Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope everyone with hopes for this is buying in:francis: Companies die every day, because business and race politics kinds fall apart
when you go from mom and pops to multi-million dollar valuations.

This thread prompted me to read up on Carol's Daughter and see what the big deal was:

While the owner overextended with the storefronts, she wanted to have actual brick and mortar spots for people to buy and learn how to use her products.
Ultimately, while she had a long run, sales slowed, and after bankruptcy, she took the L'oreal money.

A couple things:
-All of her products have cheaper alternatives on store shelves, and many of the products can be made in larger quantities just buying the ingredients.
-People were upset when she "sold out" yet where were they when the business wasn't running that well prior?

We don't just need any old businesses, we need CAPITAL. I admire his integrity, and while we in here:salute:and whatnot now, do we know where
the razors and products are being made? Does he have supply chain control? His Venture Capitalist money isn't all black.

Granted, even if he was offered 500m, not all of it would have went to him, but as stated, it could have seeded into other ventures, but people use emotions instead of
business sense. He may know exactly why its best to hold on (one reason might be potential higher valuation thanks to this news coming out) and he will sell it anyway,
or he will use this as leverage to try to extract more money from investors to put in to make the movement bigger.

I don't think people understand that when your business isn't unique (he caters to black customers, but mainly the people who aren't savvy about shaving hence the subscription)
it can be replaced in no time by copycats. If this was a company producing something that builds wealth, it would be important to hold onto it as much as possible, but does anyone
know how many employees he has? Where does the taxes go? etc etc. If we are looking at this from the "blacks need to hold onto businesses" perspective, you have to weigh
the benefits he provides with Bevel vs what he could do with 3-4 new projects he might start.

Not throwing shade on him, but its obvious most people haven't ran a business, and may be using the wrong logic for keeping this business in his hands.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing's wrong with him. He's just thinking smart / long term. There's lottery winners with more than 20 mil that go broke in less than 2 years.
Thats because they had no financial planning skills, and usually tricked the cash off. Its not the same as a businessman getting a windfall at all.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Man, some of these comments are stupid as fukk. "Couldn't of a been me, cuz I'da taken dat 500 miyon and beent off onto a new ventcha!!!" And then some of you turn around and bytch about black men not being able to get a fukking job. This is how you do it...OWN shyt!!!! Now he can hire other blacks at HIS company, and make products FOR black people. GOD DAMN!!

Came in here to say this...

nikkas in here still playing "big bank, little bank" while everyone else is playing "Civilization."

I need a better job :feedme: