Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Chris Morrow, what's your screen name or are you a Lurker from reddit or st0rmfr0nt?

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Indian company out here stealing the entire design and marketing of Bevel

Bombay Shaving Company | Welcome

this is why we need to support our own, this shyt right here. They literally copied the whole design and campaign

but also why we can't limit or audience to just a certain group of people.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps

this is why we need to support our own, this shyt right here. They literally copied the whole design and campaign

You should know motherfukkers from the middle and Far East do not have an original bone in their body. We'll consider martial arts but outside of a movie, that shyt will get you killed.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps

Got :damn:

Stole his whole business !

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I don't think ya'll understand how much he has riding on advertising right now:

tristan walker (@tristanwalker) on Twitter

Read the man's twitter. Its NOTHING but the mindset of someone focused on branding.

Ya'll need to wake up :mjpls:

I hope everyone with hopes for this is buying in:francis: Companies die every day, because business and race politics kinds fall apart
when you go from mom and pops to multi-million dollar valuations.

This thread prompted me to read up on Carol's Daughter and see what the big deal was:

While the owner overextended with the storefronts, she wanted to have actual brick and mortar spots for people to buy and learn how to use her products.
Ultimately, while she had a long run, sales slowed, and after bankruptcy, she took the L'oreal money.

A couple things:
-All of her products have cheaper alternatives on store shelves, and many of the products can be made in larger quantities just buying the ingredients.
-People were upset when she "sold out" yet where were they when the business wasn't running that well prior?

We don't just need any old businesses, we need CAPITAL. I admire his integrity, and while we in here:salute:and whatnot now, do we know where
the razors and products are being made? Does he have supply chain control? His Venture Capitalist money isn't all black.

Granted, even if he was offered 500m, not all of it would have went to him, but as stated, it could have seeded into other ventures, but people use emotions instead of
business sense. He may know exactly why its best to hold on (one reason might be potential higher valuation thanks to this news coming out) and he will sell it anyway,
or he will use this as leverage to try to extract more money from investors to put in to make the movement bigger.

I don't think people understand that when your business isn't unique (he caters to black customers, but mainly the people who aren't savvy about shaving hence the subscription)
it can be replaced in no time by copycats. If this was a company producing something that builds wealth, it would be important to hold onto it as much as possible, but does anyone
know how many employees he has? Where does the taxes go? etc etc. If we are looking at this from the "blacks need to hold onto businesses" perspective, you have to weigh
the benefits he provides with Bevel vs what he could do with 3-4 new projects he might start.

Not throwing shade on him, but its obvious most people haven't ran a business, and may be using the wrong logic for keeping this business in his hands.

Where is the proof Bevel was about to be bought out for a billion and is even worth that much? Why is it not on Forbes?I am sorry I don't trust some of these halfway blog websites.

So y'all ready to admit y'all were wrong or Nahh ?

Your man is in target and has more products coming out .

:umad:

Dude is smarter than y'all fukk up out his business .

Funny y'all told him to sell and in December they offered him 1.5 billion .

Black Owned Shaving Company "Bevel" Turns Down 1.5 Billion Dollar Buyout Offer From Industry Leader Gillette | Urban Intellectuals

Daps
Reppin
St louis
wat6rr.jpg

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So y'all ready to admit y'all were wrong or Nahh ?

Your man is in target and has more products coming out .

:umad:

Dude is smarter than y'all fukk up out his business .

Funny y'all told him to sell and in December they offered him 1.5 billion .

Black Owned Shaving Company "Bevel" Turns Down 1.5 Billion Dollar Buyout Offer From Industry Leader Gillette | Urban Intellectuals
:rocky:I never said he should sell. I was saying in the face of business, if he sold, he could do way more with the cash if he did. Most folks wanted him to keep the business so it would be black owned, not paying any attention to its long-term profitability. Thats why i brought up the Carol's daughter example to see why folks were citing it. She was going broke. If he was in the same position, he was well within his rights to sell if he could do better with the cash.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles

:snoop:

competition is gone be thick for the breh

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
:rocky:I never said he should sell. I was saying in the face of business, if he sold, he could do way more with the cash if he did. Most folks wanted him to keep the business so it would be black owned, not paying any attention to its long-term profitability. Thats why i brought up the Carol's daughter example to see why folks were citing it. She was going broke. If he was in the same position, he was well within his rights to sell if he could do better with the cash.

Carol daughter was probably mismanaged and is an example of great products and bad business operations. Selling it was the right move or at least trying to bring in people who could help

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Carol daughter was probably mismanaged and is an example of great products and bad business operations. Selling it was the right move or at least trying to bring in people who could help
I mentioned it in my other post. She experienced enough success initially that she opened a few brick and mortar shops to serve her customers directly. Unfortunately, the sales slowed
so much that she had to shutter stores and potentially close operations cause she was hemorrhaging money. "Big Money" comes around, buys into her business, keeps it from failing,
but people wanna talk about "black ownership" when they weren't supporting her when she was 100% black owned.

Businesses, even black owned, are not here to make us feel good. They are there to provide a product or service, not employment or talking points, and if you are not supporting them, they owe you nothing.

People got it fukked up.