Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Funny to hear these guys pretend as if the company can't grow its market share or expand to new markets.

A bunch of do nothings pretending to know more than they possibly can.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
it's not a single razor it's a double edged or safety razor. Double edged because it has two sides , safety razor because it has a guard to keep the blade somewhat off the skin. Which is why if used CORRECTLY, will give you razor bump free shaves.

You can get razor bumps from clippers, which is what use to happen to me - i still get bumps using my DE razor but as I get my technique down they decrease. I literally only get bumps on the left side of my neck, if I'm not careful.

LOL @ your horrible and lazy options. Black men were shaving since africa and razor bumps weren't in issue until the electric razor and the multiple blade razors came along.

won't comment on the rest, you're a know nothing - can't argue with you, it's like argue with the dining room chair.
thats like saying praying doesn't work because you don't pray hard enough

This is NO BETTER than any other DE razor with a guard on it. Theres tons of them on the market. Stop playing dumb.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Funny to hear these guys pretend as if the company can't grow its market share or expand to new markets.

This is the product:

PHOTO ESSAY: His First Bevel Shave

PHOTO ESSAY: His First Bevel Shave
JANUARY 22, 2015
IMG_8426-copy-1060x706.jpg

Words and photography by Carl McKinney

My friends Marshall and Keith are both new to blade shaving and as a long time user of Bevel I was ecstatic to lend my experience during their first shave attempt – let alone first shave attempt with a safety razor.

We coordinated a meet up and I took the resulting images during the time together. They were shot to provide a point of view that a curious potential patron may not commonly see- another man’s first time shaving with Bevel. My approach was photojournalistic, authentic and focused on the details. Keith’s wife and daughter as well as Marshall’s son all watched at various points throughout the process remarking on experience.

It was truly a special ritual that Marshall can pass down to his son and Keith can celebrate with his wife and child. I’m honored to share this experience with the Bevel family.

IMG_8401-1024x682.jpg

IMG_8404-1024x682.jpg

razor.jpg

IMG_8423-1024x682.jpg

IMG_8507-1024x682.jpg

shave-cream.jpg

SHAVING WITH BEVEL IS TRULY A SPECIAL RITUAL. (:mjlol:)

IMG_8555-1024x682.jpg

IMG_8557-1024x682.jpg

brush.jpg

IMG_8452-2-1024x682.jpg

IMG_8460-1024x682.jpg

IMG_8524-682x1024.jpg

IMG_8583-1024x682.jpg

IMG_8614-1024x682.jpg

IMG_8585-1024x682.jpg

IMG_8625-1024x682.jpg

finish.jpg

IMG_8595-1024x682.jpg

nikkas can't be serious :francis:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

some of yall need fathers

You posting videos of white dudes with straight hair :dead:

Fam, I know my hair better than you. Are you even black? :heh:

I've got that straight out of West Africa nap going on. TRUSSSSSSST ME on this.

Razors are the black man's worst enemy. Theres no attack-angle or blade quality or guard or ointment in the world to save you outside of sheer physics of dragging a blade across a man's face.

In-grown hairs are GOING to happen as a result of the mechanics involved when you shave that close to the skin. Shaving is innately unnatural so when you have naturally curly hair there is VERY little you can do, which is why clippers are so important.

Even black men in the military get deferments from super close shaves under Pseudofolliculitis barbae etc. :ufdup:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Grow into what? Even the parent company has one product... Walker & Company Brands, Inc. is only in ONE market...Bevel! :heh:

C'mon son.

Ya'll need to catch up.

This isn't hate. But they have a single product thats easily duplicated which is only differentiated because of its marketing directly to black men.

Take the money :ufdup:

This ain't "the one"

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Grow into what? Even the parent company has one product... Walker & Company Brands, Inc. is only in ONE market...Bevel! :heh:

C'mon son.

Ya'll need to catch up.

This isn't hate. But they have a single product thats easily duplicated which is only differentiated because of its marketing directly to black men.

This ain't "the one"
So what if it has one product? Really? So what? That's usually how companies start out. And are you telling me that they have sworn to only make one product and one alone? You've got some insider information on their business plans going forward?

This sh*t is getting stupid. You're just bloviating, babbling really.

If I follow your logic correctly, it would follow that Hershey's should've folded because Cadbury was already around? Or perhaps Pepsi had no chance because Coke was first? :childplease:

You've got no idea what you're talking about. You've already painted a picture in your head and are trying to pretend it's reality.

It's all hate. 100%.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So what if it has one product? Really? So what? That's usually how companies start out. And are you telling me that they have sworn to only make one product and one alone? You've got some insider information on their business plans going forward?

This sh*t is getting stupid. You're just bloviating, babbling really.

If I follow your logic correctly, it would follow that Hershey's should've folded because Cadbury was already around? Or perhaps Pepsi had no chance because Coke was first? :childplease:

You've got no idea what you're talking about. You've already painted a picture in your head and are trying to pretend it's reality.

It's all hate. 100%.
You really don't know this market, or how businesses work, do you?

Not all business is good business and not all ideas are great ideas.

Tristan is going to face an insurmountable amount of opposition by virtue of the fact that he only has a market, not even sales to back it up

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

C'mon son.

Ya'll need to catch up.

This ain't "the one"
While your right, Silicon is putting their were not racist, look at Tristan chips on his success. He was a superstar at foursquare and he's a heck of a business talent. Betting on him is an easy thing. To think he played Basketball and made it through school like many of us coli folks. A true success story. He busted his ass.

wheywhey

Pro
Daps
Not to shyt on the parade but this is a lie. They offered to buy out his stake, however they already own like 60% of the company. He owns about 20% of his company, he'd net around 50-60 million nothing to sneaze out but black hedge fund group lies alot about black businesses to get views

Where'd you get this information from?

JJ McCorvey did an in-depth interview on Tristan Walker in Fast Company, November 2014. Said he raised $9.3 million through venture capitalists and highlighted the difficulties for blacks to get funding.

. "Pitching to a VC is already a tough experience," says Erin Teague, a close friend, "but it's even harder if none of them can really relate to the problem you're describing. It requires that much more courage." In one meeting, a white venture capitalist announced to Walker that another black person told him that razor bumps weren't a real problem for men of color. This inability (and in some cases, unwillingness) to relate helps explain why just 1% of venture-backed startups founders are black. While Walker is thrilled to have made it into that tiny cohort, his company's funding pales next to that accorded Harry's, a shaving startup that uses a multiblade razor and targets a broader consumer market. Ten months after its founding, Harry's had raised $126.5 million in seed funding. Ten months after Walker & Co. was founded, it had raised $2.4 million in seed funding.

Tristan Walker: The Visible Man

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
THERE IS NO BILLION DOLLAR CAP ON THIS MODEL! :heh:

All he is doing is flipping razors and creams. Which he isn't even the best at. Dollar Shave is.

I'm not saying the business is worth a billion, or even a half billion. What I'm saying is we need to maintain control of our businesses, our industries, our ideas...we're so quick to collectively sell out.

P&G or whomever can potentially squash homie like a cockroach...but that's where the onus comes on "us" as black consumers to support black business...Gillette, Bic, and a dozen other companies don't specifically target blacks, but all of a sudden when a seemingly new market opened up with us we should continue to support an organization who neglected us habitually, what part of the game is that?

Every other race supports their own, it's time for us to do the same.