Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daps
Reppin
NYC
All trailers for this movie were great as well. Great soundtrack, great fighting, and overall solid pacing IMO. I also liked the darker tone. I think I understand why @Kill Dat Noize hates this movie now, dude wanted a romantic superhero movie judging by his comments.

i don't care if there's a romance or not. cap 2 didn't have a romance subplot and i think it's the best superhero movie of the modern era.

but if you're gonna inject a romance subplot, like man of steel did, i would prefer if it didn't fall completely flat on it's face and drag the movie down with it. it needs to actually work and serve the movie. lois lane is only in MOS so she could push a button. if you cut her from the movie nothing changes.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:what:
it's a fukkin tornado. No one is paying attention to who's doing what...you're trying to escape a fukkin twister which might be the scariest natural disaster to be stuck in. Ain't nobody giving a fukk what someone is doing :dead: he could've saved his pops and no one would've noticed.

I like MOS but that scene was :mjlol:
So you wouldn't be paying attention to a guy who ran back to the tornado to get his fukking dog :comeon:

I just watched the movie again last night. Everybody was under the fukking bridge watching him nikka:comeon:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
So you wouldn't be paying attention to a guy who ran back to the tornado to get his fukking dog :comeon:

I just watched the movie again last night. Everybody was under the fukking bridge watching him nikka:comeon:
I'm speaking in realistic terms bruh. Nobody would be paying attention to who's doing what during a freaking tornado. It's a dumb scene. U r not even supposed to seek shelter under an over pass as it is. But no, the winds are so intense and the visual of the actual tornado would supersede anything else going on.

Even if they did see him do it. So what. They couldn't prove it. Lol

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This was a solid movie, but I think Superman in general is held to SUPER high standards, it's like really how do you write a compelling story about the singular most powerful man in his respective universe. I think that this movie did a pretty good job. I agree the Lois Lane romance was pretty lame, especially when it is central to the character, but the overall story was good and the action scenes were terrific. It's not the GOAT but it was a solid movie.

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I don't like it mostly because Zack Snyder is a massive hack who doesn't have an original idea in his head. Look at his resume and everything he's made is a remake or adaptation. Nolan had original projects like Memento, Inception and Prestige. fukk, even a hack like Michael Bay had The Rock and Con Air. Snyder's visual style, when it works, mostly has the benefit of being based on top shelf comics he's used as storyboards on the likes of 300 and Watchmen. I thought MoS had some moments (mostly due to Russell and Costner's acting talent) but it felt like a bunch of payoffs that hadn't been earned in the run up to the climaxes: shytty characterisation and muddled motivations. The fight's weren't all that creative neither as I recall.

I'm all for the DC cinematic universe getting a fair shake; I think it'll keep the competition up and stop the genre getting lazy, I'm just pissed it's being helmed by a work-for-hire like Snyder, whereas Marvel's got people like Feige and Whedon calling shots who actually know and care for the properties.

Also, the OG underrated superhero movie is Blade :ufdup:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I don't like it mostly because Zack Snyder is a massive hack
whether he is or not is debatable but MoS faults are squarely on Nolan and goyer's shoulders. If Snyder could be blamed for anything its lack of confidence in his vision. Dude deferred too much while seeking advice from Nolan (the idea obviously was to piggyback off the success of the the trilogies) and for that he's guilty.
who doesn't have an original idea in his head. Look at his resume and everything he's made is a remake or adaptation. Nolan had original projects like Memento, Inception and Prestige. fukk, even a hack like Michael Bay had The Rock and Con Air. Snyder's visual style, when it works, mostly has the benefit of being based on top shelf comics he's used as storyboards on the likes of 300 and Watchmen. I thought MoS had some moments (mostly due to Russell and Costner's acting talent) but it felt like a bunch of payoffs that hadn't been earned in the run up to the climaxes: shytty characterisation and muddled motivations. The fight's weren't all that creative neither as I recall.

