Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I'm not going to call anyone idiot but, people are misguided in saying blacks shouldn't sell their businesses.

We're not economically disadvantaged because one black guy sells his business, we're economically disadvantaged because we barely have any black entrepreneurs in the first place, so we're worrying about what one or two of them do instead of inspiring hundreds to start their own companies. You think whites are caring about some random white guy selling his company? Hell no. It's silly. There's nothing wrong with cashing out, becoming liquid. You can start more businesses. Elon Musk wouldn't be Elon Musk if he didn't sell his first company and use the money to finance other ventures.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
I'm not going to call anyone idiot but, people are misguided in saying blacks shouldn't sell their businesses.

We're not economically disadvantaged because one black guy sells his business, we're economically disadvantaged because we barely have any black entrepreneurs in the first place, so we're worrying about what one or two of them do instead of inspiring hundreds to start their own companies. You think whites are caring about some random white guy selling his company? Hell no. It's silly. There's nothing wrong with cashing out, becoming liquid. You can start more businesses. Elon Musk wouldn't be Elon Musk if he didn't sell his first company and use the money to finance other ventures.

exactly :pachaha:

but your average person don't get how business/investments work....they're dense as fukk :merchant:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
exactly :pachaha:

but your average person don't get how business/investments work....they're dense as fukk :merchant:

If Elon Musk followed the Coli's business advice, he'd still be running an online newspaper instead of being worth $12 billion dollars, creating the first global online payment system, chartering trips into space, blanketing cities with solar power and creating viable electronic vehicles. But hey, he would've never sold his company to cacs :pachaha:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I mean, how often do people say "Other races buy from their own" etc. Not saying that on the other hand, a great deal of the money that they spend amongst themselves comes
from our poor communities. Sure we could sell amongst ourselves, but the free-flowing cash clearly comes from those outside of the community.

The goal should be to bring it in and make our circulation n last longer.

Yep

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
So y'all ready to admit y'all were wrong or Nahh ?

Your man is in target and has more products coming out .

:umad:

Dude is smarter than y'all fukk up out his business .

Funny y'all told him to sell and in December they offered him 1.5 billion .

Black Owned Shaving Company "Bevel" Turns Down 1.5 Billion Dollar Buyout Offer From Industry Leader Gillette | Urban Intellectuals

Maybe he has a passion for men's razors or wants to build a competing brand for minorities, I don't know.

If that was me though....I would have sold faster than I could write this post.

I don't get people's logic with this. If dude could build Bevel to this level starting from $0....than what do you think one could do business wise with their share of $1.5 billion? Everybody has different viewpoints on this but, that's my viewpoint. Even if he only owned 10% of the company, $150 million would put him in a whole new playing field. If you can't build another business with that, you aren't meant to be in business. You don't even have to start a business from scratch. You could just buy a couple successful businesses that have proven revenue (i.e. like Bevel) and be just like a Cac :troll:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Them damn Clippers still aint Drop yet?

thought i was the only one waiting

not too enthused about the price point at $179 when i'm happy with $20 wahls and the $50 andis outliners

but for people who shave and cut their own hair I'm sure could be in a perfect price point (specifically if you're fading)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
thought i was the only one waiting

not too enthused about the price point at $179 when i'm happy with $20 wahls and the $50 andis outliners

but for people who shave and cut their own hair I'm sure could be in a perfect price point (specifically if you're fading)

Especially when Andis released some Wireless Joints for 60 bucks too. But I`m more so trying to support and these look quality, and I look that he mentioned that it doesnt require adjusting the blade which is something you have to always do with new Clippers.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Especially when Andis released some Wireless Joints for 60 bucks too. But I`m more so trying to support and these look quality, and I look that he mentioned that it doesnt require adjusting the blade which is something you have to always do with new Clippers.
Yea plus I heard too many mixed reviews on the andis wireless liners. The bevel trimmer supposed to be in stores for the holiday season