Mandatory installs is by far the worst "feature" of this gen.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got a 2 TB drive to put in here and it won't read the update file off my USB. Says it can't find the right one and I know it's on there. :beli:

Waiting for customer support now. :snoop:

You put PS4.update or whatever in all caps?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have 4% free space on my X1. The shyt is only a year old :mindblown:

Why and how the fukk does this even happen with "next-gen" consoles?

I should be able to download 100 full games at this point, but I don't even own 1digital copy of a game, except Warframe and whatever else has been free. Besides to trade in and it's cheaper, is there even really a point in physical copies anymore?
Plug up an external hard drive to it then. Easy fix.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I bought 1TB external drive and am now like 65 games deep and still good. Granted some of them are XBLA but I'm still doing okay :yeshrug:

Because these games are so massive, mandatory installs are a must for load times. If these games were being read off the disc, it would take anywhere between 2-5 minutes to load a map on an FPS like COD, BF1, etc.

Last edited:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Arent thes mandatory installs to help loading times and shyt or nah?

Either way doesnt bother me one bit :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I bought 1TB external drive and am now like 65 games deep and still good. Granted some of them are XBLA but I'm still doing okay :yeshrug:

Because these games are so massive, mandatory installs are a must for load times. If these games were being read off the disc, it would take anywhere between 2-5 minutes to load a map on an FPS like COD, BF1, etc.
The majority of your games must be indies. If you had even 40 standard disc games, you'd be well over 1TB.

I understand the load times, but they need to up the storage on the hard drives. Some games are 50-70 GBs.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It'll be interesting to see how this is handled on the Switch. Using cartridges means that load times should not be an issue.
The bigger issue is AAA titles being broken on release and then needing gigantic patches to play

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
That is a dumb thread... Do you know how slow the read time is for blu ray discs ?:comeon:

:hubie: