Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
MOS is about how Superman reacting to his powers and the world he lives in

BVS is about the world reacting to Superman's powers and him living in it

Suicide Squad is about the government trying to deal with a post-Superman world that still contains people like Superman (for better and worse).

BvS and SS are why Pa Kent was so :whoa: at a young emotional Clark revealing his powers :banderas:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It makes you stans so mad that people like these films :mjlol:
Eh, let them have their fun. If they enjoy the movie who are we to tell them they shouldn't :manny:

The debating and arguing starts when the conversation goes from "I really enjoyed MOS because _____".... to "The only reason people didn't enjoy MOS was because they're living in the past"... and yada yada yada and all that BS"

But whatever, it is what it is. There are plenty of movies that are undeniably terrible that I still enjoy for whatever reason and I don't need another man's validation.:manny:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I mean, by your logic what's the last time the Coli really sat down and talked about TDK? The Godfather? Citizen Kane? I guess history must've passed all those movies by as well because people don't feel forced to bring them up every three months every time their post-traumatic stress of taking the L kicks in again.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/has-...e-godfather-part-2-and-apocalypse-now.458962/ <--That was Tuesday

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/nola...arvel-studios-captain-america-trilogy.427555/ <---That was May. This thread was upped a couple days ago. The post before it was upped was in March

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/abou...murai-back-2-back-woooooooooooooooooo.425287/ <---May, as well. Seems like you, and everyone else, had no interest in talking about Citizen Kane. My dude Naitch was tripping balls and caring about that movie dolo

It's too easy:francis::francis::francis:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
In any case, I think Clark would care more about saving lives than taking them.

That seems to be the crux of what makes the character interesting IMHO, you're the only invincible person on the planet so you get hyper-sensitive to the frailtiy of human life, your adopted people, and the only way Clark can convince himself that he's human is prioritising lesser beings' existence at his own expense.

I don't think MoS conveyed that well at all.

As a child, he saves a bus full of people. A kid that bullied him was one of those people.

(I eagerly await the deflection to his pops saying maybe he should have let them die)

As a child, he's getting bullied by two kids. He doesn't fight back, despite being clearly angry (proven by the fact he bent a metal pole he was holding onto, and well him saying he wanted to hit them).

He saves some guys working on an oil rig. Damn near drowns in the process

He turns himself in to the custody of the U.S military. Even lets them cuff him. Expresses that he did so if it would make them feel safe. Literally conveying that he prioritizes the frailty of human life

He's getting his ass beat by two Kryptonians. The military shows up and starts shooting. Not just shooting the bad guys, but Superman as well. Despite getting his ass beat, he takes the time to save a dude falling out of a helicopter. Said action leads to him getting his ass further beat.

Matter fact, prioritizing the frailty of human life is what stops him from turning this dumbass dude's head into particles

That's five scenes off the top of my head. There's more than that in the movie. He deliberately took one life in Man of Steel. He deliberately saved billions of them. At the end of the day, I don't care if someone likes the movie or not. That's all subjective. But when the complaints that are made can be easily rebuttaled with facts, it becomes quite the head scratcher as to if nikkas actually watched the movie or not. I see the same shyt with B vs S. I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, but I have a good feeling that cats are gonna keep the ball rolling with the blind hate.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
As a child, he saves a bus full of people. A kid that bullied him was one of those people.

(I eagerly await the deflection to his pops saying maybe he should have let them die)

As a child, he's getting bullied by two kids. He doesn't fight back, despite being clearly angry (proven by the fact he bent a metal pole he was holding onto, and well him saying he wanted to hit them).

He turns himself in to the custody of the U.S military. Even lets them cuff him. Expresses that he did so if it would make them feel safe. Literally conveying that he prioritizes the frailty of human life

He's getting his ass beat by two Kryptonians. The military shows up and starts shooting. Not just shooting the bad guys, but Superman as well. Despite getting his ass beat, he takes the time to save a dude falling out of a helicopter. Said action leads to him getting his ass further beat.

Matter fact, prioritizing the frailty of human life is what stops him from turning this dumbass dude's head into particles

That's five scenes off the top of my head. There's more than that in the movie. He deliberately took one life in Man of Steel. He deliberately saved billions of them. At the end of the day, I don't care if someone likes the movie or not. That's all subjective. But when the complaints that are made can be easily rebuttaled with facts, it becomes quite the head scratcher as to if nikkas actually watched the movie or not. I see the same shyt with B vs S. I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, but I have a good feeling that cats are gonna keep the ball rolling with the blind hate.

