Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
thats like saying praying doesn't work because you don't pray hard enough

This is NO BETTER than any other DE razor with a guard on it. Theres tons of them on the market. Stop playing dumb.

1. horrible analogy of course it's you , so not expecting much.

2. You're reiterating what I already told you wrt this isn't new technology

3. All DE razors have guard combs on them, so how could it be "no better". That's like saying a Honda is no better than any other car with wheels on it.. Shows you don't know what you're talking about again.

4. show me a company that has DE razors with the full package such as this. As i said before it's no different than gym memberships or netflix. He provides a beautiful all in one package with the ease ordering from home. If you're a novice it's perfect and other DE razors you can't go to their site nor get instruction packs on how to use each products and learn to shave.

You're looking it from an infantile approach and not from a an acute educated persons view point. I'll throw another analogy out there, Dell computers. Me, I built every computer I owned - others need someone to package all this stuff for them and send them . There's a difference and you too dense to understand that.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
JJ McCorvey did an in-depth interview on Tristan Walker in Fast Company, November 2014. Said he raised $9.3 million through venture capitalists and highlighted the difficulties for blacks to get funding.

Tristan Walker: The Visible Man
I was aware that he got some of his money from VC's but Warren reporting that the VC's owned 60% of the company is what I was asking about in particular.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying the business is worth a billion, or even a half billion. What I'm saying is we need to maintain control of our businesses, our industries, our ideas...we're so quick to collectively sell out.

P&G or whomever can potentially squash homie like a cockroach...but that's where the onus comes on "us" as black consumers to support black business...Gillette, Bic, and a dozen other companies don't specifically target blacks, but all of a sudden when a seemingly new market opened up with us we should continue to support an organization who neglected us habitually, what part of the game is that?

Every other race supports their own, it's time for us to do the same.
:snoop:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
In all fairness, Tristan has a lot of VC support in the valley. Most ppl don't have that and hardly any Black ppl do.

Tristan wants to help other Black entrepreneurs as well. I been trying to get barbers to switch to Bevel. Told them about how it reacts to Black skin they were receptive. Tristan sub. program is what was holding him back but he's started to loosen up on that. Barbers want to pay and not pay monthly. I get it.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
While your right, Silicon is putting their were not racist, look at Tristan chips on his success. He was a superstar at foursquare and he's a heck of a business talent. Betting on him is an easy thing. To think he played Basketball and made it through school like many of us coli folks. A true success story. He busted his ass.
Yah... I completely see it and I agree with you.

I'm glad he made his cash, but he should set this one out man. I really do.

I don't see it ending well for him trying to carve a lane out here.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
thats like saying praying doesn't work because you don't pray hard enough

This is NO BETTER than any other DE razor with a guard on it. Theres tons of them on the market. Stop playing dumb.
Naw, this is specifically tailored to Black skin. This ain't like other razors breh.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In all fairness, Tristan has a lot of VC support in the valley. Most ppl don't have that and hardly any Black ppl do.

Tristan wants to help other Black entrepreneurs as well. I been trying to get barbers to switch to Bevel. Told them about how it reacts to Black skin they were receptive. Tristan sub. program is what was holding him back but he's started to loosen up on that. Barbers want to pay and not pay monthly. I get it.

So he's supposed to turn down a half a billion dollars and bank on word of mouth w/ black barbers to magically boost sales when P&G and their distribution/manufacturing resources are on his head now?

Now I understand why so few blacks reach that top level of business. This thread exposed a lot.

I'm done here.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm not saying the business is worth a billion, or even a half billion. What I'm saying is we need to maintain control of our businesses, our industries, our ideas...we're so quick to collectively sell out.

P&G or whomever can potentially squash homie like a cockroach...but that's where the onus comes on "us" as black consumers to support black business...Gillette, Bic, and a dozen other companies don't specifically target blacks, but all of a sudden when a seemingly new market opened up with us we should continue to support an organization who neglected us habitually, what part of the game is that?

Every other race supports their own, it's time for us to do the same.
I completely understand you...but is this really the fight he wants to put up?

Some razors that everyone's got?

Some brushes, creams, ointments, etc that everyone else has? Just because its marketed to blacks?

