Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I see he dropped the pre order price, they were originally like 280. I`m going to wait until they drop before I cop.

lol, are you sure they were $280?

i seen them in preorders for 179 and now they are 199 never saw 280 that's absurd for basically a cordless razor with a built in dial setting.
for 179-199 i'd really need to see some youtube reviews first of it being a great product. Would hate to preorder something and it's garbage/not up to snuff

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
lol, are you sure they were $280?

i seen them in preorders for 179 and now they are 199 never saw 280 that's absurd for basically a cordless razor with a built in dial setting.
for 179-199 i'd really need to see some youtube reviews first of it being a great product. Would hate to preorder something and it's garbage/not up to snuff

I could be wrong, but swore it was well over 200. And I`ll wait until they are at Target because I can return em right away if they suck. I wouldn't take Youtube Reviews serious initially because they always get the stuff free so their reviews will be bias.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Especially when Andis released some Wireless Joints for 60 bucks too. But I`m more so trying to support and these look quality, and I look that he mentioned that it doesnt require adjusting the blade which is something you have to always do with new Clippers.

all depends on how the built in adjustment works, because that means you can't customize it and will rely on built in settings (which are more convenient to set).

but again, that can't be worth $100 alone. they said it has less vibration and gets hot less, which i know my andis outliners get hot ass fukk after like 5 minutes of lining myself up. but again $100 more?

definitely would wait for the 2nd prodution run, get the reviews in, and see if they can improve cost of product and hopefully lower price to something reasonable for the non-professionals

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I could be wrong, but swore it was well over 200. And I`ll wait until they are at Target because I can return em right away if they suck. I wouldn't take Youtube Reviews serious initially because they always get the stuff free so their reviews will be bias.

youtuber's haven't let me down, when they don't like a product (especially black people) they will definitely let you know.

i did see that the USA basketballteam got these trimmers in a gift bag

also, someone said out by the holidays? I thought the first batch was supposed to be in hands by spring 2016.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This

He could've easily had backup businesses, plans, products, etc., and started fresh just by flipping this one company.

Saving his bigger shyt and ideas for his next startup with a Billi in his back pocket

Easier said than done. If you've never done this then you can't really say it so "matter of fact-ly".

That's like saying "If he went to the superbowl this year, he can easily go again next year." When you know some players go to the SB once and NEVER go again.

In the case of Tristan's business, it is impressive that he grew his company to the $XXX Million dollar level with a product that is NOT proprietary. Gillette thinks its impressive too, and they know how difficult it is to do something like that, that's why they are trying to BUY HIM OUT verses creating a product to COMPETE AGAINST him.

I think Tristan did the right thing (as evidenced by the valuation increasing from $500M to $1.5 Billion).

Tristan clearly has a bigger vision for the company but yall don't realize that.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
I think I mentioned this before that I was classmates with his wife. Real cool nice young lady...gotdamn she won :mjcry:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Easier said than done. If you've never done this then you can't really say it so "matter of fact-ly".

That's like saying "If he went to the superbowl this year, he can easily go again next year." When you know some players go to the SB once and NEVER go again.

In the case of Tristan's business, it is impressive that he grew his company to the $XXX Million dollar level with a product that is NOT proprietary. Gillette thinks its impressive too, and they know how difficult it is to do something like that, that's why they are trying to BUY HIM OUT verses creating a product to COMPETE AGAINST him.

I think Tristan did the right thing (as evidenced by the valuation increasing from $500M to $1.5 Billion).

Tristan clearly has a bigger vision for the company but yall don't realize that.
bytch you actually THINK hes going to be able to"compete" with a company like gillette??? A billion dollar company thats offering him billions for his startup???

All i was saying is that yes... I would've took the money and started something else because most entreprenuers i know dont only have one Ace up their sleeve.

And i never said shyt "matter of fact-ly"... I said it's what i wouldve done personally. What he has done is impressive... I never discredited it.

All i'm saying is that i wouldve took the money and dumped them with a basic and hollow idea, cashed out, then I wouldve recreated something else (similar or not) with more of my original ideas behind it and continue to do my thing impressively. Basically playing the system

Like trading in a car that looks good but is a peice of shyt for something better but is unassuming.