Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
"B-b-but thuperman should have lured thod away from metropolith!!!!" Kill dat noize lisped
Can't front tho.. out of all the property damage done in superhero flicks Man Of Steel tops the cake by a thousand miles. Even the Hulk was was lookin' at the Man Of Steel like:lupe::sadcam::whoa::damn::mindblown:

-also why did he let his pops die? I didn't get that part at all

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't front tho.. out of all the property damage done in superhero flicks Man Of Steel tops the cake by a thousand miles. Even the Hulk was was lookin' at the Man Of Steel like:lupe::sadcam::whoa::damn::mindblown:

-also why did he let his pops die? I didn't get that part at all

The movie showed the real collateral damaged if gods came to town and started some shyt. Even the damage in the 1st avengers didnt feel gloomy. Nikkas crackin jokes while aliens crash into buildings.

Supes was emo because his parents instilled that responsibility in him as a child because he could do anything he wants which to me is more realistic than a goofy boy scout. U know puberty was a motherfukka. A teenage super boner that can sneak into any bed undetected and impregnate the block if he didnt have a strong father figure

Bini Knight

All Star
Daps
The movie showed the real collateral damaged if gods came to town and started some shyt. Even the damage in the 1st avengers didnt feel gloomy. Nikkas crackin jokes while aliens crash into buildings.

Supes was emo because his parents instilled that responsibility in him as a child because he could do anything he wants which to me is more realistic than a goofy boy scout. U know puberty was a motherfukka. A teenage super boner that can sneak into any bed undetected and impregnate the block if he didnt have a strong father figure
:dead:
Imagine Ma kent taking supes on Maury for sleeping with and getting multiple girls pregnant :russ:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I personally loved it.

It was a perfect Superman origin to me, especially since I don't really like the older, cornier superman.

This one was a lot more conflicted and showed struggle in his early years... As I think he should've. Thr fact that he killed Zod I think sets up a lot of his moral conflicts in the future. He might not want to kill again but knows he can't level a city like he did in the first one. He's going to forever carry the deaths of those people on his shoulders... Prompting him to not do shot like that again but still give him that darker, emo vibe behind closed doors maybe wanting him to be that corny guy we all know and love. It also set up a lot of the story in BvS. Batman knows about collateral damage because he's a seasoned vet but Supes was just so focused on the fight with Zod that it didn't cross his mind. Now he knows better.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
y7SVZzX.gif

This the shyt people prefer? :mjlol:
i think people really forget.... or wasn't born..... or was still too young.....

to remember the fukkING BULLshyt we had to go through in the 80s/90s comic books

y'all realize after batman and robin, they literally just said fukk comic book movies... like no.... it has a comic to it??? get that script the fukk outta here

that's how horribly bad it got

i watch these new movies with tears in my eyes.... imagine the 80s avengers with cotton suits and claymation lasers :mjlol:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Thread should have ended last post page #3, gif perfectly captures the feeling one gets every time this trash is brought up in discussions

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I personally loved it.

It was a perfect Superman origin to me, especially since I don't really like the older, cornier superman.

This one was a lot more conflicted and showed struggle in his early years... As I think he should've. Thr fact that he killed Zod I think sets up a lot of his moral conflicts in the future. He might not want to kill again but knows he can't level a city like he did in the first one. He's going to forever carry the deaths of those people on his shoulders... Prompting him to not do shot like that again but still give him that darker, emo vibe behind closed doors maybe wanting him to be that corny guy we all know and love. It also set up a lot of the story in BvS. Batman knows about collateral damage because he's a seasoned vet but Supes was just so focused on the fight with Zod that it didn't cross his mind. Now he knows better.

but why was it necessary for the audience to be implicitly told that superman doesn't like to kill? shouldn't that be implied? is that really the biggest question a movie about superman should set out to answer? is killing wrong?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
but why was it necessary for the audience to be implicitly told that superman doesn't like to kill? shouldn't that be implied? is that really the biggest question a movie about superman should set out to answer? is killing wrong?
They shouldn't have be told.. And they weren't in MOS. I'm sure after what happened in the first movie that he's not going to kill a soul in BvS because of all the shyt people gave him about the destruction

But imo, I never understood why they don't want Supes to kill. Maybe a bloodlust Superman might be a bad idea anyway, seeing how he would be hard to stop. but MOS showed that he will if he has to just to save others.. Even if it's something he doesn't want to do.

I'm on the fence about Batman tho. Normally, he doesn't like to kill either but judging by the trailer you see him snapping necks, shooting shyt up, etc. so I think that's probably where they butt heads. Superman inadvertently killed civilians while Batman will intentionally kill/disfigure criminals

Plus this is a seasoned Batman.. Frank Millers batman so people will die lol

Daps
Reppin
NYC

that's the point though, it's not supposed to be gloomy. it's supposed to be fun.

superheroes came out the gate trading quips. batman used to punch joker in the face and say some slick shyt like "looks like your house of cards is tumbling"... right after joker just killed a guy.

these movies need fun and levity imo.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
what exactly do people mean when they say a movie didn't age well? a good story doesn't age.

yea, donner's superman looks like it was made in 1978. just like one day 20 years from now people will look at man of steel and say it looks like it was made in 2013.

i mean that's the worst thing you could say about something? that it's old?