Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
You can start another business

If you can bootstrap a business to success with $10,000 and a dream....then what makes you think you can't start another one when you have $200-$400 million....yall nikkas man :mjlol:
Theres a bigger picture that I'm asking you to look at. He has something good going...NOW. He should continue to own what he has created, get investments from black investors and watch his company grow to the point where he can maybe hire more black employees. Meanwhile other blacks are spending money on HIS products and that money is being kept within the black community. Its not JUST about selling out and making millions. Its about group economics! Think of the potential.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
nikka got millionaire investors and advisors on his team..I'm sure they all told him to turn that shyt down
Be honest.

Where do you see fukking SHAVING BLADES going?

He's probably using some connect out of china or something for the blades.

Wheres the innovation?

I got love for the dude. I truly do.

BUT...this shyt has a ceiling. Don't let your love blind you from talking about the business here.

And don't forget, his investors care way more about his money than they do HIM. For all we know, they probably told him to take the cash and HE said no.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
When the black community are on the level of creating multibillionaires then maybe we wouldn't have to worry about every single brother selling out their company for a dollar. As it stands now black billionaires are few and far between.

No. It's because of your attitude that black people gonna stay where we are because youre making decisions based on emotions and not hard cold logic. I'mma tell you why you being short sighted. Selling the company decreases risk. You could end up with nothing. Businesses close shop everyday. Competitors kill you off everyday. Look at the dude who started Groupon. He wanted to "grow" his business and refused to sell. What happened.....he couldn't handle the pressures of running a public company, the stock tanked, got thrown out of his company and now the company is worth less than the price Google offered to buy it for. It's smarter just to sell, become financially solvent for life and not have to risk going back to a day job if your business fails :comeon: then you start a new business and keep it to pass down.....like white boys do.

When a company sells for 9-10 figures....the owner just isn't getting rich. Everyone who owns significant equity in the company gets rich. A huge wealth transfer. And these newly minted millionaires hopefully go off and start other businesses, become investors, etc. A multiplier effect. Look at PayPal. Paypal sold for $2 billion dollars. Reid Hoffman took his cut and started Linked In. Elon Musk took his cut and started Space X and Tesla. Steve Chen took his cut and started Youtube. Peter Thiel took his cut and invested in Facebook, making billions. Now imagine all those guys being black. That's more minorities being employed long term, a lot more value created long term, more businesses started long term, all those people made more money long term (billions) than if they stayed at PayPal and never sold :comeon:

This happens all the time in SV.

Last edited:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's morbid azz shyt ............. :snoop:

I'm not denying that they'll try and destroy/blackball your brand, but just accept being rolled over vs actually taking a risk is not out of the question either....... I'm just saying :francis:
$500 m is not rolling over. It's bowing out gracefully. And if he accepts P&G stock in lieu of cash, it could be a much more profitable deal over time.

Now he's in a dogfight with Goliath for a very limited market (African Americans who buy shaving subscriptions).

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand that but remember they're trying to buy him out because he has cornered a market that they can't just undercut or it would cost too much for it to make sense.
Does Tristan even have enough cash on hand to sign Tristan Thompson to endorse this? Because P&G can easily afford Lebron.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a better man than me.

I'd take that 500 mil, get into something else all while still putting on blacks at my next endeavors. Certainly have more capital to do so now than before too. But I don't know all the details and his life, so props to him regardless :salute:

See and right there shows you that if you would have taken that, the buyers would have had billions in the company and you would have looked foolish.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
He's a better man than me.

I'd take that 500 mil, get into something else all while still putting on blacks at my next endeavors. Certainly have more capital to do so now than before too. But I don't know all the details and his life, so props to him regardless :salute:

even if he took the 500M, he could start a new business, and just off his reputation for success with this company, he could probably get others to finance that new venture without even having to invest much of his own capital.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Its that low because he's selling straight razors and shaving cream

I mean...the branding and packaging and advertising is one thing, but lets keep it a buck here.

If you saw his products on the shelf, what would we have to talk about?
it's double edge razor, that's different from straight razor. it's something that's always been a boutique market for...something like cigars or craft beer. bevel just modified the marketing

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Theres a bigger picture that I'm asking you to look at. He has something good going...NOW. He should continue to own what he has created, get investments from black investors and watch his company grow to the point where he can maybe hire more black employees. Meanwhile other blacks are spending money on HIS products and that money is being kept within the black community. Its not JUST about selling out and making millions. Its about group economics! Think of the potential.

How much money does he have liquid right now? Probably not much. If the company fails, he's back to working some corporate job like he was doing before. I'm sorry homie. I grew up poor. Theres no way I'd turn down $500 million when that sets me up for life, assures I'll never "have to work again"....if I'm smart enough to start one business, I can start another one, except this time I'll never have to worry about money. We don't think alike.