Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:mjlol: at a movie being underrated that half of its audience thought was decent at best. no it was divisive, and was rated appropriately overall when you visit ratings places. 72 imdb, 50s on rt and meta. i dont think it was trash, but it could have been better and wasnt great. thats why he is getting thrown in the bushes for batman in whats supposed to be his sequel. you can like the movie but you cant deny that by most accounts it is viewed as a mediocre film in most peoples eyes

Dark Superman isn't Superman.

When I saw Iron Man I was sitting there thinking "Holy shyt. Iron Man jumped out of the comicbook into this movie." Same with Cap. I never felt that I was watching THE "actual" Superman during MoS, just some alternate universe elseworlds retelling of the origin. He let his dad die. That would just never happen. He would have fought Zod without destroying Metropolis and he woulda done something besides outright murder Zod.

The main thing that throws me off about the neck snap was HE TURNED ZOD'S HEAD TOWARD THE FAMILY. This would have had the effect of moving Zod's eyes that last bit toward them and cutting them all in half. So it wasn't even organic, just shoehorned in as a reason for Dark Superman to kill a mofo.

Look at the Joker they chose. Look at the hideous Bat symbol. These people are not giving me the "real" DCU, they are just using the names to bring their vision of these characters. I'm sick of that. Just put the comics on the screen. We have like 100 years of scripts and storyboards. Just use them.

So that's why I was underwhelmed.

/nerd rage rant.
:wow:

Complain about superman not protecting civilians against zod then turn around and say he should have broken some truck drivers neck brehs
i dont associate the character with being an emo hobo who gets punked by trunk drivers and passive aggressively lashes out, but different strokes :yeshrug:

when the best characters are the dad and the villain in a superman movie, you have a problem. Hence the sequel being Batman and friends

My G was a bartender/bus boy. He then moved to Metropolis and is all of a sudden qualified to be a journalist. It's like he got the job cause it's a must plot point, no other reason.
cant wait to see how Larry Fishbourne and friends react when they see Superman in front of Congress and all over TV

:jbhmm:Hey Superman reminds me of someone

In other news, anybody seen Clark:dwillhuh:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
what exactly do people mean when they say a movie didn't age well?

That's why I prefer practical effects. Celebrating Goodfellas 25th anniversary. The movie is timeless. It looks like it could have come out yesterday and the techniques used in directing it are beyond what we even see in most movies today. The tracking shot is :wow:

I can't believe this thread was made again. Man of Steel is a solid 7/10 for me. I made this exact same thread like a year or two ago :russ:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's the point though, it's not supposed to be gloomy. it's supposed to be fun.

superheroes came out the gate trading quips. batman used to punch joker in the face and say some slick shyt like "looks like your house of cards is tumbling"... right after joker just killed a guy.

these movies need fun and levity imo.

nikka u high? this aint saturday morning cartoons bro. nikkas coming to earth to rape all the pu$$y long dyck style and steal our land. aint no time for joke just beating nikkas da fukk up!

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Can't front tho.. out of all the property damage done in superhero flicks Man Of Steel tops the cake by a thousand miles. Even the Hulk was was lookin' at the Man Of Steel like:lupe::sadcam::whoa::damn::mindblown:

-also why did he let his pops die? I didn't get that part at all
bullshyt, transformers damn near destroyed the world.....

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
It was straight nothing that makes u want to go back and revisit.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
its ok, it did what it was supposed to do. we finally got to see Supes real powers in a movie with the way he and Zod destroyed Smallville and Metropolis but the story to get up to that point was not good especially the Pa Kent death scene. Both Pa Kent and Clark know he's fast enough to save him and the dog without anyone knowing Clark did it especially with everyone focusing on the twister. The way Lois happens to be in Alaska or where ever the space ship was at the same exact time Clark finds out about it is stupid also and Supes should have a Fortress of Solidtude, not a space ship:francis:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Imo, The DC fans wanted something connected to the batman movies like the mcu is connected. That is why they didn't like it.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
its ok, it did what it was supposed to do. we finally got to see Supes real powers in a movie with the way he and Zod destroyed Smallville and Metropolis but the story to get up to that point was not good especially the Pa Kent death scene. Both Pa Kent and Clark know he's fast enough to save him and the dog without anyone knowing Clark did it especially with everyone focusing on the twister. The way Lois happens to be in Alaska or where ever the space ship was at the same exact time Clark finds out about it is stupid also and Supes should have a Fortress of Solidtude, not a space ship:francis:
That wouldn't have went down that way. SOMEONE would have noticed and townies would have came out the wood work

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
That wouldn't have went down that way. SOMEONE would have noticed and townies would have came out the wood work
Just like the came out the woodwork when he saved the bus? I'm thinking Smallville has been noticing strange things for years with the Kents and Clark's good deeds. It would have been just another day of Clark Kent rumors with no real proof especially with the chaos of the twister:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Imo, The DC fans wanted something connected to the batman movies like the mcu is connected. That is why they didn't like it.

if nolan would have stayed on board and they somehow connected man of steel to the dark knight trilogy, and then in BVS brought back christian bale to play batman... i think it would be even bigger than it is right now.

not sure if i would rather see it, but it would definitely be a colossal event.