manga: what you reading brehs....

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
What are y’all reading manga on? I’m using a Galaxy Tab 8+ with Shonen Jump app or Tachiyomi. I also have an iPad Mini 6 with Paperback. Lastly I have a Boox Nova Air eReader.
Ipad. Using Manga Plus, Shounen Jump, Viz apps. Also Paperback with extensions to MangaDex and MangaSee.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
OnK Ch. 121

Man conflicting thoughts on this chapter. Painting Ruby's former mom in a more good light is weird. Since the given assumption we had of her. Still more of the steps are in stone for Aqua and Ruby to finally make up. Even if we didn't have the interview from the earlier chapters this made it clear that this will come soon.

Overall a great chapter for Ruby's development considering that the manga has lacked Ruby focused in favor of both Kana and Akane. And the lack of it early on is really showing up in these recent chapters.

SPOILER_20301CD4-98EA-487F-8613-38BA90217782.png

SPOILER_91443221-01F9-49D9-9587-A1752FA3D176.png

SPOILER_693D8396-C3E0-45E2-BB67-0D6B070B131C.png

SPOILER_1A803C01-DD57-4910-A96E-90412D5C5B68.png

SPOILER_B16E5BA6-FFE9-456E-AFCC-812D69818236.png

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
so im caught up on kingdom now and :unimpressed: if riboku is the protagonist now just say that
Bro I'm fukking saying though! That's why I've been raging on this shyt during that whole arc, this motherfukker is approaching Aizen levels of untouchable plot armor. What's worse is he's never written in a questionable light, much less wrong or remotely evil.

He's a freedom fighter against tyranny and invaders and everyone else is a lesser side character.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bro I'm fukking saying though! That's why I've been raging on this shyt during that whole arc, this motherfukker is approaching Aizen levels of untouchable plot armor. What's worse is he's never written in a questionable light, much less wrong or remotely evil.

He's a freedom fighter against tyranny and invaders and everyone else is a lesser side character.
im irritated with riboku surviving mortal wounds, head shots, his girl not even getting maimed, and even failures in his own foresight

but what really got me?
they made kanki's backstory hinge on a typical long lost love :snoop:

like MAYBE if they illustrated Shin without his balance, Riboku without his balance, some of the lesser side characters IF THEY had a balance - but no smh

im gonna catch up on kaiju n8 and maybe start on dadandan or whatever its called next. maybe girls in a dungeon or something. kingdom sold way too hard even if the ending to that arc was still largely okay.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
im irritated with riboku surviving mortal wounds, head shots, his girl not even getting maimed, and even failures in his own foresight

but what really got me?
they made kanki's backstory hinge on a typical long lost love :snoop:

like MAYBE if they illustrated Shin without his balance, Riboku without his balance, some of the lesser side characters IF THEY had a balance - but no smh

im gonna catch up on kaiju n8 and maybe start on dadandan or whatever its called next. maybe girls in a dungeon or something. kingdom sold way too hard even if the ending to that arc was still largely okay.
Maaaan I've been waiting on this Kaine bytch to die for a long time, she's honestly one of the most annoying walking tropes I've seen in recent memory. Broad could give Krillin's ho ass lessons in meat riding and cheerleading.

I was telling my boy after he took what should have been a decapitation and walked it off, that they were doing too much with this dude. It might work if he had the charisma necessary to keep you invested and belief suspended but he's not that guy. Obviously they want him to be the final boss and all but I just want him gone at this point, Kanki was probably their most dynamic character and he went out sad to build Riboku even more.

I WILL say this little stuttering law guru is a welcome change of pace. Qin is going through it right now. They put the whole block on notice, made a big move and lost one of their top shooters, and now everyone is ready to put foot to neck. It's a well done story and world but Riboku takes away so much.:snoop:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Maaaan I've been waiting on this Kaine bytch to die for a long time, she's honestly one of the most annoying walking tropes I've seen in recent memory. Broad could give Krillin's ho ass lessons in meat riding and cheerleading.

I was telling my boy after he took what should have been a decapitation and walked it off, that they were doing too much with this dude. It might work if he had the charisma necessary to keep you invested and belief suspended but he's not that guy. Obviously they want him to be the final boss and all but I just want him gone at this point, Kanki was probably their most dynamic character and he went out sad to build Riboku even more.

I WILL say this little stuttering law guru is a welcome change of pace. Qin is going through it right now. They put the whole block on notice, made a big move and lost one of their top shooters, and now everyone is ready to put foot to neck. It's a well done story and world but Riboku takes away so much.:snoop:
that's what bothers me the most fr

kaine has NO role other than waiting to die :mjlol: but like, and i hate to dive in on kingdom because they never try to hit levels of depth consistently, they lay out so many different avenues to contrast kanki's path with where riboku and others are. once they break out of the cage initially, riboku tells everyone that kanki butchering thousands isn't a threat - its the cost of putting him down that they all need to be willing to pay. fast forward and you have a *great* moment where riboku fails to hold to that commitment when kanki heads off to the next castle for warcrimes.

the result? nothing but an internal narrative for riboku.

kanki's backstory is all about him protecting his ppl - same as a lot of these characters. when faced with impossible odds, he did impossibly fukked up shyt to ward people away. when riboku's people are under pressure? same shyt. internal narrative, no actual consequence as the majority of his squad no sells a perfect ambush.

kanki's folks take an L he couldn't prevent? kanki leaves his set, finds a new one, and drops a hall of fame warcrime :picard: proof that you gotta want it more and your people will recognize that. and that energy is what keeps them around no matter what. reflected accordingly throughout his story so far too. riboku? his folks just want it more and win :dead:

even shin waiting for his girl to show up from the rear guard? that would've been the PERFECT time to show how Shin is effected the most by this whole thing instead of that little jab by Maron at the end. Let Shin recall how useful those warcrimes were when no other options were on the table instead of just telling those torturers to become medics.

tl;dr - i am disappointed. ESPECIALLY after they have an ethical debate right after this with a brand new character

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Clover: Yuno continues to do main character things and display ridiculous levels of power. He literally just beat the Wizard King, one that's amplified beyond reason, and now his street team is broadcasting the W to the whole kingdom. Meanwhile the Black Bulls are getting ready to fight an unknown quantity in Damnatio just to try and get Asta back on the scene. At this rate it'll be another 5 chapters before he actually gets back.