They were whoopin his fukkin ass :banderas:

I think we ready for a live action dragonball with this kinda budget and director.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/has-...e-godfather-part-2-and-apocalypse-now.458962/ <--That was Tuesday

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/nola...arvel-studios-captain-america-trilogy.427555/ <---That was May. This thread was upped a couple days ago. The post before it was upped was in March

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/abou...murai-back-2-back-woooooooooooooooooo.425287/ <---May, as well. Seems like you, and everyone else, had no interest in talking about Citizen Kane. My dude Naitch was tripping balls and caring about that movie dolo

It's too easy:francis::francis::francis:

That first thread is about Scorsese's career/filmography, not The Godfather and your comments about the third thread imply you apparently expect everyone to see every thread posted on the Coli. But since you love being such a Nitpicking Nancy taking every word literally, let me go further. The second thread was made back in March, which is more than three months. Same goes for the third thread. You could be a nitpicking Nancy about that and say 'Well, it's three months in between the two months' to which I like to reply that in that case I specified every three months, so unless you delve even further into the Coli search history and can prove each of those three movies has been talked about in three month intervals since the creation of The Coli, you still lose.

All of which shouldn't be a challenge to you since it's "too easy", of course all the while ignoring the context in which I made my original post that has nothing to do with those three examples, which is the simple fact that just because a movie isn't talked about all the time, doesn't mean it has been forgotten. Because there are thousands of movies and we can't discuss them all, all of the time.

I see you conveniently left out the scene where Clark takes a fight from a remote farm in the middle of nowhere to heavily populated area.

I see you're also conveniently leaving out that he got back at the trucker by destroying his truck (and ruining his livelihood in the process).

And you think you're so clever already bringing up the Pa Kent 'Should I've let them die' scene regarding the bus scene and make it seem like a deflection, but it's very relevant because it takes every sense of victory out of the scene. Which goes for pretty much all of Superman's accomplishments in the movie. Every time he does accomplish something it's drabbed in a sour downbeat atmosphere like there's never, ever a sense of it truly feeling like the world's a better place because of his actions. Which is the context of all those scenes, but as I already proved above, you just love to ignore the context in which things happen and just be a Nitpicking Nancy.

Btw, this right here...

I see the same shyt with B vs S. I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, but I have a good feeling that cats are gonna keep the ball rolling with the blind hate.

... is hilariously hypocritical. You are already excusing whatever flaws one can find in SS even before you see the movie because you have created this dumb narrative that people are out to blindly hate on these movies. Sounds to me you're the one who has blinded himself to any criticism.:sas2:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
That first thread is about Scorsese's career/filmography, not The Godfather and your comments about the third thread imply you apparently expect everyone to see every thread posted on the Coli. But since you love being such a Nitpicking Nancy taking every word literally, let me go further. The second thread was made back in March, which is more than three months. Same goes for the third thread. You could be a nitpicking Nancy about that and say 'Well, it's three months in between the two months' to which I like to reply that in that case I specified every three months, so unless you delve even further into the Coli search history and can prove each of those three movies has been talked about in three month intervals since the creation of The Coli, you still lose.

All of which shouldn't be a challenge to you since it's "too easy", of course all the while ignoring the context in which I made my original post that has nothing to do with those three examples, which is the simple fact that just because a movie isn't talked about all the time, doesn't mean it has been forgotten. Because there are thousands of movies and we can't discuss them all, all of the time.

I see you conveniently left out the scene where Clark takes a fight from a remote farm in the middle of nowhere to heavily populated area.

I see you're also conveniently leaving out that he got back at the trucker by destroying his truck (and ruining his livelihood in the process).

And you think you're so clever already bringing up the Pa Kent 'Should I've let them die' scene regarding the bus scene and make it seem like a deflection, but it's very relevant because it takes every sense of victory out of the scene. Which goes for pretty much all of Superman's accomplishments in the movie. Every time he does accomplish something it's drabbed in a sour downbeat atmosphere like there's never, ever a sense of it truly feeling like the world's a better place because of his actions. Which is the context of all those scenes, but as I already proved above, you just love to ignore the context in which things happen and just be a Nitpicking Nancy.

Btw, this right here...

... is hilariously hypocritical. You are already excusing whatever flaws one can find in SS even before you see the movie because you have created this dumb narrative that people are out to blindly hate on these movies. Sounds to me you're the one who has blinded himself to any criticism.:sas2:
I really wanted to be petty and replace your response with:
full

But I have a little bit of time to further this sonning:manny:

Let's start from the end of your pitiful rebuttal and work our way up through the rest of the bullshyt. I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet. I haven't made any distinction on what type of movie it will be. I didn't see Batman vs. Superman until a week after it premiered. I didn't give my take on the movie until I saw it, despite being in the thread and seeing people's opinions. There's this thing called logic. When I see the same people doing the same shyt time after time I logically assume they will do the same shyt time after time. So I'm assuming you and those of your ilk did the same with Suicide Squad.

