Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Some of these responses are rubbish and nonsense. Statements like 'just start another company' are myopic, and seem to ignore the fact that successful companies don't just grow on trees. Why should he sell his company and start another, when he already has one?

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
How much money does he have liquid right now? Probably not much. If the company fails, he's back to working some corporate job like he was doing before. I'm sorry homie. I grew up poor. Theres no way I'd turn down $500 million when that sets me up for life, assures I'll never "have to work again"....if I'm smart enough to start one business, I can start another one, except this time I'll never have to worry about money. We don't think alike.
I, ME, MY, I, ME, ME, ME, ME!!! Thats all I took away from your reply. I'm talking about helping the black community, and opening up doors for other blacks as far as employment. Also, business is a gamble. You think the decisions Steve Jobs made with Apple were all guaranteed?!? I agree with the last part of your reply though. You and I definitely don't think alike.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
Some of these responses are rubbish and nonsense. Statements like 'just start another company' are myopic, and seem to ignore the fact that successful companies don't just grow on trees. Why should he sell his company and start another, when he already has one?
Its the same idiots who when confronted with a post about black unemployment, and how black males can't find jobs will say, "Just start a business." So many ignorant people on this website, man....

keepemup

Banned
Daps
How much money does he have liquid right now? Probably not much. If the company fails, he's back to working some corporate job like he was doing before. I'm sorry homie. I grew up poor. Theres no way I'd turn down $500 million when that sets me up for life, assures I'll never "have to work again"....if I'm smart enough to start one business, I can start another one, except this time I'll never have to worry about money. We don't think alike.

Have you done anything of note, and if not why should anybody listen to you? Also, do you know how much money he has currently?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No. It's because of your attitude that black people gonna stay where we are because youre making decisions based on emotions and not hard cold logic. I'mma tell you why you being short sighted. Selling the company decreases risk. You could end up with nothing. Businesses close shop everyday. Competitors kill you off everyday. Look at the dude who started Groupon. He wanted to "grow" his business and refused to sell. What happened.....he couldn't handle the pressures of running a public company, the stock tanked, got thrown out of his company and now the company is worth less than the price Google offered to buy it for. It's smarter just to sell, become financially solvent for life and not have to risk going back to a day job if your business fails :comeon: then you start a new business and keep it to pass down.....like white boys do.

When a company sells for 9-10 figures....the owner just isn't getting rich. Everyone who owns significant equity in the company gets rich. A huge wealth transfer. And these newly minted millionaires hopefully go off and start other businesses, become investors, etc. A multiplier effect. Look at PayPal. Paypal sold for $2 billion dollars. Reid Hoffman took his cut and started Linked In. Elon Musk took his cut and started Space X and Tesla. Steve Chen took his cut and started Youtube. Peter Thiel took his cut and invested in Facebook, making billions. Now imagine all those guys being black. That's more minorities being employed long term, a lot more value created long term, more businesses started long term, all those people made more money long term (billions) than if they stayed at PayPal and never sold :comeon:

This happens all the time in SV.
:salute:

KingMalik

All Star
Daps

There was a guy who had a company called StumbleUpon. He decided to take the money and secure his future. $76 million from eBay. This guy took his money and started another company. This company is now valued at $50 billion. Its called Uber :comeon:

There are a THOUSAND stories like this.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
There was a guy who had a company called StumbleUpon. He decided to take the money and secure his future. $76 million from eBay. This guy took his money and started another company. This company is now valued at $50 billion. Its called Uber :comeon:

There are a THOUSAND stories like this.
And, there are also many stories of guy who just failed and regretted their decision. So...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
He doesn't have a successful company.

He has a successful brand.

HUGE difference.

He can easily be replaced. Its like comparing someone who makes screws to someone who is a party promoter.

Tristan has a consumer base, not a product that is hard to compete with. Thats it.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
He doesn't have a successful company.

He has a successful brand.

HUGE difference.

He can easily be replaced. Its like comparing someone who makes screws to someone who is a party promoter.

Tristan has a consumer base, not a product that is hard to compete with. Thats it.
By what metric is his company not successful?