I mean, stay in your lane and develop your brand if you really think its worth it, but if P&G is coming for you, buckle up.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
JJ McCorvey did an in-depth interview on Tristan Walker in Fast Company, November 2014. Said he raised $9.3 million through venture capitalists and highlighted the difficulties for blacks to get funding.

Tristan Walker: The Visible Man

I'm actually bout to be a part of a non profit vc fund just for black businesses. Ima drop the link by the end of the year:youngsabo:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
You posting videos of white dudes with straight hair :dead:

Fam, I know my hair better than you. Are you even black? :heh:

I've got that straight out of West Africa nap going on. TRUSSSSSSST ME on this.

Razors are the black man's worst enemy. Theres no attack-angle or blade quality or guard or ointment in the world to save you outside of sheer physics of dragging a blade across a man's face.

In-grown hairs are GOING to happen as a result of the mechanics involved when you shave that close to the skin. Shaving is innately unnatural so when you have naturally curly hair there is VERY little you can do, which is why clippers are so important.

Even black men in the military get deferments from super close shaves under Pseudofolliculitis barbae etc. :ufdup:

you don't even know what your'e talking about. Proper technique and the right razor is the cure to 75% of black men's problems. YOu just said use a chemical or electric razor, which does the same thing. THe chemical can cause hair to grow ingrown just as well as an electric razor can.

Black men in the military do get shaving waivers, because they don't know how to shave. Plus in basic training you aren't given enough time to shave correctly, you're given a pack of cheap razors and shaving gel and told to shave in 2 minutes. SMH

you really haev no idea what you're talking about and in well over your head, I think I'll just stop responding as you're making literally no sense. Just shooting your mouth off as usual.

YOu talking about WEstern African naps, which only tells me you don't know how to hydrate your hair properly - running around with dry ass hair talking about it's because you're african. No, it's because you're fatherless and don't know how to take care of yourself.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Naw, this is specifically tailored to Black skin. This ain't like other razors breh.
Thats where you're wrong.

Theres nothing unique about this razor you couldn't buy from The Art of Shaving at your local mall or any place that sells the heavy duty straight edge, single blaze razors.

Black skin, more so the hair is inherently keen to ingrown hair...and as such, theres no way you can truly shave like the white boys...EVER with a blade. Theres ways to lessen the effect by "raising the hair" via creams that suspend the hair in those shaving creams, but ultimately th problem is with close shaves and the hair ends curling prematurely back into the top layer of the skin

Its simple biology. Stop being fooled by marketing tricks...which is what Bevel is. Its black owned, AND I SUPPORT IT...but don't overstep what this thing truly is.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
So he's supposed to turn down a half a billion dollars and bank on word of mouth w/ black barbers to magically boost sales when P&G and their distribution/manufacturing resources are on his head now?

Now I understand why so few blacks reach that top level of business. This thread exposed a lot.

I'm done here.
Tristan don't really need that. In all fairness, if this works out, TW has a multi billion dollar industry cornered and it's not like TW can't get the funding and solid distribution on a low level. I feel TW on this. If anything, turning down this deal is great pub. It clearly means his company is valued at 500 mil. That might attract barbers and everyday Black folks to buy his product even more or at least be aware of it.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
you don't even know what your'e talking about. Proper technique and the right razor is the cure to 75% of black men's problems. YOu just said use a chemical or electric razor, which does the same thing. THe chemical can cause hair to grow ingrown just as well as an electric razor can.

Black men in the military do get shaving waivers, because they don't know how to shave. Plus in basic training you aren't given enough time to shave correctly, you're given a pack of cheap razors and shaving gel and told to shave in 2 minutes. SMH

you really haev no idea what you're talking about and in well over your head, I think I'll just stop responding as you're making literally no sense. Just shooting your mouth off as usual.

YOu talking about WEstern African naps, which only tells me you don't know how to hydrate your hair properly - running around with dry ass hair talking about it's because you're african. No, it's because you're fatherless and don't know how to take care of yourself.
Boy oh boy :snoop:

You really just refuse to believe a guy who knows himself better than you, huh? :heh:

Razors are NOT good for black men. They were never intended to be. We wouldn't even be shaving if it wasn't for European standards of appearance, but thats another story entirely.

Fact remains, that theres only ways to lessen the effects but you truly think your insular case negates the thousands of men going to dermatologists looking to escape the simple truth that shaving black coarse and curly hair is inherently problematic.