Man Y'all...It's Not Lookin Good For This Pac Flick

CoCKy GeNiuS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not impossible to make a 2Pac Movie, its impossible to have a half way authentic one when u have people involved who Pac would of smacked the shyt out of.

Now if you can't read in between them lines he more than likely would of cussed u out and smacked u up too.

Last edited:

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
Tupac Resurrection is the movie I have always felt best represented Pac especially with it being in his own words. I feel there's no need for them to attempt I biopic on him after that. But it's Hollywood and they are all about their money so I have no doubt that this will release eventually.
Word, that's the only movie I need on Pac

phatphuck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how many rapper biopics have we had in the past? and apart from straight outta compton what else has been half decent?

smarten up brehs

Deutsche Bank

Some Of My Partners Dope Fiends Ha
Daps
Reppin
Hookers & Blow
GOOD LORD!!! Some of those White names haven't been in front of a camera in a MINUTE. Not only did you choose some of the whitest in Hollywood, but you chose Whites who have been moved down a level in Hollywood. Josh Hartnett as Mopreme? He'd kill it. Fran Drescher as Afeni? Amazing. All of their careers would be resurrected. And Tatum would make an awesome Biggie. Oh yeah, and they should cast Freddie Prinze Jr as Shock G. And James Van Der Beek as Haitian Jack. And Marc McGrath(the lead singer of Sugar Ray) as Jimmy Henchman.

:salute:
That should be the new wave. Biopics featuring people completely unqualified for the roles. Then we can have a Winston Churchill WWII biopic starring Boris Kodjoe as Churchill, Robert Townsend as Roosevelt, and John Witherspoon as Hitler.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Here's the difference, breh:

The biopics that you're pointing out have common threads which this Tupac biopic does not:

Ben Kingsley, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and Denzel Washington (hell, let's also throw in Angela Bassett, while we're at it ) are all seasoned thespians who won their parts - and who were then subsequently MADE to look like the people they were playing - chiefly because (a) they're all PROVEN method actors, (b) each had physical features already closely-enough matching those of the people whom they were playing so as to make their performances EFFECTIVE, and (c) those physical features, after then being properly costumed and made-up and such, only worked to complement and enhance the strong acting performances each gave AS respected actors. In those biopics, THOSE are the factors which made their portrayals credible....or put another way, EFFECTIVE.

To date, AIN'T no actor been able to do that as Tupac. Oh sure, cats may look like him...but then they're not seasoned actors. Or cats be seasoned actors (like Anthony Mackie)....but then they can't pull off the PERSONA, and thus instead their portrayals end up coming off lame (I know of NO ONE ALIVE who praised his portrayal of Pac in "Notorious", but DO know the gang of people who say the opposite, including cats on THIS site. And Anthony Mackie got acting chops, too, but the nikka didn't LOOK like Pac either). If there were, it's highly likely that you would have already seen a major studio attempt to cast him for this movie.

Now to your point....sure, you can MAKE any Tupac movie you WANT. But does that mean it's going to be an EFFECTIVE performance (there's that word again)? Especially if the actor playing the main character is a newcomer? Or don't LOOK like the main character? :stopitslime:

Keep it a whole RACK....if you go to see a biopic and the actor doesn't look anything like the person they're playing, that's not going to be as EFFECTIVE of a performance to the viewer, no matter how good the acting is. That's just basic common sense....nikka nobody wanna see Whoopi Goldberg playin Tina Turner. :martin:

So yes....I don't think it's likely that there's some actor out there who just so HAPPENS to look like Pac and then who just so HAPPENS to be a credible enough actor to pull off this role. That's my opinion.

Just DON'T make the shyt at ALL if you was gonna make some bootleg ass shyt. :camby:

Of course you have to have the right actor at the right time, X wouldn't have been a great movie if it was Bokeem Woodbine playing Malcolm or Jim Carrey playing Ghandi or Chris Rock playing Ali. But that doesn't mean you CANT make a film about those people. Cats on here saying it's impossible to make a Pac movie. NO - just THIS version is gonna be wack that's all.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Of course you have to have the right actor at the right time, X wouldn't have been a great movie if it was Bokeem Woodbine playing Malcolm or Jim Carrey playing Ghandi or Chris Rock playing Ali. But that doesn't mean you CANT make a film about those people. Cats on here saying it's impossible to make a Pac movie. NO - just THIS version is gonna be wack that's all.
Yeah....its gonna be hella wack.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
How could they fukk up the GOAT's story :mjcry:

bad enough pac from the biggie movie switched up and tried to battle eminem, decided that wasn't working then fukked around and became an avenger :whatmayne:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If u think Malcolm x was great u maybe dont know that much about Malcolm X....Many Pac fans know everything there is too know about Pac,and all the various crazy stories:wow:....So i think those fans realize it will be hard to make everybody happy,too many people thinking certain thimgs shouldve been included that wasnt.....and lets be clear pacs life had more highlights than muhammad ali /malcolm x and run ins with more famous people for obvious reasons

k0KlugL.gif