Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
gillette has the resources to make more of his product and better marketting
Loyalty though. I don't know much about skateboarding but I think that happened with Nike and some established skateboard company. Forgot how it worked but just remember it was something like you were saying and at the time nike wasn't messing with whatever other company it was. Times might have changed though since I never kept up with the story

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No guarantee he can get it to the billion dollar level. He royally fukked up.

Proctor will likely spend billions to destroy his brand and take his market share. At a certain point you have to sell to the big guys, or be prepared to go down with the ship. That's reality.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yeah, I don't know if that makes smart business sense. Then again I don't have a company so...fukk do i know.

I own a small company and you're right, if a large corporation offers to buy you out you are usually at minimum worth 50% more than the offer more likely twice as much. Homie went and cornered a market that the big shave companies missed and they have no real way of getting them back or even stealing them away.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I own a small company and you're right, if a large corporation offers to buy you out you are usually at minimum worth 50% more than the offer more likely twice as much. Homie went and cornered a market that the big shave companies missed and they have no real way of getting them back or even stealing them away.
Do you know how much money Proctor has :francis:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
On second thought, I gotta keep it a trillion, Dollar Shave Club got the GOAT prices and they've held me down for a minute now. If Bevel can top 9.00 for a 6 blade razor then I'm fukkin wit em. Honestly, price means just as much to me as quality does so as much as I support Black Owned business on the daily this might be one buy that I gotta think about.

I'm still glad the brotha is doin his thing, I hope he sees much success in the future. I bet if he markets to the whole Diaspora and continent that he'll see an explosion in sales. This is of course contingent on the fact that his razors actually prevent bumps from occurring.

how are the blades compared to Gillette Fushion? I shave my head, face and neck every day so I cant risk irritated skin, bumps and razor cuts etc