Mandatory installs is by far the worst "feature" of this gen.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I finally upgraded to this gen and I hate this shyt. Like I'm a grown man and it's annoying but there are tons of moms buying their kids XB1s for Xmas... I know there are gonna be a ton of little ass kids with no idea why they can't play their games right after opening them.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Just to save a few seconds. :camby:

fukk that shyt. :pacspit:

shyts fukkin stupid. fukk them for doing that.
Lol i think your underestimating the amount of time it saves :skip:

Its not only about loading. Im sure it helps overall performance as well

Id go as far to say that Microsoft and Sony had no choice. Games these days NEED to be installed

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
dudes complaining about nothing. Pop a game in, let it do it's thing. Usually takes no more than a few minutes on PS4.
shyt half the time it takes a few seconds :deadmanny:. Last guardian im pretty sure took like 10 seconds

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt half the time it takes a few seconds :deadmanny:. Last guardian im pretty sure took like 10 seconds
I've never bought a game and was waiting a long ass time to play. I usually open the game up, pop it in and go do somethin else while the game installs/updates which usually takes a few minutes at most excluding rare occasions. I'm assuming the ones having trouble suffer from slow download speeds which makes the game "ready" part long.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Lol i think your underestimating the amount of time it saves :skip:

Its not only about loading. Im sure it helps overall performance as well

Id go as far to say that Microsoft and Sony had no choice. Games these days NEED to be installed
I never had a problem with loading waits. I understand why.

installing games is some bullshyt. Waiting for the game to install and gigs it takes up annoy me.

I've been down that road with having to delete games just to have space. I'm glad my old 360 kept up before the rrod. I only lost space cause I installed a 2k game; still had a gig left. And that shyt was the old 20-30 gigs drive.

I bought a new one about 2 years ago with 500. I ain't never gonna use em up :mjgrin:

Plus cats use the gigs for other shyt besides games.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mandatory Installs was a horrible Idea i told that a$$hole meach... They should have spent most of that R&D money to enhance the laser and data burst transmission technology.... but no, they wanna focus all on the processors and shyt and play the shyt off the hard drive. But you see what happens when you dont have a gigantic hard drive? What happens when Elder Scrolls 6 / Fallout 4 comes out. how much space is that gonna take up huh? a$$holeS?!?!?

lol at ehnance the laser. you do realize discs period are a dying thing right?

you notice everyone is streaming darn near everything. a great laser for your next playstation means theirs a great laser for CD's for people's music and DVD's, Blu - rays, etc.

but the truth is, there's not. and there's a reason why. Hard discs are whats in. SSD's to be honest. they have IDE in their i believe. which are slower.

a laser will not be faster than a read and write speed of a hard disc. aint happening. what they need to do is give up the real giant drives. but even with that. some of yall have to let some of those 100 games go. you cant play them all anyway. delete some. you should still have the rights to the games if you want to reinstall it.

lastly, lasers are not made to work nearly as hard as a hard drive, constantly reading and reading and reading from the disc as you play the game.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Man when I first got my xboxo I was heated as fukk when I found out I had to do this for every game. I agree, this is by far the worst feature of this gen... I think I made a similar thread bytching about this on the Xbox one.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Man when I first got my xboxo I was heated as fukk when I found out I had to do this for every game. I agree, this is by far the worst feature of this gen... I think I made a similar thread bytching about this on the Xbox one.
And if you try to play without the disc :russ: u gotta be connected

Remember kids; we don't own these games and consoles, I own a license to use them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Like I said earlier in the thread the installs aren't an issue. But there is now a real new issue and that's downloading patches that are several GBs large on these slow console gaming networks that can't max out your internet connection. FFXV had about a 7GB day one patch in addition to the install. It took over an hour to download.