Moving on. "Nitpicking Nancy"? Try better next time. I've already addressed Pa Kent in one of my previous sonnings of you. I'm sure you would have preferred Pa Kent to use a hilarious quip while talking to his confused, conflicted son. The idea that a father cares more about protecting his child than anything else might not be what you're into seeing on the big screen. I get that. Maybe it'd be better if in a serious moment he yelled out "Underoos". Who knows? "Victory" is nowhere near the point of that scene. He's a fukking kid. He's not Superman. He's not even a man yet. It's showing a step in his growth to being what he'll end up being. His father's take on it shows where the conflict we see him having between both movies he's been in comes from.

The poster who I quoted brought up the frailty of human life. Life. Not having a job. Life. He didn't kill that trucker. He could have easily killed that trucker. Any one of us would have punched dude in the face. You wonder why Clark didn't? Maybe because he understands and cares about the frailty of human life?

Your go to argument (which I was going to mention just like I mentioned Pa Kent but forgot to) about Clark taking the fight in Smallville is one I also have rebuttaled in one of my instances of sonning you:

Cool, I tend to just let it slide when you say this cause I think it's a bit nitpicky and don't feel like addressing it. A big part of this movie is Clark not being perfect and not even necessarily being a hero yet. We see him angry in this movie at times; we're not use to that from Superman. The scene you're talking about happens right after he saves Lois from crashing in the pod from space. He hears Zod and his lieutenants interrogating his mom and even putting hands on her and leaves Lois in a cornfield and flies off. He's pissed off and all he cares about is protecting his mother. He's not flying over there to kindly ask Zod to leave his mother alone. He's there to fukk him up and get him away from her. He's angry. He's enraged, and he honestly doesn't care about anything but protecting his mom at that specific point. Just like Pa Kent's feelings about Clark revealing himself, that's a very relatable human emotion/reaction. By the time Zod's lieutenants arrive and start fighting him he's regained his composure and starts telling people to get inside and that it's not safe. Too late obviously, but he realizes the danger he's put them in. In that moment of rage he felt when Zod was hurting his mother, strategy, planning and reason went out of the window. He was straight berserker mode. I think it directly correlates to him letting his dad die earlier in the movie. It's jarring and uncomfortable to those who are so wrapped up in the boy scout they grown up with but it's a very real reaction.

A valid point you could make is how is it smart to leave her there with the other Kryptonians. I'd have no problem saying that's a legit writing oversight. That said, Zod gives the orders, those two don't just do shyt on their own. They follow Zod where he goes. Plus the codex wasn't on the farm so they had no reason to stay. They could have taken Martha hostage, but they valued getting Zod back more.

Another one. None of those threads were made in March. The two you're talking about were, respectively, made on May 14 and May 5th. Both of those dates are after the last post in this thread before it was upped a couple days ago. Meaning the movies you took the time to bring up have been discussed more recently than when this thread got upped. Making yet another one of your points bullshyt. Also I don't expect everyone to see every thread on here. But you know what I notice? You sure seem to always notice this thread or any thread similar to this one. I also notice you don't make threads about these movies that seem so under appreciated and deserve to be talked more about. But you had the time to have an avatar mocking DC. Priorities, I suppose. So yeah, if you intend on replying to this, do a better job, breh. There is no context when it comes to you hating on these films. The person who claims the world has moved on from a film is front and center to talk about said film whenever said film gets brought up. Again, it's too easy.:francis:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
MOS is about how Superman reacting to his powers and the world he lives in

BVS is about the world reacting to Superman's powers and him living in it

Suicide Squad is about the government trying to deal with a post-Superman world that still contains people like Superman (for better and worse).

BvS and SS are why Pa Kent was so :whoa: at a young emotional Clark revealing his powers :banderas:

LOUDER FOR THE DENSE fakkitS TOO STUPID TO GET IT

:wow:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

I really wanted to be petty and replace your response with:
full

But I have a little bit of time to further this sonning:manny:

Let's start from the end of your pitiful rebuttal and work our way up through the rest of the bullshyt. I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet. I haven't made any distinction on what type of movie it will be. I didn't see Batman vs. Superman until a week after it premiered. I didn't give my take on the movie until I saw it, despite being in the thread and seeing people's opinions. There's this thing called logic. When I see the same people doing the same shyt time after time I logically assume they will do the same shyt time after time. So I'm assuming you and those of your ilk did the same with Suicide Squad.

