Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
He got the whole continent waiting..Nigeria about to explode economically.

With the right business strategy, that 500 mil could be annual revenue in a decade. He might need some backers along the way, but no need to sell the whole thing(or majority) if he has a vision.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
By what metric is his company not successful?
Its. A. Brand.

Thats it.

He's as successful as a celebrity blog would be. Thats it. He's got a consumer base, but his products themselves do not return that much added benefit to him.

His product is easily inferior and can be out-performed and diversified by his (GIGANTIC :wow: ) competitors but his saving grace is having cachet with black podcast listeners which is a HUGE untapped market. Thats it. I'm sure he'd like to make a product that changes black male grooming, but he has yet to do that and selling straight razors aren't exactly ground breaking ideas. Most cosmetic items outside of what dermatologists provide are rarely ever effective or actually medically inductive of any benefit...aka snake oil. But thats another and colossal story.

Look, Instagram and Snapchat DO NOT make any money. Most e-businesses are lucky there was an initial bust in the early 2000s to correct for the hype that came with Web 1.0. They're all loss-leaders that provide an experience but aren't true revenue builders. IG nor Snapchat nor any litany of products ever had any revenue coming in...not even an ad...which IG JUST debuted, same with SnapChat.

Look at a company the size of Amazon...they BARELY make a profit but are just huge revenue machines.

Most of these companies are bought out to take advantage of their consumer/user bases, but not because their intellectual property is that great or even relevant. Theres more to business interactions than the products they sell or pretend to sell.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So what? There are many companies that grow and do not sell.
See, I really don't think you understand how the cosmetic market works.

This guy isn't even building a unique app with unique code or a unique experience.

In fact, he made a rip off of The Dollar Shave club which is infinitely more popular and has a wider user base than he does...but his saving grace is (and this is how money works) is that he's black and has the black audience.

THATS IT.

He won't grow UNLESS he sells more than just razors and shaving cream.

I mean...damn...listen to his ads! They talk about how the cream "treats curly hair differently"...word? Whats in it? Thats not in other products?

NOTHING!

Its all marketing lingo reinforced by ads on black media outlets.

I have NO problem with the pump and dump of capital to get in and out of the game, but you gotta play it smart and know your worth. Flipping razors has a ceiling unless you invent a shaving laser or something that only works on black skin :heh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Any reviews on the effectiveness of the razors though?
Look online. Theres tons of them.

Its a goddamn straight razor with *******special shaving cream******

thats it!

you get the benefit of buying black, which i support, but this is no different than someone around the corner making "special hair ointment"

Lets not delude ourselves.

Again...and I must say this so people don't think i'm hating...I'm happy for his success!...but he should have bowed out, and re-upped. He's got the intellect and connects to make his money flip several times over.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No, you fukking idiots just don't get it.

Please read an article on Elon Musk, then come back to this thread.

hmmm...mayve been better off accepting the deal and just staying on board as an executive.

P&G's distribution channels would lead to more availability and thus more black ppl able to purchase his prodct. to each his own tho

Or Mark Pinkus or Marc Cuban or Sean Parker or Tony Hseih. They all cashed out of their early companies and started new projects.

John Paul Dejoria started out in hair care. $700 he started his first company with. Grew it. Then sold it. Now he owns various businesses, including Patron Spirits Company. He's worth billions.

Talk to 'em :wow:

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
Look online. Theres tons of them.

Its a goddamn straight razor with *******special shaving cream******

thats it!

you get the benefit of buying black, which i support, but this is no different than someone around the corner making "special hair ointment"

Lets not delude ourselves.

Again...and I must say this so people don't think i'm hating...I'm happy for his success!...but he should have bowed out, and re-upped. He's got the intellect and connects to make his money flip several times over.

Who is a better decision maker?

man that got offered 500 tickets for his company :hula: Napoleon.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Who is a better decision maker?

man that got offered 500 tickets for his company :hula: Napoleon.
Did you look at the product?

If you've ever been to The Art of Shaving or any similar company its the same shyt

A brush. Special ointment that "lifts hairs" (but not really) and the "experience" if reducing razor blazes by using a single blade.

Its the same as taking a razor to your face. Do you NOT realize this?

But the hype and marketing will make it seem like he cured cancer.

Its just not true.

I support his marketing but...some of ya'll just ain't that much of a discerning customer. I'll stick to my electric clippers.

BUT...if I ever had to go to a manual/straight razor, i'll cop from Bezel for the fukk of it.

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
Did you look at the product?

If you've ever been to The Art of Shaving or any similar company its the same shyt

A brush. Special ointment that "lifts hairs" (but not really) and the "experience" if reducing razor blazes by using a single blade.

Its the same as taking a razor to your face. Do you NOT realize this?

But the hype and marketing will make it seem like he cured cancer.

Its just not true.

I support his marketing but...some of ya'll just ain't that much of a discerning customer. I'll stick to my electric clippers.

BUT...if I ever had to go to a manual/straight razor, i'll cop from Bezel for the fukk of it.

Im gonna support the brother. fukk all the other bullshyt.

:salute: him for not being bought out.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Im gonna support the brother. fukk all the other bullshyt.

:salute: him for not being bought out.
Do that. I'm with it...

I'm just pointing out what this is, and what this isn't.

And "being bought out" sometimes is the smartest thing to do CONSIDERING what he's selling.

I just don't think he's truly in enough of a lane to justify this decision.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm just point this out THIS is why dude needs to sell:

g5xzz7O.png

Theres nothing about this that he'll truly be able to change the game with. :francis:

Now...I salute him, as I've said before :whoa:
Buy black :obama:
Support our own, :salute:
Praise his accomplishments :blessed:

Overcharge them for what they did to the Cold Crush :pacspit:

etc... :myman:

But let's keep it 1000 right now :usure: ...$500m for him (which is including VCs who have yet to take their cuts :mjpls: :wow: :troll:) is SUPER generous. :mjcry: :takedat:

Unless his company has more to offer than this to black consumers, then lets just admit that marketing to the black communtiy is the only savior of this product.

And if you disagree with me, I want to you look at this not from the perspective of black success, but economic maneuvering through the minefield of conglomerates coming for your food :ufdup: You're not going to beat the big players with JUST this.

@tater @KingMalik @Asantehene @Master Teacher @keepemup @Knuckles Red @StupidQuestion @Momentum @MrFettuccinePockets @2Quik4UHoes @itsyoung!! @God's Gift. @Warren Moon @MUNGU @7Revo @Malta @newworldafro @Raul @Money Mase @feelosofer @Ill-Mind @FeloniousMonk @jackswstd @That1guy @Makavalli @At30wecashout @BlackieRobinson @Poitier @Ace2306 @Zero @ShaneTheRogue @Soundbwoy @RiffRaff @Drones @AAKing23 @BelowTheMasonDixon @Atlrocafella @JACK! @Luck @Rekkapryde @philmonroe @dora_da_destroyer

maybe he just wants to ride it out :ld:

Last edited: