Man Y'all...It's Not Lookin Good For This Pac Flick

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Tupac Resurrection is the movie I have always felt best represented Pac especially with it being in his own words. I feel there's no need for them to attempt I biopic on him after that. But it's Hollywood and they are all about their money so I have no doubt that this will release eventually.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:upsetfavre:

Did you even read what I wrote? Or did you just come in here to spew the typical "Pac was just an entertainer YALL. D-D-DON'T COMPARE HIM TO MALCOLM!!" Imma say it again. Pac himself ISN'T the sacred calf. It's the folks that hold weight that would SUE THE LIFE out of the studios if they were to go in-depth into what Pac felt at the time towards those folks. The Afeni Estate would get sued by those hitters. It was already made known by the mainstream media WHO killed Malcolm, and WHY they killed Malcolm. Nothing about Spike Lee's Malcolm film was new info. A Pac film in this internet age in which there have been a thousand documentaries about his assassination and in which multiple people have been implicated would leave too much room for speculation, and too many people would being implicated in stuff. When you make a film about one of the biggest cold-cases in entertainment history, and alot of the folks who have been implicated are still big names in the entertainment industry, it's ALOT more difficult to make that film, than it is to make a film about an activist in which his killers have already been arrested. Unless you guys just want another Hip-Hop film in which Suge Knight(yet again) is made to be the scapegoat........

But be forreal who's toes did Spike Lee step on when he made the Malcolm X film? He was very cognizant of the waters he was treading.

:pachaha:

Exactly,how u got a Malcolm x movie and no Muhhamad Ali relationship,no farakhan:camby:...and quite frankly was malcol or ali played that well in they biopic:pachaha:?Denzel was denzel being denzel which is dope bjt not neccesarily Malcolm,and Will did his best but Ali is hard to play too....so maybe the answer is nome of the portrayls was tht good and Pacs wont be either because he is complex,and his distinctive attributes that make him pac,would be hard to capture all in one actor....so yes lets just keep it funky,pac is more complex to play than malcolm or ali:sas1:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
SBjvjpL.gif

ill be watching it to laugh at it :yeshrug:

then might cry :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know several people who are directly involved in the production of this flick, and they all say the same shyt: the production is a disaster, the script keeps getting reedited cause nobody's happy with it, Benny Boom ain't got no control over the talent, too much parlayin on the set and not enough acting....

Bottom line: expect this movie to be pretty BAD. Like, "Boring, Rainy Saturday That You Spend Watching PiranhaGator On SyFy Network" type of bad.

Hate it had to be Pac...but I been sayin for YEARS that they should never make a Pac movie, PERIOD. You'll never do that brotha's story justice, no matter who shoots it or who stars in it.

I kinda had a feeling that might happen.Too many amateur muthafukkaz talking bout "It's lit!!"..... like it was a party/club going experience instead of a serious movie shoot.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Low key genius, actually. With James Woods as Puffy, Channing Tatum as Biggie, Sarah Michelle Gellar as Faith, Ray Romano as Snoop Dogg, Christian Bale as Suge Knight, Josh Hartnett as Mopreme, and Fran Drescher as Afeni. Have One Direction play The Outlawz.
GOOD LORD!!! Some of those White names haven't been in front of a camera in a MINUTE. Not only did you choose some of the whitest in Hollywood, but you chose Whites who have been moved down a level in Hollywood. Josh Hartnett as Mopreme? He'd kill it. Fran Drescher as Afeni? Amazing. All of their careers would be resurrected. And Tatum would make an awesome Biggie. Oh yeah, and they should cast Freddie Prinze Jr as Shock G. And James Van Der Beek as Haitian Jack. And Marc McGrath(the lead singer of Sugar Ray) as Jimmy Henchman.

:salute:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

I kinda had a feeling that might happen.Too many amateur muthafukkaz talking bout "It's lit!!"..... like it was a party/club going experience instead of a serious movie shoot.

Looks like a Migos performance at some dusty nightclub before they got big, instead of a shoot for a Pac film....

:scust:

But I know nothing about making films.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always never liked the idea of making movie about Pac, I just don't see it...it's too hard. It's will be failed.

2Pac's documentary called "Resurrection" was so perfect when it was released in theaters.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
so people like Ghandi, Malcom X, Ray Charles, Ip Man, Muhammad Ali, Larry Flynt, etc have/had lives that were easy to convey in a "simple" 2 hour movie"? but Pac was soooo complex and sooooo unique that he just CAN"T EVER be duplicated in a movie?
Here's the difference, breh:

The biopics that you're pointing out have common threads which this Tupac biopic does not:

Ben Kingsley, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx and Denzel Washington (hell, let's also throw in Angela Bassett, while we're at it ) are all seasoned thespians who won their parts - and who were then subsequently MADE to look like the people they were playing - chiefly because (a) they're all PROVEN method actors, (b) each had physical features already closely-enough matching those of the people whom they were playing so as to make their performances EFFECTIVE, and (c) those physical features, after then being properly costumed and made-up and such, only worked to complement and enhance the strong acting performances each gave AS respected actors. In those biopics, THOSE are the factors which made their portrayals credible....or put another way, EFFECTIVE.

To date, AIN'T no actor been able to do that as Tupac. Oh sure, cats may look like him...but then they're not seasoned actors. Or cats be seasoned actors (like Anthony Mackie)....but then they can't pull off the PERSONA, and thus instead their portrayals end up coming off lame (I know of NO ONE ALIVE who praised his portrayal of Pac in "Notorious", but DO know the gang of people who say the opposite, including cats on THIS site. And Anthony Mackie got acting chops, too, but the nikka didn't LOOK like Pac either). If there were, it's highly likely that you would have already seen a major studio attempt to cast him for this movie.

Now to your point....sure, you can MAKE any Tupac movie you WANT. But does that mean it's going to be an EFFECTIVE performance (there's that word again)? Especially if the actor playing the main character is a newcomer? Or don't LOOK like the main character? :stopitslime:

Keep it a whole RACK....if you go to see a biopic and the actor doesn't look anything like the person they're playing, that's not going to be as EFFECTIVE of a performance to the viewer, no matter how good the acting is. That's just basic common sense....nikka nobody wanna see Whoopi Goldberg playin Tina Turner. :martin:

So yes....I don't think it's likely that there's some actor out there who just so HAPPENS to look like Pac and then who just so HAPPENS to be a credible enough actor to pull off this role. That's my opinion.

Just DON'T make the shyt at ALL if you was gonna make some bootleg ass shyt. :camby:

Last edited: