Man with the Iron Fists - Written/Directed/Starring RZA

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
watched it last night and I loved it. The storyline was garbage, fight scenes were completely unrealistic, the ending was anti-climatic :ahh: just like an old school kung fu flick. My only complaint is that the fight scenes lacked hand to hand/counters like old school flicks and it was missing the grunts and sound effects

Last edited by a moderator:

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
I enjoyed the film. It was complete with lots of frentic energetic fighting scenes, spaghetti yarn schtick and a campy yet traditional martial arts story. I like how Rza's character was apart of the story but not the focal point. A little slow at times but overall very enjoyable.

That's my Abbott :to:

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Movie kinda sucked to me.

The plot was stupid. The fighting scenes weren't great. That afro :mindblown: Acting was bleh. I didn't like it. Wish I had went a saw "Flight" instead.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie kinda sucked to me.

The plot was stupid. The fighting scenes weren't great. That afro :mindblown: Acting was bleh. I didn't like it. Wish I had went a saw "Flight" instead.

LMAOOO same sentiments here...i was fukkin laughin throughout the whole movie cause of the ridiculousness...bruh that afro washed up on the beach had me fukkin dying....lmaooo

WuGambino

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched it last night and I loved it and people complaining about the story not making sense gotta remember that 2 1/2 hours was cut from the movie

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I understand complaining about the fight scenes...they left a bit to be desired, weren't bad but not as good as they could have been in a lot of scenes (the gemini fight scene was what every fight scene should have aimed to be like).

But this was a kung-fu movie...American or not it's a damned kung-fu movie, old school style at that. Complaining about the acting or the plot in a kung-fu movie is like doing the same for a grindhouse film. The more I think back to it, the more I chuckle at how on point it was for what it was going for.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I understand complaining about the fight scenes...they left a bit to be desired, weren't bad but not as good as they could have been in a lot of scenes (the gemini fight scene was what every fight scene should have aimed to be like).

But this was a kung-fu movie...American or not it's a damned kung-fu movie, old school style at that. Complaining about the acting or the plot in a kung-fu movie is like doing the same for a grindhouse film. The more I think back to it, the more I chuckle at how on point it was for what it was going for.

Having RUssell Crowe and Lucy Liu in the movie ups the curve as far as acting goes but aside from RZA (who should not have been in this movie at all; Michael Jai White should have had the lead role) I had no issues with the acting.
The fight scenes on the other hand were just unacceptable as a whole.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
the movie flat pissed me off b...

horrible choreography...no fukking exaggerated kung fu sound fx?....smh...damn RZA dropped the ball the more I think about it..

every kick had to be the most impossible type of kick....nikkas looking like they hanging from clothing lines on a stage...

just done allllll wrong...

shouldn't got Joseph Kuo to help or just completely over-sea the fight scenes

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Watched it last night and I loved it and people complaining about the story not making sense gotta remember that 2 1/2 hours was cut from the movie

:rudy:

I reviewed the movie I watched. RZA knew he wasn't making a 4hr movie. if he made his story too convoluted to fit, that's his fault

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
the movie flat pissed me off b...

horrible choreography...no fukking exaggerated kung fu sound fx?....smh...damn RZA dropped the ball the more I think about it..

every kick had to be the most impossible type of kick....nikkas looking like they hanging from clothing lines on a stage...

just done allllll wrong...

shouldn't got Joseph Kuo to help or just completely over-sea the fight scenes

I think the editing was the issue on the fight scenes, too many close ups and quick cuts. The impossible stuff and wire work looked like a couple of the old Jet Li flicks style. The over-complicated moves and wire work...not unheard of in old school flicks.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
LMAOOO same sentiments here...i was fukkin laughin throughout the whole movie cause of the ridiculousness...bruh that afro washed up on the beach had me fukkin dying....lmaooo

Exactly. I was sitting there like :beli:

:rudy:

I reviewed the movie I watched. RZA knew he wasn't making a 4hr movie. if he made his story too convoluted to fit, that's his fault

Pretty much. Dudes want people to make judgments off stuff they didn't see. :pachaha:

Allah

Pro
Daps
Reppin
way overproduced

the hair, makeup, costumes, and voices :wtf:

this is not kung fu :sadcam: