Man Y'all...It's Not Lookin Good For This Pac Flick

Infamous45

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Those who aren't afraid to be themselves.
k0KlugL.gif
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
these nikkas crazy :russ:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'm of the same opinion. There's too much shyt in Pac's life to put in a standard 2 hour film. Plus I've yet to see anyone who can match up to 2Pac character wise, he was just a one of a kind person. It was bound to fail.
:mindblown:

Nobody has ever matched up to 2pac character wise friend?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Is this the joint where pac is rapping off a notepad w no rhymes?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It wouldn't be difficult to find someone who is a brilliant actor, and somewhat resembles Pac, he doesn't have to BE Pac, just a reflection of his character, and what story the director wants to tell....A bio pic is a straight out bad idea, it becomes overwhelmed, rushed, or bloated, inscincere and pandering, just mildly entertaining, barely passable softball mainstream films like 'Straight Outta' at best.....Thats why I always say tighten the lens, tell the last 7 days of his life, call it '7 Days', give us Pac as a frenzied, paranoid, desperate man free falling into violence and darkness, seeking redemption....Show Vegas lights and brutal beating, the lights that blinded us all...I swear I may just write the screen play, if I had a half a mil or so, I could get that idea greenlit at a studio, it's an easy sell, and a low budget risk.......

AkilinaArina

All Star
Daps
:sas1: This is true. This for all the people saying "Why can they make a great Malcolm X film, but Pac's a sacred calf? What's so special about him, that isn't special about Malcolm?" it isn't so much that Pac is the sacred calf, it's just that the people that Pac beefed with(besides the street guys like Haitian Jack, Jimmy Henchman, and the Southside Compton Crips) are all still BIG names in the industry. And they all have lawyers, attorneys and whatnot who have the power to sue the LIFE out of the studios, or directors who would make a Pac film that would REALLY in-depth about the conflicts he had with other artist(including those on Death Row).

Fact of the matter is, SOOOOOO much info was leaked and shared via the internet age in late-90's/early-00's after 2Pacs death. When the Malcolm film came out, there were no internet forums in 1992 where everyday people can discuss the intricacies of Malcolms life, and theories about his assassination, the same way there was after Pac died. Bottom line, there's too much info and theories out there for people to be satisfied with a Pac film that is beholden to the politics of Hollywood and the music industry at large.

If Spike Lee cameout with that Malcolm X film TODAY, in the internet age, you think that film would be as well-received as it once was? In 1992, the fact that Malcolm X had a feature film made about his life, was enough. But today, I think folks would pick apart that film and say that Spike was trying to make the film palatable for a White audience.
If a Malcolm x movie came out today they would've been trying to add a batty man storyline in there just because of those conspiracies. Point taken.

AkilinaArina

All Star
Daps
They can make a good biopic but it would have to be treated as a story not a sequence of events leading up to pacs death. A story you know, themes, character development, tropes, foreshadowing, etc. an easy way to make this film get taken seriously is to highlight his black panther heritage, his mother being pregnant with him in prison while also defending herself and other panthers at the Panther 21 trial etc. there's just so much that can be done with such information.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
That should be the new wave. Biopics featuring people completely unqualified for the roles. Then we can have a Winston Churchill WWII biopic starring Boris Kodjoe as Churchill, Robert Townsend as Roosevelt, and John Witherspoon as Hitler.

Man, that would be hilarious :russ:

Black Hitler

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

How am i wrong?we talkin about a movie here keep in mind....i didnt say pacs life was more interesting,but we could all agree on what the highlights of malcolm and alis life would be if it had to be condensed into a movie....Pac had more highlights that could be captured on big screen,i aint talkin just to talk we can go hed up if you want:sas1:....if im wrong im wrong,but in terms of the big screen theres more to work with,to the point u couldnt please everybody....the fact people like Malcolm X that much as a movie tells us im correct....people would complain about all the shyt left out in a pac movie,bcuz theres no way u could touch it all without it being a mess:wow:....this movie looks like its attempting to do that.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
The sad thing about this is if it was done well, a tupac movie could easily be sweep the Academy Awards....including Best Screenplay, Best Actor, and Best Picture.

There are only really 8 people I feel that could do his life justice

Spike Lee
John Singleton
Quentin Tarantino
Michael Mann
Oliver Stone
Martin Scorcese
Christopher Nolan
Steve McQueen

Since none of them are on it and it's not handled like it is a real movie, it's doomed to fail. Sadly.