Mandatory installs is by far the worst "feature" of this gen.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
lol at ehnance the laser. you do realize discs period are a dying thing right?

you notice everyone is streaming darn near everything. a great laser for your next playstation means theirs a great laser for CD's for people's music and DVD's, Blu - rays, etc.

but the truth is, there's not. and there's a reason why. Hard discs are whats in. SSD's to be honest. they have IDE in their i believe. which are slower.

a laser will not be faster than a read and write speed of a hard disc. aint happening. what they need to do is give up the real giant drives. but even with that. some of yall have to let some of those 100 games go. you cant play them all anyway. delete some. you should still have the rights to the games if you want to reinstall it.

lastly, lasers are not made to work nearly as hard as a hard drive, constantly reading and reading and reading from the disc as you play the game.

They have the technology, the idea would be to enhance it... Make breakthroughs... :coffee: HDD's can be corrupted...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
They have the technology, the idea would be to enhance it... Make breakthroughs... :coffee: HDD's can be corrupted...
and optical discs can get scratched

solid state storage is the future. it doesn't involve discs, or any moving parts that can fail, and it's not affected by magnets

The_Phonz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Day 1 patch updates and mandatory downloads are the one of the few reasons why this gen is one of the woat

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
discs can be scratched. or lost so what are we even discussing here? lol

and how many xbox and ps owners have had corrupted drives? not many.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
discs can be scratched. or lost so what are we even discussing here? lol

and how many xbox and ps owners have had corrupted drives? not many.

Blu-ray discs cant be scratched remember... :leostare: Not unless you put real effort into it. there not like the old cd rom discs

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I've never bought a game and was waiting a long ass time to play. I usually open the game up, pop it in and go do somethin else while the game installs/updates which usually takes a few minutes at most excluding rare occasions. I'm assuming the ones having trouble suffer from slow download speeds which makes the game "ready" part long.

guess you never had an original Nintendo ... there were times it took 10 minutes to get a game to play... by the time it actually worked you didn't wanna play anymore...

edit: I quoted you but after I read your full statement .. nevermind