Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
You people aren't looking at the long run.

Blacks are overrepresented when it comes to consumer product consumption but under serviced when it comes to products specifically dedicated to the black consumer. This is a company that could potentially have a billion dollar valuation 10 years from now. With the equity he already has in the company, you are looking at a future billionaire.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
a few things

1. I've seen more marketing for this for razor bumps then any other company, and black people aren't the only people that suffer from razor bumps

2. Old is back in. The whole thing he's doing isn't new. Double Edge Razors have been out, Merkur, Edwin Jagger, etc etc german engineered all are improvements to the shaving game and help prevent razor bumps. But they don't market themselves to the everyday man or simplify the process as easily as Bevel seems to do it.

3. the DE razor he has is boss...even old schoolers think his razor looks cool.

4. his subscription service is really for those too lazy to research and figure out how to DE shave on their own. It's no different then someone getting a gym membership instead of investing in weights at home or people who get NETFLIX when basically everything is free on the internet with a bit of searching.

So yeah, you're fairly wrong about the value prop of this product and brand.
I'm SUPER prone to razor bumps so i'm a very discerning customer when it comes to this shyt

I think the value proposition here is only in the customer marketing to black men/curly haired men...the items themselves aren't new or novel or even that effective.

The best option for men of color to prevent razor bumps still remains a very close electric clipper AND/OR magic shave or another depilatory.

Did you really make an argument with "how cool a double edge razor" looks? :stopitslime:

Son, its a SINGLE RAZOR...on both ends :dead: Thats it! :heh:

Are you serious????????? :dahell:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
THERE IS NO BILLION DOLLAR CAP ON THIS MODEL! :heh:

All he is doing is flipping razors and creams. Which he isn't even the best at. Dollar Shave is.
Dudes really ain't getting it :heh:

But hey, his customer base is only thing he brings to the table. Until he makes his own blades or owns his means of production instead of paying some chinese bottler or something, then...:manny:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I'm SUPER prone to razor bumps so i'm a very discerning customer when it comes to this shyt

I think the value proposition here is only in the customer marketing...the items themselves aren't new or novel or even that effective.

The best option for men of color to prevent razor bumps still remains a very close electric clipper AND/OR magic shave or another depilatory.

yeap, you don't know what you're talking about.

so you're advising guys to use a chemical solution that potential have carcigens and/or "a close electric clipper" which could still cause razor bumps vs Double Edge razor which is if used correctly give you a hygienic way to get a close shave and prevent razor bumps?

the items aren't new but to say they aren't effective is pretty much accurate. So men it won't work for regardless , others don't know how to shave and if they put the time into learning they would get a better shave from a DE razor.

you're basically comparing dollar club to an actual quality razor, blade, and cream

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You people aren't looking at the long run.

Blacks are overrepresented when it comes to consumer product consumption but under serviced when it comes to products specifically dedicated to the black consumer. This is a company that could potentially have a billion dollar valuation 10 years from now. With the equity he already has in the company, you are looking at a future billionaire.
the delusion :dead:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
To all the black people saying they would sell, that attitude is the reason why blacks are at the bottom of the financial ladder.

1.The more black business we own the more oppurtunities we have to recycle black dollars and build our community

2.The more black business we own the lower our unemployment will be. Countless studies have been done about people hiring other races more, even when we have more expereince and more eduction

3.The more black business we own the larger our network of black businesses there will be for b2b(business to business)

I'm so sick of reading this.

Son....if you can start a business with no money out of your mom's basement....why can't you start another business after you're rich?

You're making NO sense.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
yeap, you don't know what you're talking about.

so you're advising guys to use a chemical solution that potential have carcigens and/or "a close electric clipper" which could still cause razor bumps vs Double Edge razor which is if used correctly give you a hygienic way to get a close shave and prevent razor bumps?
Yep.

If you want the closest shave as a black man with VERY curly and coarse hair...you have the choice of a pair of T-liners OR a depilatory

Yep.

A DE razor will cause you to bump WAY up and I challenge you to prove me wrong on this. :pachaha:

You're really delusional thinking this thing changes anything for black men. It doesnt. Straight edge razors existed for decades.

And stop calling it Double Edged. Its a single razor :pachaha:

the items aren't new but to say they aren't effective is pretty much accurate.
yep. :heh:
So men it won't work for regardless , others don't know how to shave and if they put the time into learning they would get a better shave from a DE razor.

you're basically comparing dollar club to an actual quality razor, blade, and cream
Quality razor? Really?

Creams? :francis:

If thats the case, take the P&G money and bounce cause you ain't about to create a new alloy metal or something :heh:...he'd have done it already :pachaha:

But hey, again, this is just marketing. Take the money before you get exposed :ufdup:

I'm telling ya'll. He made it...and he should have cashed out.

Its black owned, and i'll support it, and him, but...c'mon now...ya'll talking super reckless right now.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
i didn't want to make a new thread on this news. just adding some business excellence info to this thread

Real Estate News
August 18, 2015

Peebles pulls out of Miami Beach condo project
IMG_DETheBathClubEstates_2_1_UT2RSG59_L73507425

A rendering of the Bath Club Estates. Developer Don Peebles has decided to sell the land instead of building an ultra-luxury condo.
By Nicholas Nehamas

nnehamas@MiamiHerald.com

Developer Don Peebles is pulling out of an ultra-luxury condo project he had planned for an oceanfront property in Miami Beach.

