manga: what you reading brehs....

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Study Group is an entertaining manhwa. It's not better than Holyland, but it's different enough that it's worth reading every week.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
JJK Vol 19

Mostly just Yuji and Megumi focused here.

The court Domain fight was actually interesting. And one of the domain expansions that is pretty simply to follow. Good showcase of Yuji's ideals. Gambling which is soley an activity that he does to benefit himself he tries to think his way out of it. But even tho Sukuna killed those people his ideals doesn't care. It already know how Yuji feels about killing people, but this signified how much it bothers him.

On the contrast Megumi while much colder then Yuji, but he isn't completely heartless given he saved Remi. But beyond that it showed how strong and ruthless he can be in a fight. Honestly I feel like he hasn't had a chance to be on a spotlight like here granted his last fight was against Toji and no way he was winning that normally.

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Had extra time to binge the rest of JJK's chapters.

• Hikari's Domain on some other shyt. It's essentially gambling so is his fights it be like oh damn my luck has already run out sike. Fun characters but his fights be on some stupid bullshyt. Very entertaining nonetheless.
    [*]Maki's fight in the culling game fighting alongside was basically her unlocking the true Toji level. Which is dope as hell to see. Tho her facing off against Naoya while cool in the sense that Maki finally truly becomes Toji against him. But can this fukker just die already :unimpressed:
    [*]I liked Yuta's fights the most it was a great showcase of his strength. Good twists nothing to complain.
    [*]Yuki and Choso's fight against Kenjaku was definitely a ride to be had. Tho damn how tf did Kenjaku survive that is beyond me.
    [*]Now the moment Megumi is saved by Hana and meets up with Yuji is where the pacing becomes a lil too much. I guess the culling games results as an L once Yuki dies and loses to Kenjaku. Plot was advancing like crazy. I legit thought Sukuna and his plans wouldn't start moving until Kenjaku would be dealt with. That surprised me.
    [*]Now it all adds up why Sukuna wanted to keep Megumi alive. Basically as a sorcerer he is much stronger then Yuji who has the physical strengths, which isn't something we see Sukuna use much. Also it allows him to be in control essentially. And he really went out to broke the kid. Great twist that I didn't see coming.
    [*]Poor Megumi just the shock alone of his sister being used by Yorozu but his body kills her being possessed by Sukuna,
    [*]Now we got Gojo vs Sukuna. This was def planned to happen from the start.
    [*]You still got Kenjaku around spurring shyt while Gojo and Sukuna fight it off. Interesting how the rest of the gang goes out. You got Yuji, Maki,Yuta, Hikari and others still around.
    [*]Now the culling games won't end until Sukuna and Kenjaku are the only two left. You also have the merging of non sorcerers with Tengen. Goal for them is to stop the culling games, but the need to kill the game master. Guess we need to see more.
Prob still need to digest some of this stuff. The strongest points of this series is definitely fights since shyt is always crazy and characterization & development of the characters. Maki is easily the best character in the series to me. They execute all her arcs (which seems about done) beautifully. Yuji is a very solid MC. Lots of good stuff here.

Weak point for is story and lore. While the fights be entertaining AF, I'll be honestly I be forgetting what most of this cursed energy and how it works. Only two things I know Gojo is easily the strongest and reverse cursed energy can heal somehow.

The story in the latest arc is very overwhelming. It keeps adding more and more to the plate at some point its taken. It's not bullshyt cause I can barely connect the dots together, but I imagine for the average reader they must be thinking wtf is happening now lol.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Don’t read the manga light novel is way better
I’ve never read a light novel and honestly have no desire to. I do a good amount of reading in my spare time but I don’t think I can sit through hundreds of pages of shytty translations without art

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

New series that I heard good things about and just recently caught up Basically family wakes where all of them have amnesia. Series does a very good job of always keeping you on your toes and just when you think you figured things out it throws you in for a loop.

Really like it.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

New series that I heard good things about and just recently caught up Basically family wakes where all of them have amnesia. Series does a very good job of always keeping you on your toes and just when you think you figured things out it throws you in for a loop.

Really like it.
It’s good but I keep thinking it’s canceled with how it’s moving

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps

Really like it.

This is 1 of the manga I look forward to most each week

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Blue Box 103

Boy finally confessed. Really liked the parallels to them meeting in the circumstance that they did given if it def was over the top.

SPOILER_IMG_2282.png

SPOILER_IMG_2283.png

SPOILER_IMG_2284.png

SPOILER_IMG_2285.png

Ichinose Family's Deadly Sins Ch. 27

The parallels from real life and the dream actually has me shook and I have no idea what it could mean. Like does stuff occuring in real life get fed to the dreams

SPOILER_63A73C83-5FF0-4211-9328-C4AE4891522A.png

SPOILER_32FA72C0-E18B-48E1-8EBE-EEC31BEC9C36.png

On a more positive note Tenmaku Cinema so far is coming along very nicely real good one I would say. :ehh: I'd say same for Beats & Motion but being bi-weekly gonna need more patience with it till it reaches its stride hopefully.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Blue Box 103

Boy finally confessed. Really liked the parallels to them meeting in the circumstance that they did given if it def was over the top.

SPOILER_IMG_2282.png

SPOILER_IMG_2283.png

SPOILER_IMG_2284.png

SPOILER_IMG_2285.png

Ichinose Family's Deadly Sins Ch. 27

The parallels from real life and the dream actually has me shook and I have no idea what it could mean. Like does stuff occuring in real life get fed to the dreams

SPOILER_63A73C83-5FF0-4211-9328-C4AE4891522A.png

SPOILER_32FA72C0-E18B-48E1-8EBE-EEC31BEC9C36.png

On a more positive note Tenmaku Cinema so far is coming along very nicely real good one I would say. :ehh: I'd say same for Beats & Motion but being bi-weekly gonna need more patience with it till it reaches its stride hopefully.

Blue Box: Taiki confessed :banderas: it was the perfect time considering everything

Ichinose: I can't even predict anything in this series, I'm looking forward to when there's a clear picture of what's happening

I like Tenmaku, it reminds me of Bakuman but with film. Beat & Motion is promising too

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Release That Witch is an isekai where the protagonist doesn't have any real powers but he's born in a world at the middle ages and he has modern knowledge and liberated views.

Witches are real and they burn them but he's born a fourth prince in a royal succession competition put in charge of his own domain and he doesn't burn a witch that can use fire. He fakes her death and uses her for his inventions.

There's his siblings lurking as potential antagonists and a corrupt church as definite ones. His domain sheltering witches will put his at odds with the world.