Moving on. "Nitpicking Nancy"? Try better next time. I've already addressed Pa Kent in one of my previous sonnings of you. I'm sure you would have preferred Pa Kent to use a hilarious quip while talking to his confused, conflicted son. The idea that a father cares more about protecting his child than anything else might not be what you're into seeing on the big screen. I get that. Maybe it'd be better if in a serious moment he yelled out "Underoos". Who knows? "Victory" is nowhere near the point of that scene. He's a fukking kid. He's not Superman. He's not even a man yet. It's showing a step in his growth to being what he'll end up being. His father's take on it shows where the conflict we see him having between both movies he's been in comes from.

The poster who I quoted brought up the frailty of human life. Life. Not having a job. Life. He didn't kill that trucker. He could have easily killed that trucker. Any one of us would have punched dude in the face. You wonder why Clark didn't? Maybe because he understands and cares about the frailty of human life?

Your go to argument (which I was going to mention just like I mentioned Pa Kent but forgot to) about Clark taking the fight in Smallville is one I also have rebuttaled in one of my instances of sonning you:

Another one. None of those threads were made in March. The two you're talking about were, respectively, made on May 14 and May 5th. Both of those dates are after the last post in this thread before it was upped a couple days ago. Meaning the movies you took the time to bring up have been discussed more recently than when this thread got upped. Making yet another one of your points bullshyt. Also I don't expect everyone to see every thread on here. But you know what I notice? You sure seem to always notice this thread or any thread similar to this one. I also notice you don't make threads about these movies that seem so under appreciated and deserve to be talked more about. But you had the time to have an avatar mocking DC. Priorities, I suppose. So yeah, if you intend on replying to this, do a better job, breh. There is no context when it comes to you hating on these films. The person who claims the world has moved on from a film is front and center to talk about said film whenever said film gets brought up. Again, it's too easy.:francis:

unprecedented level of sonning :wow:

GAHH LEEE :wow:

watch that fucc boii still reply blind hating like a dense mongoose

:wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just because you call something a sonning doesn't make it one, you know. Of course, assuming is something you do a lot apparently.

I logically assume

So I'm assuming you and those of your ilk

I'm sure you would have preferred

Any one of us would have

All of which is very ironic since "assuming" is very far removed from "knowing" which you sure pretend to do a lot.

Your go to argument (which I was going to mention just like I mentioned Pa Kent but forgot to) about Clark taking the fight in Smallville is one I also have rebuttaled in one of my instances of sonning you.

There's nothing in that rebuttal that justifies the fact he took a fight carelessly into a populated area, something people always ignore when they try to pretend that Supes can not be held responsible for the damage caused in Metropolis during the Zod fight. It's pure hypocrisy and you know it. Also, you call that another instance of "sonning" but you actually agree the scene has in your words "a legit writing oversight", which is a very nice way of saying it's just all around poorly written.

Btw:

I didn't bother to click any of those links, breh. You're the one who dated them and I don't give a fukk either way. Again you're just leading away from the actual point I was making. You know the reason I notice threads like these whenever they're reupped? Because when I'm skimming the first page or two I always look out for threads I've posted in before. You know, them miniature avatars next to the avatar of the OP? Simple as that.

And you notice I don't make threads about movies that seem under appreciated and deserve to be talked about more? I guess I kinda gave up after this thread couldn't make it past one page (on the GOAT 50ppp setting of course).

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/so-lets-talk-about-citizen-kane.235765/

Hey, that's funny, it's that Citizen Kane movie everyone has forgotten about. :jbhmm:

Anyway, what you have seemingly failed to notice while noticing a bunch of irrelevant shyt is that I'm one of the few, very few, posters, who actually bothers to write his thoughts on a movie in the "Last Thing You Watched" thread. Because I do believe every movie needs to be talked about but unlike @satam55 I don't believe every movie I watch (or plan to watch but never do) necessarily needs its own thread.

And I'm quite please you still remember my "Defective Comics" avatar because I had totally forgotten about it which just tells me that shyt made you catch feelings.:umad:

Especially because even an idiot could tell I made that avatar as a joke and the only other person to catch feelings over it is that never fun having, always crying and whining about mythical Marvel Stans @Prodigal Syndicate .

Oh yeah, last but not least.

You keep saying it's "too easy" but if it really were "too easy" you wouldn't be responding with a post that just as easily resembles
full

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
@obarth didn't leave anything for the rest of us :to:

He killed every moron in this thread in two posts :wow:

:dead: @ the terrible excuse for "rebuttals" :mjlol:

DCEU on a roll brehs :wow:

Suicide Squad with only an 18% drop this weekend nearing $700M worldwide now :russ:
If ss has gotten a China release it would have easily passed gotg and winter soldier at the box office. :ehh:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It was mediocre.

I didn't dislike it, watched it maybe twice but no real desire to see it again.

I don't mind Cavil or the fact that it's not all bright in it's tone but the script had some glaring issues.