Peebles has put the small lot at 6747 Collins Ave., on the market for an undisclosed price, a spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday. The original plan for the project, called the Bath Club Estates, was to build a 15-story tower with just 13 units, including a 9,000-square-foot penthouse marketed for $50 million.

Developer Don Peebles poses in the Britto restaurant at his Royal Palm Hotel on Miami Beach in 2004 C.W. GRIFFIN/HERALD STAFF C.W. GRIFFIN/HERALD STAFF
    But spokeswoman Adriana Aragon said that Peebles ultimately decided the North Beach lot, which has less than an acre of land, was too small.

“The project as developed ... would be less than 100,000 salable square feet,” Aragon wrote in a statement. “This is smaller than anything we’ve developed since 1987.” She pointed out that another Peebles project in Miami Beach, the Residences at the Bath Club, offered 400,000 salable square feet.

Property records show that a company now controlled by Peebles paid $4.6 million for the Bath Club Estates land in 2010. It’s one of the last vacant oceanfront lots in Miami Beach.

The blog Next Miami first reported Peeble’s decision to sell.

The developer has previously expressed concern that Miami’s real estate market is cooling.

“This market is in for a leveling off, where it will get quiet ... Projects under construction will be built, but then there will be a slowdown,” Peebles said at a conference in June, according to the Real Deal.

Peebles got his start in real estate in Miami but has recently focused more attention on Washington, D.C., and New York City. His Peebles Corporation also develops in San Francisco, Boston and Philadelphia.

Read more here: Peebles pulls out of Miami Beach condo project

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bought up Bevel in the mens grooming thread. Some nikka said it wasn't shyt.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Yep.

If you want the closest shave as a black man with VERY curly and coarse hair...you have the choice of a pair of T-liners OR a depilatory

Yep.

A DE razor will cause you to bump WAY up and I challenge you to prove me wrong on this. :pachaha:

You're really delusional thinking this thing changes anything for black men. It doesnt. Straight edge razors existed for decades.

And stop calling it Double Edged. Its a single razor :pachaha:

yep. :heh:

Quality razor? Really?

Creams? :francis:

If thats the case, take the P&G money and bounce cause you ain't about to create a new alloy metal or something :heh:...he'd have done it already :pachaha:

But hey, again, this is just marketing. Take the money before you get exposed :ufdup:

I'm telling ya'll. He made it...and he should have cashed out.

Its black owned, and i'll support it, and him, but...c'mon now...ya'll talking super reckless right now.

it's not a single razor it's a double edged or safety razor. Double edged because it has two sides , safety razor because it has a guard to keep the blade somewhat off the skin. Which is why if used CORRECTLY, will give you razor bump free shaves.

You can get razor bumps from clippers, which is what use to happen to me - i still get bumps using my DE razor but as I get my technique down they decrease. I literally only get bumps on the left side of my neck, if I'm not careful.

LOL @ your horrible and lazy options. Black men were shaving since africa and razor bumps weren't in issue until the electric razor and the multiple blade razors came along.

won't comment on the rest, you're a know nothing - can't argue with you, it's like argue with the dining room chair.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
i didn't want to make a new thread on this news. just adding some business excellence info to this thread

Real Estate News
August 18, 2015

Peebles pulls out of Miami Beach condo project
IMG_DETheBathClubEstates_2_1_UT2RSG59_L73507425

A rendering of the Bath Club Estates. Developer Don Peebles has decided to sell the land instead of building an ultra-luxury condo.
By Nicholas Nehamas

nnehamas@MiamiHerald.com

• Developer Don Peebles is pulling out of an ultra-luxury condo project he had planned for an oceanfront property in Miami Beach.

Peebles has put the small lot at 6747 Collins Ave., on the market for an undisclosed price, a spokeswoman confirmed Tuesday. The original plan for the project, called the Bath Club Estates, was to build a 15-story tower with just 13 units, including a 9,000-square-foot penthouse marketed for $50 million.

Developer Don Peebles poses in the Britto restaurant at his Royal Palm Hotel on Miami Beach in 2004 C.W. GRIFFIN/HERALD STAFF C.W. GRIFFIN/HERALD STAFF
    But spokeswoman Adriana Aragon said that Peebles ultimately decided the North Beach lot, which has less than an acre of land, was too small.

“The project as developed ... would be less than 100,000 salable square feet,” Aragon wrote in a statement. “This is smaller than anything we’ve developed since 1987.” She pointed out that another Peebles project in Miami Beach, the Residences at the Bath Club, offered 400,000 salable square feet.

Property records show that a company now controlled by Peebles paid $4.6 million for the Bath Club Estates land in 2010. It’s one of the last vacant oceanfront lots in Miami Beach.

The blog Next Miami first reported Peeble’s decision to sell.

The developer has previously expressed concern that Miami’s real estate market is cooling.

“This market is in for a leveling off, where it will get quiet ... Projects under construction will be built, but then there will be a slowdown,” Peebles said at a conference in June, according to the Real Deal.

Peebles got his start in real estate in Miami but has recently focused more attention on Washington, D.C., and New York City. His Peebles Corporation also develops in San Francisco, Boston and Philadelphia.

Read more here: Peebles pulls out of Miami Beach condo project

that condo would have been pimp but yeah there's like 100 new projects in brickell and downtown alone - when they build this new mall in brickle and downtown i expect the real estate market to level off vastly.