Mandatory installs is by far the worst "feature" of this gen.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
PC gaming is running back into these issues because of SSD's
Yeah, but I think its a bit unrealistic to expect to install everything on an SSD right now. Plus who doesn't have a larger storage drive in there these days anyway?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah, but I think its a bit unrealistic to expect to install everything on an SSD right now.
and that applies to those still with the console's 500gb HDD too

it's a reasonable amount of space, but at some point you'll have to move stuff around :yeshrug:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
alright enough is enough of this foolishness.

Mandatory installs is the best way to go. anyone saying different doesnt know what they are talking about and does not understand computers(consoles are computers).

For you so called PC master race fanboys. Tell me if a mandatory install is needed for windows OS or apples OS? now explain to me how well those would work without a mandatory install.
i mean technically you could probably run it. but we know it would run like crap.

Sure it would be nice if COMPUTERS in general put more R&D into the lasers and what not. but thats not a console thing. thats a COMPUTERS in general issue. its not like Computers are sitting around with better lasers in them then consoles.

So back to reality. mandatory installs are the way to go. What we now need are larger hard drives at launch. and faster hard drives. and dont overcharge us either.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There really is no way to spin this in to a good thing. It's really going to be a problem in a year or two when there are tons of games out. Actually, this gen of consoles will look extremely outdated by 2016 for various reasons....

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
alright enough is enough of this foolishness.

Mandatory installs is the best way to go. anyone saying different doesnt know what they are talking about and does not understand computers(consoles are computers).

For you so called PC master race fanboys. Tell me if a mandatory install is needed for windows OS or apples OS? now explain to me how well those would work without a mandatory install.
i mean technically you could probably run it. but we know it would run like crap.

Sure it would be nice if COMPUTERS in general put more R&D into the lasers and what not. but thats not a console thing. thats a COMPUTERS in general issue. its not like Computers are sitting around with better lasers in them then consoles.

So back to reality. mandatory installs are the way to go. What we now need are larger hard drives at launch. and faster hard drives. and dont overcharge us either.

the bolded is what it comes down to. Larger and faster hard disk drives aren't even expensive anymore. But the average Joe doesn't know how to (or want to bother with) swap HDDs and install the OS

Sony and Microsoft are probably going to repackage future "slimmed" versions with 1TB storage or something.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
sure, just boot with these :troll:

IMG_19771.jpg

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
shyt just annoys me,finally got myself around to wanting to open evil within and play,pop the game in and forgot it has to install first :stopitslime:
Why would they give us such small hard dives when it's mandatory to install,did they not think of people filling them up in less then a year?

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I have 4% free space on my X1. The shyt is only a year old :mindblown:

Why and how the fukk does this even happen with "next-gen" consoles?

I should be able to download 100 full games at this point, but I don't even own 1digital copy of a game, except Warframe and whatever else has been free. Besides to trade in and it's cheaper, is there even really a point in physical copies anymore?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I have 4% free space on my X1. The shyt is only a year old :mindblown:

Why and how the fukk does this even happen with "next-gen" consoles?

I should be able to download 100 full games at this point, but I don't even own 1digital copy of a game, except Warframe and whatever else has been free. Besides to trade in and it's cheaper, is there even really a point in physical copies anymore?

There's always a need for physical copies... digital copies is too risky. for one you see now your needing a bigger hard drive to hold all the information, updates and patches and dlc... etc... Digital copies alot of times cant be resold back or you getting a refund because its corporate greed you brought it, it's your problem. Data can get corrupted. etc... I'd rather have a hard copy so I can lend it to my friend or buy it for cheap.

And yes I know MS was gonna be trading digital games but america doesnt have the highest speed internet infrastructure to do that on a mass level. not everyone has fios and shyt.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
There's always a need for physical copies... digital copies is too risky. for one you see now your needing a bigger hard drive to hold all the information, updates and patches and dlc... etc... Digital copies alot of times cant be resold back or you getting a refund because its corporate greed you brought it, it's your problem. Data can get corrupted. etc... I'd rather have a hard copy so I can lend it to my friend or buy it for cheap.

And yes I know MS was gonna be trading digital games but america doesnt have the highest speed internet infrastructure to do that on a mass level. not everyone has fios and shyt.

All you did was reiterate what I already said. My whole point is why have the physical copies if the mandatory installs are the same size as the full digital copies. I hate digital copies, hence why I said I don't own any unless they were free

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This isn't an issue on Xbox One where any 1+ Gb USB 3.0 hard drive can be used to expand storage. Not really an issue on the PS4 where the hard drive is user upgradeable. Bottom line stop being cheap. Blu-ray speeds are too slow to be a viable option.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Got a 2 TB drive to put in here and it won't read the update file off my USB. Says it can't find the right one and I know it's on there. :beli:

Waiting for customer support now. :snoop: