Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Dark Superman isn't Superman.

When I saw Iron Man I was sitting there thinking "Holy shyt. Iron Man jumped out of the comicbook into this movie." Same with Cap. I never felt that I was watching THE "actual" Superman during MoS, just some alternate universe elseworlds retelling of the origin. He let his dad die. That would just never happen. He would have fought Zod without destroying Metropolis and he woulda done something besides outright murder Zod.

The main thing that throws me off about the neck snap was HE TURNED ZOD'S HEAD TOWARD THE FAMILY. This would have had the effect of moving Zod's eyes that last bit toward them and cutting them all in half. So it wasn't even organic, just shoehorned in as a reason for Dark Superman to kill a mofo.

Look at the Joker they chose. Look at the hideous Bat symbol. These people are not giving me the "real" DCU, they are just using the names to bring their vision of these characters. I'm sick of that. Just put the comics on the screen. We have like 100 years of scripts and storyboards. Just use them.

So that's why I was underwhelmed.

/nerd rage rant.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Movie was lame. They tried to change up the origin story and filled it with contradictions. Clark Kent running around shirtless doing Superman shyt an NOBODY recognizes him? The lame way they killed off his dad. It's another movie that tried so hard to be different they didn't care if the storyline made sense.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Movie was cool, but as for underrated comic book movies I feel that Blade 1 & 2 are the most underrated since they rarely get mentioned in the comic book movie discussions.

That's cause half the shyt based on comics the general public doesn't know about.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
that's the point though, it's not supposed to be gloomy. it's supposed to be fun.

superheroes came out the gate trading quips. batman used to punch joker in the face and say some slick shyt like "looks like your house of cards is tumbling"... right after joker just killed a guy.

these movies need fun and levity imo.

No one wants to see that corny shyt though.. Things have changed since the 60's, 70's, 80's, and even 90's...

Loved it, the hate is def strong..imo its the best superman movie. The older ones didnt age well :manny:
Definitely the best superman BY FAR... In any movie/show

Plus it was a new origin story, showing how he went through bullshyt to eventually become Superman... And it's definitely more realistic and fits in the darker DC universe.. Which I prefer

I liked a lot of Marvel movies but one that was considered possibly the best was the more realistic Captain America Winter Soldier.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It's WAY too long and the beginning was :why:

But the fight scenes are some of the best in any superhero movie. :ohlawd:
I could see it being a lil too long... Sometimes slow. But it was a good movie...

-The beginning was tight

-The fx were nice

-Showing him working odd jobs trying to find out his orgin

-Always saving the school bus

-The self control he needed when dealing with bullies or hiding his secret

-fukking up the truck

-Showing how he dealt with his powers developing

-Discovering he could fly (and his dad explaining how his powers affect earth)

-His dad (all his scenes were dope)

-The fight scenes

The movie was pretty dope despite the script. A lot of cool scenes and a lot made sense considering I've never been into Superman really.

And now what happened in that movie is going to completely affect everything in BvS. The amount of destruction caused by Zod was pretty epic and it's basically caused all the crazies to emerge

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I Still believe the movie sucked
- Pa Kent telling Clark to let people die
-The stupid Lois & Clark kiss while everything was going to hell around them
- Long boring fights
-Superman snapping zod neck when he could just move his head up and shyt
-That whole jesus imagery shyt Zack was trying to pull off and is still trying to do in BvS :mjlol:

I had some more problems but I'm blanking right now
:deadmanny:

You sure you mad at the right people?

Kal-El (as well as many other character names from Superman) is straight from the Hebrew language, yanno commonly used by Jewish folk..

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Lois Lane figured out who Superman was through Google searches.

I can only IMAGINE the stupidity that will reveal Batman's secret identity.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Underrated and film in the same sentence along with superhero movie. :skip: What passes for entertainment nowadays. :snoop:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
That's cause half the shyt based on comics the general public doesn't know about.

Most definitely true, too bad the Blade series didn't get the Marvel logo until the wackest movie was released Blade Trinity aka Tragedy. :stopitslime: The general audience probably would have saw the prior flicks if they knew it was associated to Marvel.