Marcus Freeman to be named HC at Notre Dame

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Y’all overhyping Notre Dame’s recruiting class, their class is pretty much done with 23 commits while almost everyone else in the top 15 classes are barely half way full

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I really think he wanted a new challenge he build ND to a yearly contender and felt like he maxed out a ND :yeshrug: now he will be able to recruit easier at LSU but Marcus freeman currently has a top 4 class in 2022 that he recruited not BK so you can build a strong roster at ND once ND
New challenge?

He didn’t win any titles at ND.

If the incoming class was so good he wouldn’t of left.

That job is a total pressure cooker. Notre Dame thinks it’s 1974 and they should be winning titles

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
What I've read on reddit is apparently Kelly wasn't going to be given an extension after 2024 if he didn't win a title so I can see that's why he would leave. He wasn't loved by the boosters, he was kind of tolerated because he did fix the program. Still a hoe though.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
What I've read on reddit is apparently Kelly wasn't going to be given an extension after 2024 if he didn't win a title so I can see that's why he would leave. He wasn't loved by the boosters, he was kind of tolerated because he did fix the program. Still a hoe though.
Exactly. They would’ve eventually fired him anyway. ND is living in a dream world. They gonna have to lower those admission standards to put themselves in position to get these 5 star speed demon recruits.

ND demands that you win a National Title or else like it’s 1953 :mjlol:

fukkin delusional

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. They would’ve eventually fired him anyway. ND is living in a dream world. They gonna have to lower those admission standards to put themselves in position to get these 5 star speed demon recruits.

ND demands that you win a National Title or else like it’s 1953 :mjlol:

fukkin delusional
I think it had more to do with his personality. He's not beloved. His own players have come out and said he wasn't the reason they came to ND. It was the school. And then they have come out, along with recruits really supporting freeman and how he actually seems to care about them.

None of Kelly's assistants are following him, even ones who have been with him for 15 years. Shows you all you need to know about how people feel about him.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I think it had more to do with his personality. He's not beloved. His own players have come out and said he wasn't the reason they came to ND. It was the school. And then they have come out, along with recruits really supporting freeman and how he actually seems to care about them.

None of Kelly's assistants are following him, even ones who have been with him for 15 years. Shows you all you need to know about how people feel about him.
Maybe but regardless of the coach’s personality ND demands National Titles and it’s unrealistic with their admission standards

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
@Joe Sixpack is on the money. Notre Dame is a bad job. Winning a natty there is next to impossible yet the fanbase/boosters expect it. And honestly they would be less relevant if they were forced into a power 5 conference.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
@Joe Sixpack is on the money. Notre Dame is a bad job. Winning a natty there is next to impossible yet the fanbase/boosters expect it. And honestly they would be less relevant if they were forced into a power 5 conference.
Kelly was not remotely on the hot seat. LSU fired a coach that won the title 2 years ago. He’s under way more pressure right now than he ever was at ND.