Chainsaw Man: The fact that Famine so easily lil sis'd the Falling Devil and now seems to be puppeteering current events should be scary AF to everyone reading. What's even more terrifying is that Famine and Control are trying to prevent the end of humanity and the rise of Devilkind because of 3 things: Chinese food, pizza, and school. This fukkery is unmatched. :deadrose:

MHA: Why are we doing this? :unimpressed: No, I understand we need to put a bookend on Toga and her losses and give Ochaco a shining moment but this shyt is boring. It's very obviously a cooldown (no pun intended, I promise) chapter following the conclusion of the Toya/Todoroki but it just sapped what little momentum they had.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Black Clover: Yuno continues to do main character things and display ridiculous levels of power. He literally just beat the Wizard King, one that's amplified beyond reason, and now his street team is broadcasting the W to the whole kingdom. Meanwhile the Black Bulls are getting ready to fight an unknown quantity in Damnatio just to try and get Asta back on the scene. At this rate it'll be another 5 chapters before he actually gets back.

Chainsaw Man: The fact that Famine so easily lil sis'd the Falling Devil and now seems to be puppeteering current events should be scary AF to everyone reading. What's even more terrifying is that Famine and Control are trying to prevent the end of humanity and the rise of Devilkind because of 3 things: Chinese food, pizza, and school. This fukkery is unmatched. :deadrose:

MHA: Why are we doing this? :unimpressed: No, I understand we need to put a bookend on Toga and her losses and give Ochaco a shining moment but this shyt is boring. It's very obviously a cooldown (no pun intended, I promise) chapter following the conclusion of the Toya/Todoroki but it just sapped what little momentum they had.
CSM main headline for most is fukkery and it is understandable. But there are different things that it outlines that gets missed. I give Fujimoto credit. He creates moments that are easily to be digestible, but have a deeper meaning if you read into it more. Like Denji getting disappointed grouping Power's breasts are his first kiss is a barf from Himeno. But it brings up a point that first experience that you were always looking forward to becomes a giant disappointment.

I think compared to Jigo and JJK CSM is more of a series that you will absolutely love or it just aint for you. The other two are more typical of mature shounens. I personally favor them, but CSM being unconventional is appreciated as it gives me a different flavor of shounen. Imo its power scale that focuses on fear and the lore are absolutely my favorite parts of the series. Not too mention it counts on meaningless monolouges.

I def need to reread the series one of these days looking back on these past few chapters Fujimoto has something planned for. Unfortunately part two being slowly paced with mix of weekly and biweekly chapters can easily lose the interest in a good amount of people. I def plan to reread it eventually and honestly for most part 2 will be a much much better experience on a binge like pt 1.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think this new shonen's got some potential. Gachiakuta is about a poor kid who gets accused of murder and tossed into an abyss where society dumps all its garbage. But once he gets down there, he finds that there's a whole world down there. Adding to the intrigue; intention and feelings can cause objects to gain power or even act on their own. So the trash heaps form monsters, while a person's treasured possessions can become powerful weapons to fight 'em.

images

images

Gachiakuta-T01.jpg

The artist helped on Soul Eater and Fire Force. You can see some influence from both in the artwork and plot. The art style stands out most to me. Lots of cool play with line weight for details and emphasis.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The Dangers in My Heart Ch. 123

Awesome chapter. Especially the end was great.

IMG_2617.png

IMG_2618.png

IMG_2619.png

IMG_2620.png

IMG_2621.png

IMG_2622.png

SPOILER_IMG_2623.png

IMG_2624.png

Karou Hana Ch. 76

Per the norm of this series, it is great. Also the amount of sorries is starting to decrease finally.

1E34F78F-492B-4A08-B40F-DBF7427F6F58.png

8765EDED-2670-496E-A9EE-215F6BC1EDCD.png

163C4646-2A07-4DEA-8C7B-E9B482F962EB.png

31E86051-812C-4384-94D6-7AF91F6A4C3D.png

For other stuff I recently read

• Horimiya - Read all 16 vols. It is easily a great SoL Romance, with a fantastic class. If only the anime was better. (Still is good, but could have been much better)
  • Me and My Gangster Ch 26 - The way that this series has switched tone to a more drama content regarding Yuuhi's mom. It builds upon what has been setup so far very nice.
  • Kindergarten Wars - This is def an entertaining manga. Rita is fukking hilarious :mjlol: Cast looks pretty good so far and the series feels like it has more underneath potentially. Newest chapter felt like we moved past the prolouge.
  • Service Wars - I love this series. It is wacky as hell, but in a good way. I do wonder for how much longer the author can keep it up. At the very least I know I will read it each week.
  • Demon Lord Exchange Ch. 3 - New series with a weird premise. (Female and Hero and Demon Lord exchanging bodies.) The interaction with the first revived party member was great, plus the ending of this chapter has high fukkery potential next chapter.