade behind Garvey riding in a fine

car, a big black man dressed in a dazzling uniform with gold braid on it, and he was wearing a

thrilling hat with tall plumes. I remember hearing that he had black followers not only hi the United

States but all around the world, and I remember how the meetings always closed with my father

saying, several times, and the people chanting after him, "Up, you mighty race, you can

accomplish what you will!"

I have never understood why, after hearing as much as I did of these kinds of things, I somehow

never thought, then, of the black people in Africa. My image of Africa, at that time, was of naked

savages, cannibals, monkeys and tigers and steaming jungles

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I’ve made threads on their relationship before and posted that first pic.

Just didn’t want anyone coming in saying you fell for some bullshyt.

Biden called that cac his best friend in the Senate.

Yupp also Bosom Buddies with another KKK member. Not just a member, but a GrandMaster KKK member

ac471419-59e4-4865-bb7f-42eb5b9115d4-AP_Obama_Biden_2008.JPG

Spoke at his Eulogy too when he passed away :wow:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I browsed it again and didn't find what I thought I remembered. All the times he refers to the sometimes pitiful condition of the American Negro, he reframes it in the context of being locked in this condition by white supremacy...

Except in this one time of frustration:

Could it be what Garvey was doing in this out of context excerpt, written in prison? I never read it so I don't know. Still sounds nasty and terrible.

One interesting passage about Garvey and Malcolm's father (there are others):
One of the reasons I've always felt that my father favored me was that to the best of my

remembrance, it was only me that he sometimes took with him to the Garvey U.N.I.A. meetings

which he held quietly in different people's homes. There were never more than a few people at

any one time-twenty at most. But that was a lot, packed into someone's living room. I noticed how

differently they all acted, although sometimes they were the same people who jumped and

shouted in church. But in these meetings both they and my father were more intense, more

intelligent and down to earth. It made me feel the same way.

I can remember hearing of "Adam driven out of the garden into the caves of Europe," "Africa for

the Africans," "Ethiopians, Awake!" And my father would talk about how it would not be much

longer before Africa would be completely run by Negroes-"by black men," was the phrase he

always used.

"No one knows when the hour of Africa's redemption cometh. It is in the wind. It is coming. One

day, like a storm, it will be here."

I remember seeing the big, shiny photographs of Marcus Garvey that were passed from hand to

hand. My father had a big envelope of them that he always took to these meetings. The pictures

showed what seemed to me millions of Negroes thronged in parade behind Garvey riding in a fine

car, a big black man dressed in a dazzling uniform with gold braid on it, and he was wearing a

thrilling hat with tall plumes. I remember hearing that he had black followers not only hi the United

States but all around the world, and I remember how the meetings always closed with my father

saying, several times, and the people chanting after him, "Up, you mighty race, you can

accomplish what you will!"

I have never understood why, after hearing as much as I did of these kinds of things, I somehow

never thought, then, of the black people in Africa. My image of Africa, at that time, was of naked

savages, cannibals, monkeys and tigers and steaming jungles
Thank you for the passages but this is like you said a lot more tame than what Garvey said. I always get like Malcom always had our best at heart, Garvey not so much.