I'm all for the DC cinematic universe getting a fair shake; I think it'll keep the competition up and stop the genre getting lazy, I'm just pissed it's being helmed by a work-for-hire like Snyder,
clap for em

whereas Marvel's got people like Feige and Whedon calling shots who actually know and care for the properties.
:whoa:I am not sure Snyder doesn't care about the product as much as he just having a limited skill set. As for feige/whedon hold up! Just because marvel has a good thing going doesn't mean these 2 dudes are truthers. If they cared about the property the wouldn't take so many liberties like Tony creating ultron. Villains being so forgettable and poorly drawn out e.t.c

:umad:we have a winner

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I don't like it mostly because Zack Snyder is a massive hack who doesn't have an original idea in his head. Look at his resume and everything he's made is a remake or adaptation. Nolan had original projects like Memento, Inception and Prestige. fukk, even a hack like Michael Bay had The Rock and Con Air. Snyder's visual style, when it works, mostly has the benefit of being based on top shelf comics he's used as storyboards on the likes of 300 and Watchmen. I thought MoS had some moments (mostly due to Russell and Costner's acting talent) but it felt like a bunch of payoffs that hadn't been earned in the run up to the climaxes: shytty characterisation and muddled motivations. The fight's weren't all that creative neither as I recall.

I'm all for the DC cinematic universe getting a fair shake; I think it'll keep the competition up and stop the genre getting lazy, I'm just pissed it's being helmed by a work-for-hire like Snyder, whereas Marvel's got people like Feige and Whedon calling shots who actually know and care for the properties.

:beli: Whedon? Breh is done with Marvel and never called shots, Feige is the only person calling shots over there. Also Snyder probably has the most comic knowledge out of all the directors out here.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:beli: Whedon? Breh is done with Marvel and never called shots, Feige is the only person calling shots over there. Also Snyder probably has the most comic knowledge out of all the directors out here.
that's what makes man of steel so tragic. How does a dude that clearly loves the genre compromise his vision to play dikrider I don't get it :mindblown:

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps

Dude :dame: Whedon actually has pretty acclaimed runs on actual comics like Runaways (which I read, an although I don't like his writing style I can tell he's talented) and Astonishing X-Men, Snyder's never written shyt for DC. Alan Moore has trashed Snyder and the Watchmen movie publicly, he said the only person who ever made a decent script treatment for Watchmen was David Hayter. Whedon was calling shots, but bailed because he found the executive interference too stifling. Feige only got his job because of his encyclopedic knowledge of the marvel universe in the first place. MCU has the better generals, and it shows ever since Nolan took a hands-off position.

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
whether he is or not is debatable but MoS faults are squarely on Nolan and goyer's shoulders. If Snyder could be blamed for anything its lack of confidence in his vision. Dude deferred too much while seeking advice from Nolan (the idea obviously was to piggyback off the success of the the trilogies) and for that he's guilty. clap for em

:whoa:I am not sure Snyder doesn't care about the product as much as he just having a limited skill set. As for feige/whedon hold up! Just because marvel has a good thing going doesn't mean these 2 dudes are truthers. If they cared about the property the wouldn't take so many liberties like Tony creating ultron. Villains being so forgettable and poorly drawn out e.t.c

:umad:we have a winner

I agree the MCU never had a DC-level rogue's gallery of villains, at least untill they're able to get the likes of Doom, Venom and Thanos on-screen faithfully, but more often than not they get the heroes right, which is what I'm paying to see at the end of the day :yeshrug:.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Dude :dame: Whedon actually has pretty acclaimed runs on actual comics like Runaways (which I read, an although I don't like his writing style I can tell he's talented) and Astonishing X-Men, Snyder's never written shyt for DC. Alan Moore has trashed Snyder and the Watchmen movie publicly, he said the only person who ever made a decent script treatment for Watchmen was David Hayter. Whedon was calling shots, but bailed because he found the executive interference too stifling. Feige only got his job because of his encyclopedic knowledge of the marvel universe in the first place. MCU has the better generals, and it shows ever since Nolan took a hands-off position.

Whedon wasn't calling the shots. If he was calling shots then we would've gotten a whole different AOU movie. Dude was a director that was told what to do by Marvel and Disney. No one gives af about Moore, breh said himself that he hates Superheroes and Superhero movies in general plus he beefs with about everyone. MCU has a "General" not "Generals".