Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This is the coli..nikkas only thinking about all the p*ssy they gonna buy with 500million

Ol if it was me ass nikkas
Well it ain't muthafukka!
In fairness you could say that both way whether you're for him selling or not with that "Ol if it was me ass nikkas"

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm familiar with VC's taking x percentage of a company, but to flatly say that they have taken 60 and 80% without hard evidence is too pretentious for me.

I've read of some VC's only getting 25%. Once again, unless you've got information about the contract I think it would be better to err on the side of 'I don't know'.
Do you know how VC POWERHOUSES like Andreessen Horowitz work? :pachaha:

Theres no way Tristan owns any more than 50% of that company...especially for something like Bevel :dead:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
A DOUBLE EDGE RAZOR IS A MISNOMER!

ITS A SINGLE EDGE BLADE WITH A GUARD ON TOP OF IT!

ONE BLADE TOUCHES THE FACE AT A TIME :dead:

STOP CALLING IT "DOUBLE EDGED"...DOUBLE EDGED IS THAT FUSION shyt GILLETTE SELLS!!!

You're being dense as hell right now :mindblown: :dahell:

that's a multi-blade razor you idiot

it's double edges because it has two edges, front and back that's not a misnomer that's A LITERAL DEFINITION you're a fukk-tard , i can't believe you're this stupid and I just read someone said you were "smart"

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I'm familiar with VC's taking x percentage of a company, but to flatly say that they have taken 60 and 80% without hard evidence is too pretentious for me.

I've read of some VC's only getting 25%. Once again, unless you've got information about the contract I think it would be better to err on the side of 'I don't know'.
It's all about the investment and the investor. If you can get 25%, you probably got a lot of success already or your might be using an angel investor. There is a great chance TW doesn't own majority stake in his company.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
that's a multi-blade razor you idiot

it's double edges because it has two edges, front and back that's not a misnomer that's A LITERAL DEFINITION you're a fukk-tard , i can't believe you're this stupid and I just read someone said you were "smart"
It has two edges, one of which is in contact with the skin.

And is no better than a straight razor.

just because it has a cap on it as a guard doesn't change the angle of attack with the face. I've used DE razors for some of my youth and they were never effective with anything.

Either way, any black man claiming a DE blade works is lying to themselves or overstating the experience. This is nothing new under the sun.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
its in the package you dumbass :dead:

Goddamn you dudes don't even get out of the house

The Art of Shaving has been doing this shyt for over a decade now and you're acting like you just discovered this shyt :heh:

it's not in the package!!!

the package you posted is $120 dollars and comes with the following

Features:

• (1) Unscented Pre-Shave Oil (2 oz)
  • (1) Unscented Shaving Cream (5 oz)
  • (1) Black Pure Badger Shaving Brush
  • (1) Unscented After-Shave Balm (3.3 oz)

there is no razor in the package and it's twice the cost of the BEZEL product

every comment you've made has been 100% wrong, litearlly every thing you said I've completely rebutted and fairly easily at that, because you don't know what you're talking about

it's a common theme in the past hour or so with you.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
So he's supposed to turn down a half a billion dollars and bank on word of mouth w/ black barbers to magically boost sales when P&G and their distribution/manufacturing resources are on his head now?

Now I understand why so few blacks reach that top level of business. This thread exposed a lot.

I'm done here.

Cool.

I completely understand you...but is this really the fight he wants to put up?

Some razors that everyone's got?

Some brushes, creams, ointments, etc that everyone else has? Just because its marketed to blacks?

I mean, stay in your lane and develop your brand if you really think its worth it, but if P&G is coming for you, buckle up.

@Momentum

This is the type of response I was looking for. It's all a matter of perspective.

Most businesses start with a simple product or concept and build from there. His product just happens to be hundreds of years old.

I think the brother is on to something. He may never make it to a 500 million dollar level. He may get crushed by the big boys. I think it's more important that we have black owned businesses.

Because, one black owned business paves the way for another black owned business. Do I expect black barbers alone to support this company, no. I expect other outlets to work in concert to support one another, barbers included.

P&G amongst others is not in the business of empowering blacks, not should they be. We should do that ourselves.

And personally, aside from group economics, I think and hope the future of business is in niching, and not exclusively in the hands of big business.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
It has two edges, one of which is in contact with the skin.

And is no better than a straight razor.

just because it has a cap on it as a guard doesn't change the angle of attack with the face. I've used DE razors for some of my youth and they were never effective with anything.

Either way, any black man claiming a DE blade works is lying to themselves or overstating the experience. This is nothing new under the sun.

so you just said for the past 2 pages, it has one edge...now you're saying it has 2 edges, isn't that a double edge

if i have two scoops of ice cream , isn't that a double scoop

if i have two jump ropes and two people twirling them isn't that double dutch

if i hit the ball and step on 2 bases isn't that a double

if my blade has two edges, isn't it double edge

lmfao

DE blades took a back seat like stovetop popcorn for more easily used manual razors or electriic razors, which have eaten mens faces up. Time is now to go back to DE razors which your granddaddy used back in the 1940's and had a clean face with it. Learn how to shave like a man.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
it's not in the package!!!

the package you posted is $120 dollars and comes with the following

Features:

• (1) Unscented Pre-Shave Oil (2 oz)
  • (1) Unscented Shaving Cream (5 oz)
  • (1) Black Pure Badger Shaving Brush
  • (1) Unscented After-Shave Balm (3.3 oz)

there is no razor in the package and it's twice the cost of the BEZEL product

every comment you've made has been 100% wrong, litearlly every thing you said I've completely rebutted and fairly easily at that, because you don't know what you're talking about

it's a common theme in the past hour or so with you.
knock yourself out with all the safety razor packages:

Premium Razor - Part of the Perfect Shave | The Art of Shaving

And its twice the cost because Bezel charges you for the subscription you fukking dolt :dead:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
so you just said for the past 2 pages, it has one edge...now you're saying it has 2 edges, isn't that a double edge

if i have two scoops of ice cream , isn't that a double scoop

if i have two jump ropes and two people twirling them isn't that double dutch

if i hit the ball and step on 2 bases isn't that a double

if my blade has two edges, isn't it double edge

lmfao

DE blades took a back seat like stovetop popcorn for more easily used manual razors or electriic razors, which have eaten mens faces up. Time is now to go back to DE razors which your granddaddy used back in the 1940's and had a clean face with it. Learn how to shave like a man.
I really feel like you know nothing about what the skin is, how it works, or any mechanisms relayed to the physics of shaving :dead:

You're fukking lost :heh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I'm so happy about this I dapped almost every post on the first page.

All of yall saying you would sell is why we don't have shyt as black people. We need to build things for ourselves and our community. I'm happy this man understands this. Even if he does sell later on down the line, I'm sure he could make more money. There's a whole continent full of men with coarse hair, and many in countless other countries as well. I'm :ohlawd: at the potential. Truly black excellence. I may buy some of his products for some men I know, or for myself and place them in a box on a mantle highlighting this black man making moves in the world.

:blessed: :salute:
Nah bold is bullshyt. We don't have shyt because most people don't do shyt that resembles a business just love stories like this but do nothing to replicate it. That's why we don't have shyt so stop the bullshyt

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
That's how venture capitalism works, they take the risk and can get anywhere from 60-80%.

I have no idea where you read that at. It's usually between 10-25%.

VCs actually want the founders to be successful and no one's gonna be incentivized to work had when the VC owns 80% of their company. Secondly, later stage investors would be highly turned off by a early stage investor owning 80% of the company.