Mandatory installs is by far the worst "feature" of this gen.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Mandatory Installs was a horrible Idea i told that a$$hole meach... They should have spent most of that R&D money to enhance the laser and data burst transmission technology.... but no, they wanna focus all on the processors and shyt and play the shyt off the hard drive. But you see what happens when you dont have a gigantic hard drive? What happens when Elder Scrolls 6 / Fallout 4 comes out. how much space is that gonna take up huh? a$$holeS?!?!?

That's just not how it works though, breh.

Mandatory installs are a necessary evil unless companies are willing to break the bank on massive ram banks and $700 consoles.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
That's just not how it works though, breh.

Mandatory installs are a necessary evil unless companies are willing to break the bank on massive ram banks and $700 consoles.
All they need to do is break the bank on larger hard drives. That's my main gripe with the mandatory installs.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
All they need to do is break the bank on larger hard drives. That's my main gripe with the mandatory installs.
Then they would have to charge more for the machines.

As it is now though you can pay to have more storage for both major consoles.

So whats the difference?

Honestly 500 gb is enough for the casual gamer, and if its not then you can pay for more :manny:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Like I said earlier in the thread the installs aren't an issue. But there is now a real new issue and that's downloading patches that are several GBs large on these slow console gaming networks that can't max out your internet connection. FFXV had about a 7GB day one patch in addition to the install. It took over an hour to download.
Yea those patches allow them to release the game earlier though. Either download a patch for a couple hours. Or wait probably at least another month for release

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Then they would have to charge more for the machines.

As it is now though you can pay to have more storage for both major consoles.

So whats the difference?

Honestly 500 gb is enough for the casual gamer, and if its not then you can pay for more :manny:
Breh, as it stands, 8-10 games with patches is gonna fill up a 500 GB system. That's not even close to being enough, even for most casuals. That's supposed to last 5-7 years until the next systems come out?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps

I mean... I hear you but mandatory installs would still be mandatory (I'm sure you know this) they would just be less occasionally intrusive.

Also they need to mandate those larger hard drives are at least 7200 rpm.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Breh, as it stands, 8-10 games with patches is gonna fill up a 500 GB system. That's not even close to being enough, even for most casuals. That's supposed to last 5-7 years until the next systems come out?
You can delete games your not playing :manny:. You dont have to keep eveything installed for the 7 year life of the console. At no time in my life have i played 10 different games at the same time. 500gb is not great but its manageable if a person cant afford or doesnt want a bigger hd.

Personaly i got a 2tb that is half full, (with less than half the stuff ive bought installed) and i could easily delete half the stuff i have on it. If money was an issue, or i was given no choice, i could live with 500gb no problem.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its dumb

A game being unplayable out the box is crazy.

I'm expecting some kind of lawsuit soon. At least put on the box that a requires updates to play.

I actually have a friend that doesn't have the internet. (yeah those people exist) and its almost point less for him to buy most new games even buying the system was a pain.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Its dumb

I'm expecting some kind of lawsuit soon. At least put on the box that a requires updates to play.

I actually have a friend that doesn't have the internet. (yeah those people exist) and its almost point less for him to buy most new games even buying the system was a pain.
fortunately there is a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360 :troll:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its dumb

why the heck does your friend have a new console but no internet? :dahell:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why the heck does your friend have a new console but no internet? :dahell:

He's the old school hands on type, internet for him is like having a coffee maker for us, its nice but not needed. he enjoys video games from time to time tho

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its dumb

Most games are playable out of the box. The day one patch fixes bugs and sometimes adds stuff though.