Man with the Iron Fists - Written/Directed/Starring RZA

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I think the editing was the issue on the fight scenes, too many close ups and quick cuts. The impossible stuff and wire work looked like a couple of the old Jet Li flicks style. The over-complicated moves and wire work...not unheard of in old school flicks.

i cant stand the fong sai yuk legend series from jet li, them sh1ts were aust awfull jet li legend fight scene1 - YouTube

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
i cant stand wu xia..those wire fu is not my cup of tea..maybe in zu warriors and one other golden harvest flick made in the early 80's? Duel to the death.

Yuen woo ping went batshyt crazy with that shyt and it was entertaining in wong fei hung 1 and 2 but got bored of it.

I was still surprised applied this shyt to his movie..

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I was expecting fight scenes along the lines of this from the rza :

[ame=http://youtu.be/BHSX850VgOE]The Best of Kung Fu: The weapons 1 - YouTube[/ame]

the fight choreographer is such a sh1tty fight choreographer he did the transporter and some other flick he has at least 2 good flicks under his belt, the other is mos def righting wrongs with yuen biao and cynthia rothrock i think if it wasnt for rzas intervention he saved this from being a complete tragedy

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Idk was it me or should gordon liu have been pai mei again? I wanted to see some cameos from sh1t i remember from the classics like a bruce lee imitator or beggar so-hi

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Idk was it me or should gordon liu have been pai mei again? I wanted to see some cameos from sh1t i remember from the classics like a bruce lee imitator or beggar so-hi

Gordan Liu was playing the Abbott IE 36 chambers of shaolin..that was a perfect tribute!

Wish the rza did something like robert tai did..i know it was nuts but still had top gung fu action!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
yall gotta remember RZA did this on a 20mil budget. I def thought he went a lil overboard on the close camera angles and cuts

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My only complaint is that the fight scenes lacked hand to hand/counters like old school flicks and it was missing the grunts and sound effects Kung Fu Sound Effects - YouTube

yall do remember that this is RZA's second martial arts movie? he also made Wu-Tang Vs. The Golden Phoenix which is exactly like what yall are suggesting, old school, hand to hand, low budget, no wires, only it hasn't been released and all the footage got pulled from youtube. I'm hoping he releases it as a DVD extra or something.

this story has a link to the preview: http://spicymoviedogs.com/1658/rzas-wu-tang-vs-the-golden-phoenix-is-here.html

As for Iron Fist, I loved this shyt, but I love wuxia so im cool.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Weekend Report: 'Ralph' Wrecks It, 'Flight' Cruises - Box Office Mojo

The Man with the Iron Fists debuted in fourth place with $7.9 million from 1,868 theaters. While that's about in line with what Universal Pictures was expecting, it's still on the lower end among comparable titles. The movie should do decent business overseas, at least, thanks to the stark visuals, kung fu action and presence of Russell Crowe, but it's still a domestic disappointment. The Man with the Iron Fists snagged a poor "C+" CinemaScore from an audience that was 64 percent male and 53 percent under the age of 30, and it should get crushed next weekend against direct competition from Skyfall.

1 N Wreck-It Ralph BV $49,038,712

2 N Flight Par. $24,900,566

3 1 Argo WB $10,209,103

4 N The Man with the Iron Fists Uni. $7,910,980

Daps
yall do remember that this is RZA's second martial arts movie? he also made Wu-Tang Vs. The Golden Phoenix which is exactly like what yall are suggesting, old school, hand to hand, low budget, no wires, only it hasn't been released and all the footage got pulled from youtube. I'm hoping he releases it as a DVD extra or something.

this story has a link to the preview: RZA’s Wu-Tang Vs The Golden Phoenix is Here! | Spicy Movie Dogs

As for Iron Fist, I loved this shyt, but I love wuxia so im cool.

:salute: thanks for this! I hope RZA drops this eventually...

gotta see the new flick this week RZA been feeding the young godz for centuries...

:shaq: a day to god is a thousand years...

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
i cant stand wu xia..those wire fu is not my cup of tea..maybe in zu warriors and one other golden harvest flick made in the early 80's? Duel to the death.

Yuen woo ping went batshyt crazy with that shyt and it was entertaining in wong fei hung 1 and 2 but got bored of it.

I was still surprised applied this shyt to his movie..

:ohlawd: This movie blew my fukking mind back in the day! I wonder if it's still that classic piff now?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:ohlawd: This movie blew my fukking mind back in the day! I wonder if it's still that classic piff now?

Duel to the Death is forever classic...These dudes somehow jumping off their swords to fly like a hundred yards into the middle of the lake for a tea...epic stuff for no damned reason.