☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I have no idea where you read that at. It's usually between 10-25%.

VCs actually want the founders to be successful and no one's gonna be incentivized to work had when the VC owns 80% of their company. Secondly, later stage investors would be highly turned off by a early stage investor owning 80% of the company.
But you have to remember that before a big VC like Andreessen Horowitz steps in, he's got other hands in the pot already

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

VCs actually want the founders to be successful and no one's gonna be incentivized to work had when the VC owns 80% of their company. Secondly, later stage investors would be highly turned off by a early stage investor owning 80% of the company.
You can always buy back the VC stake in the company. That's what a lot of them do.

But you have to remember that before a big VC like Andreessen Horowitz steps in, he's got other hands in the pot already
If I remember right, Horowitz is backing TW completely and watching this process like Dre with Eminem.

Last edited:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
knock yourself out with all the safety razor packages:

Premium Razor - Part of the Perfect Shave | The Art of Shaving

And its twice the cost because Bezel charges you for the subscription you fukking dolt :dead:

I said show me a company that has an end-to-end DE system, you have yet to do that. ARt of Shaving has blades, razors, and their have all the other pieces but not in a package. It's no different then going to walmart or amazon and ordering all these sets. So you're wrong yet again, why don't just stop and admit it.

Additionally, you have $120 package plus you add in the cheapest DE razor they have, (which they do not make by the way) for another $70 - you're at $190.

Did you even read the Bevel subscription? Rhetorical question, because I know you didn't. You can buy the kit and cancel the subscription any time. In fact 3 months of products and the kid goes for $90 bucks. That's $100 dollars cheaper than what you can put together at artofshaving, it's actually cheaper than the freaking soaps/brush/oil package you put up previous. How are you this dense, it's at a good price point, it's a end-to-end system that no one else is offering in the DE world, it HELPS prevent shavings bumps , which is a minority issue, and it gives you consultattions, content, instructions, etc etc that you aren't getting ANYWHERE else.

The products value proposition is unrivaled and price competitive - you're hating at this point because you've been proven wrong and you're so prideful because of your west african roots that your id only allows you to double down on your ignorance instead of admitting defeat.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
nikkas want dude to fail for some weird reason..shyt is sickening
Page after page smart dumb nikkas talking about "he should sell and start another company"
nikka why?? :dahell:
Do you muthafukkas know his stake in the company?? :usure:

This other dusty nikka is yapping about dude's business won't be around in a couple of years.. why the fukk are they trying to buy it then?
nikkas gonna be trying new shaving products 50 years from now..Gillette ain't fukking stupid,they know son is onto something
Y'all would have been saying the same shyt,if those Cacs offered him 100million or 250million

Nobody gives a fukk how poor you grew up..how many successful businesses have u started?
He knows what he's doing.. have a little faith African
Damn

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
This fakkit ass Indian Napoleon in here hating
It's always mofos who never ran a business in their life talking down

Yeah he a fakkit hating on everything black folk do because he's an envious and obsessed homosexual wannabe.
No guarantee he can get it to the billion dollar level. He royally fukked up.

Proctor will likely spend billions to destroy his brand and take his market share. At a certain point you have to sell to the big guys, or be prepared to go down with the ship. That's reality.

LOL! How the fucc can a white company take away the marketshare of a black-owned company marketing exclusively to his own people. Fucc outta here. And they know that, which is why they offered duke 500 M in the first place.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Imagine if he turns his company into Gillette though :lupe:

There are a potential 500 million consumers around the world those companies didn't give a fukk about before, that he now has the inside edge on.
Yup

I'm glad he see's the bigger picture. Tires of dudes just having an end goal to get paid with no other actual accomplishments.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

alot of VC's get paid regardless of if you fail or not, but most VC's if they see a good product will get in enough where they have a bit more control than 25%

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
500 mil.
40% goes to TW and his team.
After taxes and other expenses, he loses value to a degree and has to start over for the most part unless P&G put him on the board which they won't. Turning down this deal is his best chances to buy out a portion of what AH owns, get kickstarter money if he wanted to and get a line of credit as this company has proven recent value. He has a lot of options. At this time, holding especially in the infancy stage is a win.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
LOL! How the fucc can a white company take away the marketshare of a black-owned company marketing exclusively to his own people. Fucc outta here. And they know that, which is why they offered duke 500 M in the first place.

fairly easily, but the facdt is they don't want brand something under Gillete and call it a black shaving kit. I'm actually curious what htey would do if they bought him out, maybe retire his product all together

either his sales are alot better than people think or he is really prideful of his product. But as i said before, he has plans to open up the brand to a bunch of other products. I heard he might get into vitamin D pills (due to the deficiency in blacks)

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
fairly easily, but the facdt is they don't want brand something under Gillete and call it a black shaving kit. I'm actually curious what htey would do if they bought him out, maybe retire his product all together

either his sales are alot better than people think or he is really prideful

Meaning...

They can't do it. Okay then shut the fucc up.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Meaning...

They can't do it. Okay then shut the fucc up.

don't be stupid, they can easily do it and in fact I believe other "white" brands have done similar. You know like Wahl and Andis , but whoops you're right. White brands won't market to black people.

THe issue i'm pointing out is that labeling this under their umbrella makes it sound like their razors aren't every day men razors, which could cannabalize sales of their lucrative disposables.

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
I'm not saying the business is worth a billion, or even a half billion. What I'm saying is we need to maintain control of our businesses, our industries, our ideas...we're so quick to collectively sell out.

P&G or whomever can potentially squash homie like a cockroach...but that's where the onus comes on "us" as black consumers to support black business...Gillette, Bic, and a dozen other companies don't specifically target blacks, but all of a sudden when a seemingly new market opened up with us we should continue to support an organization who neglected us habitually, what part of the game is that?

Every other race supports their own, it's time for us to do the same.

Many people aren't able to decolonize their minds enough to see the big picture. They are viewing the world and business from a perspective that seeks to dominate, conquer, destroy, control, and oppress. And under that mindset, you do not create your own table that is more than sufficient enough to seat you, your family, your neighbors, and your community. You do not worry about passing your seat on to future generations. Instead, you chose to be a guest and sit at the tail end of someone else's table. You feast while you can with no thoughts of if your people will be able to eat in 50 years.